Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

They'd get slaughtered in the press if they travelled in a private jet or a helicopter. Plus the target audience are more likely to be climate aware and idealistic enough to think that it applies to all, rich and poor alike, bless their youthful hearts. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Fair point!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

When they've flown circa 5500 miles for one of them to make a speech they must think 200 miles by train will off set the footprint.

It would be extremely climate aware to appear via zoom! Of course, that wouldn't be good to Netflix!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

I just looked at photos of them.walking into the arena in Manchester. The way everyone is seated when the two make their enterance, like when the Queen arrives at a function. They LOVE the limelight, attention and press, etc. 'Ringed fence' security around the arena, as if its Biden or Macron arriving. Please ..

If anyone else from the RF bailed out of the Crown, they would be so private, we'd never see or hear them again.

• Advertisement

Apparently Meghan thinks it's great to be back in the UK. It's funny how she couldn’t get out of there fast enough a couple of years back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

More word salad from Megs, the same old thing again & again.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,695 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the security will have been necessary as there are no doubt dangerous individuals who likely have been radicalised and who could attack them or worse.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Mentioned herself 54 times in a 7 minute speech.

But I'm sure a poster will be along soon to say it's not about Meghan or she has every right to mention herself 54 times if that's what she wants to do and it does not make her vain in any way, shape or form!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

None of which - either herself, Harry, or the children were relevant to the topic or the audience she was addressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Megalomaniac Megain strikes again!

Why renew the lease on Frogmore cottage ? Its in the grounds of the Windsor estate, owned by the Crown, where the Queen resides, which is protected by the police. So essential you get free police protection if you stay in Windsor estate. Annual lease costs, said to be around £200k, is peanuts compared with police security costs.

H&M must have a team of business advisors constantly looking at every angle to see how they can benefit and profit from every single move, including these 'charity' appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I’m finding the propaganda photos of their current ‘royal tour’ very entertaining. In every single photo of them in the back of their ‘hybrid electric land rover’ they have huge grins plastered on their faces. At both events there’s constant ‘loving gazes’. Meghan doing a great job, she’s trained for this after all. But Harry keeps letting the side down, photographers keep catching his angry resting face. This whole trip is about revenge, showing the royal family that they won’t be pushed out of the royal limelight, despite their joy at finding their freedom. Deluded doesn’t even come close to describing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

A red carpet reception in Germany to a crowd of tens of people.

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

This is an interesting take on the One Young World speech.

I also see that Allison Davis, the interviewer for The Cut, has been placed on extended leave - someone didn’t like the subtle mocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The size of her ego must have grown enormously after today. For people who wanted to leave the royal family, they sure are acting like they never left!

I listened to some of the Manchester speech, where she "refered to herself 54 times in 7 mimutes". I never realized how self absorbed that woman was until then. Fai enough she was acting as thats what she does, but my god, the woman is not well in the head. I could only manage 3 minutes.

She really thinks she's a Royal, or A lister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭madeiracake

Read somewhere earlier, can't find it now, that she was saying she got a bit sick of people saying she was lucky to marry Harry and was telling people he was lucky to have her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

They are trying to do a royal tour despite no longer being working royals. Like they actually think they have the clout to run a kind of parallel royal family? It's just weird. It's like when has beens or one hit wonders insist on still touring and get relegated to crappy pubs instead of stadiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Yea it's similar to a boy band member thinking he can make it big on his own only to crash and burn after one solo single 😄

To thine own self be true

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

She's the Brian McFadden of the Royals then? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭Deeec

Its currently breaking news that the Queens health has deteriorated. Close family are on their way to Balmoral. It looks like her death could be imminent.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just after reading that.

I thought she looked in good form meeting with Liz Truss. Frail, obviously but in good spirits.

I think Philip's death took a huge toll on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, they wouldn't issue a statement like that unless there was something seriously wrong.

In fairness, she has had a fantastic innings. 70 years as monarch and head of state is quite incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I mean part of me understands why she took one look at Truss and thought "Stuff this, One is leaving the building"

But in all seriousness I do hope that whatever is happening she remains comfortable and doesn't suffer pain.

Just saw that.

Poor Queen. It's highly unlikely that they'd have issued any statement if it was the usual setbacks she's encountered of late, it does feel like the media are preparing the people for a monumental change.

They always seemed like one of those couples where one wouldn't be long following the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

A shot of steroids to get through the meetings with Liz and Boris and the photoshoot? The fact is, at her age she can deteriorate very rapidly, rally briefly and deteriorate some more. I'd hate to think she'll linger on in very frail health for a long while considering how active and sharp her mind is.

Advertisement