Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Let's try not to flood the forum with too many distinct Tesla posts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

The Q&A section has people with the newer model and says they fit. That’s why I ordered.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bilasy

Same boat with you but hopefully by the end of the day we receive something, delivery team seem very confident so let’s wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Collecting 9th also. Got a text today to remind me of the appointment, replied back asking when I’d get the reg

Tesla Update - Your Model 3 collection is scheduled for 2:00 PM on Friday 09 September at Tesla Delivery Hub Dublin. You must bring a valid driving licence, the V5c and both keys if trading in a vehicle, and ensure appropriate insurance cover is in place. 

We cannot guarantee the level of charge on your car. Your collection will be self-service, so download the Tesla app at ts.la/app to learn about your Model 3. Not ready for your Model 3 or need help? Reply here.

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/event/delivery-hubs-dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭eagerv

I see on FB that the tent is no longer there..Makes collecting a bit more difficult with the weather atm.

Best wishes to all new owners, looking forward to seeing loads of pics. 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fungie

Just back from collecting car. Can't say it was a good experience. Tough to find, google maps brought us to wrong entrance.

There was no info given, just sign and off you go. An older gentleman had no idea how to navigate home and they were slow to help. Some people were also giving out that they weren't charged as people have long drives back, that didn't apply to me.

It was lashing and there was no cover so inspection was very tough. I wasn't massively upset but my dad was shocked by the lack of service.

It wouldn't hurt Tesla to spend a few bob on the collection experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

couldn't agree more - the whole process start to finish is poor - i can see why VW etc. are starting to outsell Tesla. When you factor in the trade-in process and how seamless the transaction is when you go to a dealer i can see why 90% of people just ain't up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

so what is the correct entrance? is it the renualt ireland side or the other entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

@fungie @mc2022B2TF that sounds like a NON premium experience to say the least. Some people will need more assistance than others, someone from Tesla should be immediately available to answer any questions and take them through the essentials.

Also it seems crazy they don't have tents available, the forecast is poor over the next week.

• Advertisement

We went through a restricted entrance by accident and was never stopped so not sure where actual one is. Was just off M7 somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

North Dublin city gang :) collected today, was a 5 minutes afair. Have a good few pre-existing scratches i need to have taken care of in the next 2 weeks. Extra info: battery was 39% so prepare accordingly

The entire process from start to finish is non premium

That's a bit of a sh#t show there today. Collecting cars not even half charged in the rain. Cars that have been just thrown off a boat with what seems no once over by the tesla team, dirty, with scratches and defects by all accounts.

Not to slag the older generation but if tesla think they are going to be able to sell to them in Ireland it ain't happening.

Any older person I know has had the process looked after by their son or daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Would they not even give them a wash after the trek from China?

I won't need any support from tesla folks other than sign whatever is needed - I'll look it over myself and head off but you would feel bad for people having to stand around looking for help. You see the experience over in the states and it looks head and shoulders above what we are getting but I'll try and remain neutral until I experience it myself.

It seems very strange that they wouldn't even put up a few marquee tents - they certainly have them as I've seen them being used when they are offering free test drives in random locations...

Where is all the admin done if no tents? Are people signing whatever is needed and showing insurance, etc. out in the rain?

It seems their pre-delivery inspection is basically non existent, just not good enough. No car should be handed over to a customer with damage. I will be going through my checklist in full, however long it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Collected a new Model 3 in Baldonnell in March & it was so filthy, I couldn't even see out the rear window on the drive home.

Neighbours that evening & the following day (before I got it washed) were shocked by the way a brand new car was delivered. Tesla don't care.

That said, collecting another later & can't believe they don't even have a tent there now!

The car was so wet, I couldn't really inspect very well. I'll have to do a detailed one as soon as it dries up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

There's no PDI in my experience. Take it or leave it.

You are charged €1000 approx. for delivery "inspection" though 🤔.

Yeah 1K for the delivery inspection - that's literally just to make sure a physical car matching the VIN was delivered.

I have to say it is shocking and totally unacceptable - the care taken by dealerships previously for any new cars i have picked up is what i would have expected from Tesla. This is pure cost cutting.

The delivery day should be a day of excitement and fun and not a day of worry and anxiety as to what state your car may or not be in when you see it!

outside in the pouring rain with 30% charge, full of scuffs and filthy dirty - there is your model s plaid sir now get out of here haha

• Advertisement

I can see over on the Tesla Owners Ireland FB group that the SMS people have received says "Your collection will be self-service" e.g. there will be nobody there to hold your hand or give you any face time.

It seems you do need to sign something however, where does that happen? If you have an issue, I assume you collar that person to report it?

Any positive or uneventful experiences from today?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

VW are not outselling Tesla because of any of these things. VW are outselling Tesla because they make far more cars.

Tesla have a huge backlog, demand is literally booking out years of production in advance.

What is also interesting is that the incumbents are all exploring options to move towards the Model tesla use...for obvious $$$ reasons :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jhaj

I completely agree!

Someone really needs to document this and expose the experience on YouTube with all the other "great experiences" our US Tesla friends have had collecting their "premium" car.

It sounds like Tesla Ireland aren't fussed once they've made their sale so we should make use of this experience using social networks..

Not true in my opinion. VW and traditional car makers make the process far simpler and seamless for the buyer.

And Tesla's orderbook is not as bad as most - in fact most manufactuers wait time is a lot longer and unreliable than Tesla's! "yeras in advance is simply not true currently in Ireland" - in fact there are cars available in inventory with Tesla right now in ireland that are unsold for weeks now.

And unless you are trading in a tesla then u will get a crap quote and have to go sell the car yourself - The vast majority of people simply do not want this hassle.

They want a seamless process that is as stres free as possible.

The fact that people are collecting cars they have paid a premium price for today in the pouring rain too is a total laugh.

Like have the cars even been washed or valeted when they arrived in Dublin? Or even given any sort of once over. Seems not.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bilasy

That’s a good news for all of who are collecting on Friday, I haven’t received such a message yet, what time on Friday are you booked at?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Nothing can be done here and the car has to be added and go through the process again. Bit pissed off with this as if I make an agreement with them I am expected to stick to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whykay

Quick update: Got my car reg number (an hour or so ago) & my final invoice.

Collecting on Sep 9, 12:30.

Thanks for all the tips from folks who collected already, well being a golf umbrella and rain jackets on Friday just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Hairy moment there. Collecting tomorrow but got text about seai form not received. After some messing around, I finally received form, signed it and returned. I hope collection is positive experience. Not liking the last few posts on that. Not even a feckin tent!

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

Advertisement