Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

This time last year the possibility of PuC being used for a Munster Rugby game was also branded as "Ridiculous"

• Christ, I've read some scutter in my time but that is surely up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The broadcaster or lack thereof would not be a topic of discussion between the owner and the temporary tenant of the stadium.

It was a question not a comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭theVersatile

It'd be more likely Amazon Prime or someone in that vein pick this up than GAAGO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Details about MRSC presale sent by email while ago. Ticket link live from Thursday the 1st of September from Noon until 6PM Monday the 5th of September. 4 tickets per account limit.

• Advertisement

MRSC members also get a 10% discount on the prices and lower ticketmaster fees during the pre-sale window

• Tickets got!

Disappointed I couldn't get any for the South Stand.

Maybe its a case that the South Stand is reserved for the 10 Year Ticket Holder Presale, Munster Rugby Sponsors Presale and Munster Rugby Clubs Presale?

Booked 3 tickets there in South stand upper. Seem to be able to go back in and book 2 more so not sure is it 4 tickets per transaction or per account.

Also seems to be an extra category of tickets of 54e each so assume 60e before the 10% discount.

Looks like those €54/€60 tickets are gone and the TM booking fee is €2 per ticket

Have to say there's nothing wrong with those prices in fairness

• Advertisement

• I logged in at exactly 12 pm and search the 3 South Stand options and got "No Results".

I can have the option of 102, 303, 304, 309 and 310 now, I was gonna email to swap them but I'm happy in 405.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Team named for London Irish

Munster: Simon Zebo; Calvin Nash, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; Ben Healy, Neil Cronin; Josh Wycherley, Scott Buckley, Keynan Knox; Jean Kleyn, Eoin O’Connor; Fineen Wycherley, Jack O’Donoghue (C), Alex Kendellen.

Replacements from: Diarmuid Barron, Chris Moore, Roman Salanoa, Liam O’Connor, Edwin Edogbo, Thomas Ahern, Cian Hurley, Daniel Okeke, Paddy Patterson, Jack Crowley, Liam Coombes, Malakai Fekitoa, Antoine Frisch, Tony Butler, Mike Haley.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,409 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

London Irish match was a game of 2 halves (again)

First half was pretty woeful, but the 2nd half saw some excellent attacking rugby

There were wholesale changes at halftime again, but some standout performers

Crowley was very good at 10 when he came on

Patterson at 9 had another good week to back up last weeks performance. A few errors, but facilitated the game the team seemed to be trying to play

Fekitoa was awesome again

Frische was good too

Odogbo was an absolute machine, huge power and impact off the bench

Ahern had some great moments and looks really athletic. One of the outstanding performances in the 1st half

Klein was great in defence in the 1st half

Okeki made some big movements from number 8, he looks to be almost ready to go at URC level at least

• Registered Users Posts: 24,289 ✭✭✭✭phog

Pretty piss poor performance from Munster, I know it's a new coaching team and guys have to get used to what's being asked of them but there was very little to get excited about tonight.

I know it's early days yet but if we face disruption during the emerging Ireland tour to SA it could really affect our standings at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Looks like someone uploaded the full game to youtube if anyone who missed it wants to catch it before it's taken down.

Would Emerging Ireland want some munster players based on last nights performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Is Edwin Edogbo u20 this season?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It was a preseason friendly. It means nothing. Farrell and co will have more than likely already picked their touring party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭theVersatile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,409 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The two games have shown how reliant we are on Casey and Patterson. If we have to start Cronin we're in for a long night. He's just not good enough unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Treaty fella

I was worried about this as well, however once Ethan Coughlan finishes his pre season (started late due to U20)

It should give us a bit more depth/competition for that 3rd spot

Yes, Cronin was a contributing factor to our poor performance but no one really shun and he wasn't to blame for all of the bad performance. We had overthrown lineouts, scrum penalties, penalty not finding touch, missed tackles, their first try was down to missed tackles. In the 2nd half we coughed up a try from a scrum on their 22, a few simple passes and they're dotting down for a try without a finger being laid on the ball carrier or receiver.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I think we’re ok in that regard; with Murray and Casey, and Patterson showing a lot of promise Cronin could well be out 4th choice now. (I do wonder if this is the season we could see Casey overtaking Murr as first choice tho).

I'd be more concerned about other positions, the obvious one being tighthead. We really need at least one of Knox or Salanoa to step into first choice this year.

Post edited by aloooof on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Shehal

If we are in a situation where we must go that far down the depth chart we are just bang out of luck anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

In the first half, the 9, 10, 12 were poor in defense. LI just kept sending strong runners into that space and made huge gains.

• I must say I was very impressed with Fekitoa in the past 2 weeks. Two very strong showings. The cynic in me was expecting a World Cup winner to be phoning it in to some degree. I was slightly surprised to see him at 12 I must admit.

I had him down as more of an outside centre and Frisch down as an inside centre. Was surprised to seem them the other way around.

Frisch did seem very composed with ball in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Yeah, he certainly looks like a guy who leads by example. Great to see.

At this stage there seems to be only tickets for behind the goals for the friendly v SA in PuC.

That's good going with them only on sale a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

Yeah saw that this morning , that is a massive amount of tickets sold , could well be a sell out

Advertisement