Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ianm0812

Hi there, anyone with a rough guess as to when the 700's on oom will hear about progression?.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 niall1996

Well I’m OOM of 800’s You waiting on results for stage 2 as well ?

Yeah just waiting on results aswell 👍 just wondering where abouts they are on the oom really

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

I got results back last week oom just under 600 so defo done up to there

• Advertisement

Not long so I'd be thinking 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cleary2000

Any ideas when batch 2 for the fitness test will be called forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

People seem a bit confused about how the process is working from here on out

Initially the top 240ish were progressed to stage 2. This is batch 1

Then the next 1000ish were called to stage 2

Subsequent to that about another 240ish were sent to stage 3- interview (This is where I'm at).

Therefore it would appear logical that people will be called to the next stage in groups of about 240 or there abouts.

The interview process takes them about 6 weeks. So based on that I'd expect people to be called to interview and subsequent stages every 6 weeks or so.

So far they've called about 480ish people forward to stage 3 so far.

So based on the above you can probably roughly work out where you are and how long you'll be waiting to be called to interview. If you get called

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

how are people geting on with the fitness tests ? have my interview soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PJandmarymurp2022

Hi Jahcork

Are you in batch 2. just wondering about interview.Sent in application form but no word about interview date yet .

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

yeah batch 2

Thanks Jahcork

Wonder who I can contact about my interview .I got stage 2 results about 2 weeks ago and submitted application form 2 days later but I have nothing since. Worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Starlight27

Hi guys I sat stage 2 exam in July I still haven't got my stage 2 results yet. Should it take this long?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

How are batch 2 finding the interviews this week? My interview in less than 24 hours but feeling good about it. Think I'm the last of the batch so hopefully ye haven't fried their heads too much haha

Whats your oom.I am 450 and still waiting interview date?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Glad its done anyway, hopefully we won’t be waiting too long for results of the interview

I actually thought mine went pretty poorly tbh. Suppose we'll just have to wait for the results

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

Just a rundown and a few tips as someone who went through the PCT early last week.

I'm not sure on the parking situation but I think it was a bit different to what was described in the initial instructions. I think you'll be ushered towards parking in the nearby golf course? Just get there a bit earlier than 9:00 and allow for some footerin' around time if you're driving. I know people were ID'd at the gate, but I somehow got through without.

About 35-40 people were testing on the day. We were ushered into a lecture hall central in the campus. We were brought through the agenda for about 20 minutes. They had printouts of the forms there to be filled out but I would advise printing your own out and waiting until the day to fill it out. Certain sections of the form have to be filled out with an invigilator present and it's not clear from the forms which sections they are. You'll carry the form with you to the bleep test; after that, your invigilator will hold onto it and come back to you throughout the day if you've missed some bits. They were undecided about performing drug-tests (hair) that day and it was eventually determined that wouldn't happen on that day (may be different going forward). We were broken into 5 groups and we began testing from 10:00 with the bleep test. Groups were randomized and each group completed each test as another group finished. If you are not testing in a part of the college somewhere, you are waiting in a large rec room with other candidates. There was a tuck shop open inside that building throughout the day. Invigilators come down to the rec room periodically and called on groups as things progressed.

Tests are split into two sections: 1) Bleep test, Sit-ups, Push-Ups 2) Obstacle course, Push-pull machine.

• B(l)eep Test: This took place inside the sports hall. Lines are marked with cones. You test alongside the rest of your group. A foot must be on or over the line on each beep. Make sure you familiarize yourself with proper technique. There are gardaí invigilators watching and they focus in on form after level 5 where the main invigilator was calling out each completed level from level 5. This section takes about 15 minutes. There are changing rooms beside the hall if you need to change/warm-up. I would guess about 4-5 in total failed this stage.
    • 5-10 minute break outside the hall as invigilators prep sit-ups and press-ups.
    • Sit-ups: You are brought into an area (squash court?) and assigned an invigilator who monitors you for the next two sections. You have a metal bar to anchor your feet and a gym mat under you. Your invigilator will count your sit-ups as you progress. Form is base of back to the ground, hands stay at your temples, elbows must come to your knees as you ascend. What's important to note is that once you've finished your sit-ups, you are given very little time before you commence your push-ups. You are essentially straight in. I would advise people to practice your sit-ups straight into push-ups as that's how it will likely go down on the day. Remember there is a time-limit on sit-ups. I would guess 2-3 in total failed this section. This section takes about 5 minutes aside from initial waiting time.
    • Push-ups: No time limit. If you plan on banging them out quick, it might be worth mentioning to your invigilator so they can keep a close eye for counts. There were a few incidents of miscount and invigilators not informing on poor form. They should count out loud push-ups completed in the correct form. Breaks are permitted for push-ups in the form of locking out at the top of your push-up. Take as long as you want here to rest in between push-ups. Familiarize yourself with correct push-up form. I would guess 3-4 in total failed this section. This sections takes about 5 minutes.
    • Break: ~2 hours depending on your group. You'll be waiting around the rec area.
    • Obstacle course: It's the same as appears in the videos. The exercise takes place above the rec room. You don't get much of a demonstration on how to perform here but you'll be ushered in as the person before you performs and your invigilator will talk you through it before you start. Your invigilator will shout commands to you as you go through so don't be worried about getting the exercise sequence correct. I don't recall anyone failing this section. This section takes 3 minutes aside from waiting time. This is tougher than you might think and general fitness will go a long way here. It is important to note that they'll try and get you straight onto the push-pull machine after running the course.
    • Push-pull machine: A weighted machine that you push the handle forward until you hear a beep and pull back towards you until you hear a beep. You will likely be gassed after running the course and they want you to go hard as possible on this exercise. They will give you a quick practice round on it to see how the mechanism and beep work. This exercise takes about 4 minutes (60 seconds actually testing?) and if you're unlucky, there will be no waiting time from the previous section. I don't recall anyone failing this section. The push-pull machine was broken for some of the tests that happened later in the week but I'd imagine it will be working fine as you come to your own testing date.

You should be out mid/late afternoon. No showers available so I'd advise on a few baby wipes if you're travelling up and back that day. Once you passed, you'd go meet admin in the rec room for info on booking your medical clearance. The medical centres we were informed to be Baggot street (Dublin), Dublin Airport, Penrose Ward (Cork), Steamboat Quay (Limerick) and Doughiska (Galway). If you failed any exercise, you were informed that you would must return to Templemore at a later date to repeat that entire section. HRPD should get in touch over email the following week to organize when that would be. There was talk that you would need to fail marginally (1-2 exercises at most?) in order to be asked back to repeat but I cannot confirm if there's any truth to that.

Best of luck!

Post edited by Physeter on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

@Phester thats the most informative post I have read on this thread to date, fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

Hi guys,

this is for anyone who has done the fitness test!! Did they mention anything about if you have an injury how they would go about that? If you can defer or anything?

Thanks guys

Informative post

Was it the same 4-5 people failing multiple parts or was the fail rate just appalingly high?

Also sound of them to have a medical centre absolutely no where near the North of the country. I'll have a 4 hour drive to my nearest medical centre ffs

There were probably one or two who failed multiple. From what I experienced, some of the people who failed were by no means unfit, just got caught on the format of the exercises. It should go without saying but my advice would be to show up having completed the section 1 exercises in your own time to and ideally beyond the standard required.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

@Physeter It's clear to see how you got to the stage you're at. Thanks for taking the time to write that very informative piece 👍

Fair play to you and best of luck in the last stages of the campaign not a bother to you ☝

Think all batch 2 finished interviews now today. Hopefully get results in week or two? (Anyone ask?) I'm happy with how mine went today.

Then I'd imagine batch 3 will be contacted for their interviews same time as we are notified for our PCT

I interviewed on Friday 29/07/2022 and received results on Tuesday 16/08/2022 (18 days). At the rate they're processing, I'd say you can expect the same turnaround of just over two working weeks.

I hope that helps. I know the waiting is a pox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KD1993

Hey everyone, just have a quick question. I'm in the 500s OOM and filled out the application last week. Just curious how long was the wait before booking an interview time and also for those who passed the interview stage how long was it before the fitness exam? Thank you for your help :)

My interview was the 27/7, results came out 16/8, physical was 06/09 and medical was today 09/09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Rmgblue

Welcome to the guards. And by the sounds of it you’ll fit right in

Advertisement