Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Concord 4 with keyfobs

• 31-08-2022 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

I have a GE concord 4 (eircom phonewatch) that works great, have recently added extra sensors etc (after an extn was built). I also managed to get some keyfobs.

Problem is that I can only get one keyfob and one external keypad or 2 external keypads or 2 keyfobs learnt at the same time, if I try a third the system says "Invalid".

I can't find anything online that says there is a limitation on the number of input devices you can have.

Any help would be appreciated,

W.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DocMcC

Hi Altor,

Single Zone with 20 sensors, 1 keypad and one Fob.

Setup as for home and away - home disables the motion sensors.

Much appreciated,

So have you 20 zones, 1 fob and 1 keypad. 22 zones used in the panel?

These panels are limited to 24 zones and 48 zones as far as I remember so you should be getting another 2 zones for to add the extra fob.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DocMcC

Hi,

Thanks Altor, counted the sensors and I have 23 (but I deleted one recently as it kept going off) which leaves 22, with 1 keypad and one FOB makes 24.

I thought the system could take 96 but I guess I need to change the card/add an expansion card. Would you know where I can get an additional card (is it as simple as getting a used system and taking the card from it and attaching it to the superbus 2000?

Much appreciated,

I think there was a 96 for commercial premises, very expensive panel back in the day but the range on the RF was better than the other panels used.

You would need to look on adverts or that to get one, its an obsolete product these days.

Another option would be to add a UTC Advanced panel with a receiver which picks up 32 devices.

Also has a Lan port which you can use with for a free app for remote access and alarm activations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement