Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ECU repair limerick

• 06-09-2022 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi my car started misfiring few days ago . Brought to mechanic and he said it was the ECU. He brought it to some fella in rhebogue but he would take ages to fix it . I really needed the car so mechanic put part back in car so I'm only using it for short journeys. Wandering who does that sort of work in limerick. I heard roman down dock road does that but mechanic said he charges alot and my car is 2006 Opel do don't want to spend too much money on it . Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭phog

Would it be possible to pick up an ECU at a breakers yard rather than wait for your one to be repaired

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

I was thinking that too but think it was very hard to get the part and too expensive new . But might be worth looking into . Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,309 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've no experience of the guy on the Dock road but I did hear he is bit of a wiz with ECUs. A second hand one from a breakers yard is a gamble to be honest, it could last you 3 days or 3 years and it will still cost money to have the car reprogramed to accept it. So unfortunately the only alternative I can see to not wanting to spend money on it, is to consider parting ways with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭thedart

No need to get anything programmed if you get ecu, key etc from the donor car.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

I meant to update this . I brought it down to roman down the dock road a few weeks ago. He checked the ECU and said nothing was wrong with it and changed the coil pack and spark plugs and car been fine since . Charged 180 quid which doesn't seem too mad a price. Really annoyed since was thinking of chucking the car at once stage. Anyway probably Time to change my mechanic. Would go to roman again . Seemed pretty straight up which is all you want when trying to get car sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement