Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

I wish u all the best but as I said earlier the experience is not as it should be. The early m3 owners were treated to a great day when collecting the car. Any chance of a nespresso lads lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

For the pickup, do you turn in Renault Ireland or at the other junction?

Is well sign posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Small container building in the back where they have you sign on an ipad, that's it. Nobody to report issues to, they tell you to use the app

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

How long do they give you to report cosmetic issues, and is there a mileage limit too? It's not easy to spot scratches on a dirty car while standing out in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Daithi88

Collected today. Those that follow the FB group probably saw my updates throughout the day.

Car is amazing, no issues to report. Extremely happy with the purchase.

But my god, the delivery experience left a lot to be desired. A make shift cabin in a tight car park manned by 3 guys, one of which told me after I signed the iPad “just shove the lever into D and away you go”. Couldn’t give the car a proper inspection because the rain at the time was biblical. Surely some sort of tent or canopy wouldn’t have broke the bank?! I had my OH with me and quiet frankly I was embarrassed because we spent a lot of our hard earned money on this car and the delivery experience did not complement that.

If anyone has any questions, just ask away!

• Advertisement

I've had to temper the OH's expectations myself. She was expecting C&H's but not anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cantafordit

I agree, I just posted on the FB page that we should all tag Elon on twitter with our delivery experiences. Mine will be on the 23rd but I did tag Elon already in a post once I found out home delivery was not an option in Ireland and that there was no public transport option to get to the collection location. I'll be traveling from Cork so it's a train to Dublin and then a taxi to Baldonnell.

Collecting a €50k+ in the rain in somebody elses car park is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Thanks for the updates, much appreciated. I suspect the bad weather made a terrible delivery experience even worse.

We are collecting on 13th. My OH was going to come along also, she’s expecting someone from Tesla to handover the car and answer any questions etc. I may decide to go solo based on your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Just got my Reg, got an email to say the final invoice had hit the account, logged in and the Proof of Registration was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Today is collection day. Weather is miserable, but spirits are high enough. My registration cert was on my desk this morning, so i'll take that as a good sign 😁.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

When are you collecting @Boscoirl ? The VIN is displayed in my account now, but no reg that I can see. I'm collecting on 13th. Thanks.

If you have the reg plate, don't worry about it showing in your account. Mine hasn't (unless it's buried inside a document). I still see VIN, but no reg.

Stay Free

Where are the photos from yesterday? Haven't seen any....and I don't use FB.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fungie

It's basically a car park with a hut. Not much to photograph:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bilasy

Haven’t received final invoice, no texts or emails collecting on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

This is pretty much the extent of what is there (plus about 30 Model 3/Y)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

The Cork "Pop-Up"..🙄

Abysmal. I was expecting a large marquee holding about 30 cars per slot, giving owners a good chance to view the car in good lighting conditions and away from horizontal rain 🤣

I'm hoping for a dry spell this afternoon.

Stay Free

Friday 9th. 2pm

just off the phone with liberty. Had to send in a copy of my invoice before they can amend my insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

So should we go to D22AV20 or D24KH76? I might need to take a taxi and those guys don't like having to search. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Same thing happened in the UK. Richard Symons collected from a road in the docks.

A tent would be good but at the end of the day, your collecting a car and some people bringing the whole family to celebrate the occasion expecting a party.

I get it, your collecting a new car but that’s all it is. A new car. It’s nothing special anymore.

Bmw, Audi, VW, Kia all the same except they have a glass showroom. I collected 3 eNiros and they were all parked in the car park in the rain also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

True and true. For some is THE car so expectations are high. In fairness they tell you in advance that it is going to be a self service/touchless thingy, whatever that means. My advice take as much time as you need. If it rains it will not be for hours. Stay in the car and get familiarized with the menus, set you keys, phone, favorites, etc. Get a drying towel and after the rain stops take as many pictures as you think. After that I'd go and charge at Ionity or Sandyford and get familiarized with the process. I really hope the delivery experience will not hinder the owning experience which si the most important bit. Good luck and well wear

I know i'll be taking my time, but this is Ireland. If it's raining and you wait for it to stop, you might need to take a few days off work before you can bring out the dry towel 😂

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Well I have collected a Tesla and a BMW is the past 12 months and the experience is not comparable.

With BMW, I have a point of contact email address and mobile number for any queries that I had.

There were refreshments for my family and I and kids given little trinkets etc.etc.

A BMW product expert was available to go through the car in detail, spent over two hours with this person.

We were not left in the rain, the car was covered and revealed to my family and I in a comfortable showroom.

On the other hand with Tesla, collect and go, we could see there were issues with the car but no one there to help/assist or provide any advice, but I get it, that's their business model.

Sorry but can't agree there - all decent dealers have the car:

fully cleaned inside

washed and polished exterior

no paintwork issues or other defects at handover

The above is a basic level of service that should be a standard - a sense of pride in your product even.

I'm not looking for all the other bells and whistles but if you are lacking in the above 3 then you need to take a good look at yourself as a company.

Insurance sorted, no change in Premium. Roll on Friday!

What were you insured on and who with? My premium basically doubled….admittedly from a low base.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whykay

Cool, I'm pinging my broker about the cover for driving on the continent, it was removed from the renewal she sent from RCS this morning.. they quoted €539 for me, so teeny higher than my current 2009 civic renewal for this year.

2012 Mercedes C Class estate. I am with Liberty. I was expecting a big bump, as the woman on the phone had to get a Manager to approve for Tesla's apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bilasy

really? The who delivery team just found out your Seai form not signed one day before delivery??

Advertisement