Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

or get a quote on zucar and autobuy and then go back to both and ask for more - that's what i did. A very easy process.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Will tesla up the offer though?

Remember, all their doing is passing on the beat price received from their third party list of independent dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

from the manual :

Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries

Some vehicles are equipped with a Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) Battery. To determine if your vehicle has an LFP Battery, navigate to Controls > Software > Additional Vehicle Information.

If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP Battery, Tesla recommends that you keep your charge limit set to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge to 100% at least once per week. If Model 3 has been parked for longer than a week, Tesla recommends driving as you normally would and charge to 100% at your earliest convenience.

In addition, a best practice is to allow Model 3 to "sleep" regularly by parking it with Sentry Mode disabled, when possible. Consider using the Exclude Home, Exclude Work, and Exclude Favorites settings to prevent Sentry Mode from automatically activating at locations it is not needed (see Using Sentry Mode).

Following the above guidance maximizes available range and improves the vehicle's ability to accurately determine the state of charge and estimated range.

no but i got an offer from zucar and autobuy and asked autobuy to up their offer - they insisted on seeing the car so i brought it to them and they matched what i was looking for

you could also ring a few dealers and as if they would offer you a cash price

i found zucar gave the best price but i had that up my sleeve when i went to autobuy

yes, that’s different and I agree with you there. I thought you had hoped Tesla would match the offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I saw those rims when looking around. Seem like a decent match for a model 3 alright

Stay Free

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

When I was trading up from my S both Tesla and Zucar came back with the exact same offer, neither upped their offer and I sold for €6k more privately first few days to first to see so there was very little hassle.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

On trade ins: My trade in for the X was a phenomenal offer and better than I would expect to get in the private market.

On the wheels, with MSM (The only color!) the aero wheels look good since they dechromed the cars. I wont be taking mine off. I'm already buying the poor man's tesla (standard range RWD 3 on base wheels, I dont need to make it look to all and sundry by taking off the aero caps that I wanted the other wheels but couldnt afford them !)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I have a question from my inner 9 year old self - I heard that the USB ports in the car are no longer data connections, is that correct and if so what does that mean for hooking a game controller up? Do they still work without that data connection and do any controllers work?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I believe since the interior refresh, the only USB plug that's data compatible is the one in the glovebox for Sentry mode. All others are just power points...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

You can use a USB splitter/ hub in the glovebox port to hook up a controller afaik there are also kits available if you fancy the DIY route to enable the other ports for data rather than just power

..to add, the glovebox needs to be open to use the controller so I simply take the dashcam USB out when "gaming". I didn't look into a splitter as it's a rare event. If you want to listen to music on USB e.g. MP3 or .flac files then you can partition the dashcam USB to have separate folders. Some good tuitions on YouTube on how to do it and once you've done it once that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

or you could use the likes of the 8Bitdo SN30 with a wireless dongle, was looking into this and if you have 2 controllers and dongles it supports multiplayer and seems to work quite well

*there is talk of future Tesla support of Bluetooth controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Collected my model 3 today, delighted! Mine had a good few scuffs and deep scratches on the front corner. Showed the guys and reported in the app immediately. Do you guys know how long a fix like this usually takes? I'm booked in for next week but already have speration anxiety 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bilasy

congrats and safe drive ! Any spaces or gaps when you close the boot? Did you receive two charging cables? Was the dash wood? Was there a usb flash already in the glove box?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Car seems to be making a funny whining noise when parked. It's like a fan going up and down in volume....and it's constantly going.

Never seemed to make the noise before to this extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Mine does this, sometimes its quite loud, varies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Its usually teh AC system drying out the filters... can be slow or fast, depending on what the car decides to do...

Its Alive!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks lads!! Crisis averted.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I need some advice from the very experienced Tesla owners on this and other Tesla boards. I have an Ioniq5 Premium plus on order since January of this year with delivery now expected in January. I'm not confident as I've been let down already by supply issues. I'm seriously considering one of the inventory Tesla's available. The cheapest model 3 is red SR at 60.5k so above the grant. I'm thinking that is like paying €7k extra just for the colour! So I'm thinking maybe the LR would be a better buy. I think there is one at €68k my question is is there enough extra with that car to justify the extra cost?

A curve ball would an inventory MY but another big step up in price.

What would you do?? I think I just want to justify it to myself 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

You could probably bag an inventory SR+ but would need to be fast and not set on a colour.

Stay Free

Just order a new M3 RWD....

I bought an inventory rwd for 53k 3 weeks ago and getting it on Thursday.

Was white and no extras.

Yes u are paying 7.5k for color and maybe wheels. That's why those are sitting there in inventory.

What I will say is that if u buy one from inventory u will have in about 3 weeks.

U could be waiting 6 months + for an ioniq so even the fuel costs alone could cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

Personally I would only pick a spec that qualifies for the grant. Hold out and keep checking for inventory.

Theoretically when the €5k grant gets pulled, if you picked a ‘low spec’ car your depreciation will be far less than those who chose the non qualifying configurations

Agree with this. I pulled the trigger as soon as the white rwd with seai came up.

And for anyone looking for a cheaper option if the mg4 gets delivered before the vrt and seai grants go that car is gonna have mad resale value when the grants go in full in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

That’s not great…I’d be majorly pissed off but it sounds like there’s not really anyone to even complain to on site?

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I saw a grant qualified one a few weeks back and didn't pull the trigger. I doubt another will appear but you never know I suppose. I know that's the best option but it might not happen and I could be left with nothing. My situation is a bit different also in that I'm currently in a company car but with BIK going the way it is and my business milage decreasing I'm thinking of taking a car allowance instead which will cover a fair chunk of the payments. Decisions decisions....

Advertisement