Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ha! Just reading back over the WhatsApp group conversation with the brothers for the 3 days. It's actually a good recap of the weekend, you know, 'Where you?....'Naked Lungs Mind and Body.....any good?.....brilliant....gone now....Salty Dog, sea shanties...quick...pint?....Annamoe Drive next up in Jerry...back left...' etc. Generally on my tod so I'm relying on the app but this is a more colourful catalogue of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Not sure who's the security crowd now, but when they used the Scottish/northern crowd there was some amount of scumbags employed and one particular occasion stands out to me when one of them kicked the **** out of an attendee and only one colleague out of 4 tried to stop it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

there was a few companies used this year. I found them very professional and minimal issues

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Doniekp

Was there any area's in the campsites for a BQ to cook your own food?

They used to have in each site but previous year you had to walk along way to designated area,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I can only repeat what the law says, which clearly contradicts everything your saying. The exemption on age discrimination that allows venues to set over-21 policies are for premises licenced under the Intoxicating Liqour Act only.

You can keep saying I'm wrong, but the law disagrees with you.

Services & Age Discrimination

Discrimination on the ‘age ground’ occurs where there is less favourable treatment of one person compared with another person because they are different ages.

‘Age’ applies to people over 18 years of age, except for the provision of car insurance to licensed drivers under that age.

People cannot discriminate on the grounds of age: 

when they are providing goods and services to the public generally or, a section of the public;

whether these are free or where the goods and services are sold, hired or rented or exchanged; or

when providing access to and the use of any place or or facility.

From https://ihrec.ie/your-rights/services/age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I respectfully disagree. I lived in the UK for three decades and for me only Glastonbury is superior to EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

I recognised you from the previous photo Stillill. the T-shirt plan fell flat this year as we were all in our rain ponchos. was nice to see ye in the flesh as it were.

Had a great time but i'm retiring now. its time for the youngsters to take over. Met 1 19 year old at TCM who knew every word to every song. If youngsters like that can carry on the torch it will all be fine. A very marked increase in drug use in the posh camping this year. Didn't bother me but it did get annoying when they were still shouting at 7am. we've already decided were are moving to ATN next year but i will still be stalking the EP2023 thread to get in on the excitement.

Song of the weekend, lads? I'll get the ball rolling with 'Tweet Tweet tweet' by Sleaford Mods. Sorry I didn't get to the Scratch in time for 'Another round'. Judging by the state of the tent when I did get there, that must have been brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

Mik Pyro doing Comeback Girl - extended version, call and response crowd interaction, much fun, he threw in a "Miks a sexy fat bastard" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

For me song of the weekend was sprints closing their brilliant set with a cover of wet legs chaise lounge

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The one way route from EA to the main stage was dynamic, only coming into force at peak times to prevent people surging in from the side of the stage. I presume someone was monitoring the situation then throwing up the “no entry” message on the large screen.

I must say I was impressed with how they created the extra space in the main arena (don’t get me wrong much different to original EPs) I barely felt any difference Vs 2019, in fact it flowed much better! Especially around the back of the viewing platforms and adjacent to the salty dog.

Ha! I saw him do an acoustic set in Spike Island at God knows what time on Saturday night, he was funny to watch. Did that 'I like moosic..' one. I enjoyed him.

The set up there looks astonishing, never been.

Nonsense. There are four exemptions, any one of which could be spoilers to ATN and other music festivals. The grounds of ‘culture’ being the most obvious.

We’re all basking in the aftermath of yet another very enjoyable EP. You’re instead choosing to continue digging a very deep hole. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Think this was my last EP, not that I didn't enjoy it, had a blast mostly and saw some great acts, I'm just done with the slog in and out and the way punters are treated as a cash cow.

I think moving Jerry Fish so far out was a mistake, Salty Dog was as good as ever and the added seats and coverings were very welcome Saturday afternoon.

The feeling just wasn't there for me, something was missing and I can't put my finger on it.

Fontaines were my highlight, Hurricane mind was brilliant but I love you was very special.

Pink moon definitely skimped on things, the showers were like a locker room, no proper place to fill water bottles that I could see, the new 4 man tents were fairly useless against that rain except in the sleeping area thankfully.

I'll probably buy the Early bird loyalty as it is brilliant value.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I’ve provided four documents showing that those exemptions are for performers, not four attendees, all from reputable sources, people and organisations who know a lot more about equality law than you or me.

Nope, you’ve taken other people’s posts you clearly don’t understand and applied a distinct lack of legal grasp and context to them.

Setting an age limit to an artistic event breaches no legislation. I’d normally charge but you can take that advice for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

Your the first person to say the pixies were dreadful, many people I've talked to and seen post here have said they were brilliant.

Each to their own though I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nightdrive

Thought they were middlin'. No Debaser no party for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

EOTR is far better. But far smaller. Its like the EP was when it started. With no drunken Paddys.

Glasto is king though yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Aside from Planet Of Sound i didn't think they were great, no. Tbf, since they reformed in early 00s i've not enjoyed them. Loved them first time around and saw them twice in that era, the National Stadium gig still being one of my greatest ever. Since the reunion though they have just left me cold but i recognised they were still a force to be reckoned with live. I had just moved on musically. However, the other night was the first time i'd ever seen them turn in a poor performance. My friend, who still loves them to this day, also thought it was the first time she'd seen them below par.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

Yeah last three songs from Sleaford Mods, Jobseeker, Tied up in Nottz & Tweet Tweet Tweet were solid gold. I thought

Arctics Monkeys '505' was spectacular.

Ah, absolutely, 505 was amazing. Couldn't believe all the kids knew that one word for word. Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nightdrive

CMAT Peter Bogdanovich probs tune of the weekend for me, unbelievable song. Gemma Dunleavy Up De Flats up there. Jeff Mills The Bells obvs.

Sorry if anybody was near me when Madonna Borderline was played in Mother Sunday night too. Seriously lost the run of myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Has EP reached max capacity at 70k, will they try to add in another few K for 23’ if they have demand?

If you told me 70k back in 2012, I’d have said no chance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Granite Head

For Those I Love - I Have a Love

CMAT - i wanna be a cowboy baby

Fred Again - We've lost dancing

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Song of the weekend? Two from Thumper; '25' and 'You're Bringing Me Down'. The latter being the last song at 3.45am Monday morning at Salty Dog. Beautiful. I'm actually getting emotional listening to it now.

Also, Violenti's on Sunday afternoon at SD. Sitting in a boat at the back, in the sun, sipping a rum & coke and they were singing 'Let Your Haggis Go'. I'm certain they weren't the real lyrics but it gave the two of us a great giggle and has already become a new catch phrase for us 🤣

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ok here goes

As I’m reading everyone’s reviews there’s bits of everyone’s that I’m the same on

Highlights

Fred again: didn’t think he’d be as jammers as he clashed with Fontaine’s and dermot kennedy. Tent was rammed but Jesus he was unreal. The crowd were so into him and sung back every word. It was really fab now and even better than his set at primavera

Snow patrol: we just wandered along with no intention of staying but they sucked us in, huge energy and again the crowd just loved them!

Mother djs: new area was brilliant and they got a lot of love all weekend… it’s not ep for me if they don’t close out Sunday night and it was brilliant.

House of disco : spent hours here Saturday night, brilliant! 

No searches for drinking through pink moon which was great!

Meh

Tame impala were bang average for me. Forth time seeing them, I love them but it was a bit lacklustre for me. Lot of stopping and starting I thought. 

Mind and body: what they have done or should I say haven’t done to the area is criminal. We used live in body and soul but it was literally soulless… actually really annoyed me to be honest.

Overall I had a great wkend with my gang. The weather didn’t really impact us only on Friday night so could have been so worse. It’s gone too busy, Qs for everything, I dunno the magic just wasn’t there. Everything felt like it was just thrown together or something. 

I’ve the worst fear today and the reviews are giving me great comfort if I’m honest and validating how I felt!

Advertisement