Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FREE] 33" Mitsubishi CRT TV [4:3]

Options
  • 05-09-2022 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭

ITEM: Mitsubishi CT-33B3STX

POST\COLLECTION: Collection Only [From Dunboyne] - This TV as big and heavy as you would imagine.

PRICE: Free

Breaks my heart to part with this unit but the reality is that I just don't have the space to dedicate to it. I don't think you'll find too many 4:3 units of this size in Ireland. I'd rather see it getting some use from someone in the retro community who would appreciate it.

Post edited by Optimus Prime on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Any idea how much this weighs? I’m interested pending wife approval and that it won’t collapse my furniture!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Unfortunately I don't know how much it weighs and I'm terrible at estimating that kind of thing. It was sitting for years on one of those old Wooden Mahogany TV units that used to be very common without any issues. So i'd say best guess if it's a decent wooden unit you should be fine, if it's an Ikea unit you are rolling the dice.

When I originally picked it up, it took 3 of us to get it down a set of stairs (with a bend) and we managed to live to tell the tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Thanks for getting back to me. I reckon I don’t trust my furniture and it needing 3 people scares me!

Hopefully someone else can take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

What a unit. Very nice of you to offer this.

If you have no takers in a month's time I'll save it from the dump.

Cheers, I'm in no rush to get rid of it. Given CRTs in general are going to become more scarce as time goes on (especially ones of this size), sending to the dump would make me feel very guilty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks amazing!

I just don't know if it would fit up my narrow spiral staircase to the gamesroom!

I have a room downstairs, but I would likely be divorced...

Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'd be more than happy to get this amazing tv.

Might be a week or two by the time I get up to collect it but I'd absolutely love it and anyone who's been to my garage will tell you it will be going to a good permanent home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Another TV saved! 😪

But as long as you got the TV in the divorce it would still be worth it...

Assuming Ciderman wants to stay married, then I can hold it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Looks like im heading to Ikea Sunday so if I am I can collect then.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'll be around on Sunday, so that's no problem. Just shoot me a PM and we can sort out the time, address, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement