Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche Taycan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Wondering what you guys think about registering a Porsche in mid October or possibly November ?

Porsche Dublin are adamant that the must be registered 222 not 223 due to their next year allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I am in the same position with a Cupra Born, its due end of September and I mentioned that if it is here by October I am OK but if it gets delayed into November or December I would wait to register it as a 231 reg plate but dealer said no, that cant happen, must be registered in 222.

The only thing is theres a shortage of everything from Cupra Born to Porsche Taycan to Kia EV6 so I cant see it affecting depreciation too much, in 2026 or whatever a 222 plate would be just as valuable as a 231 as there won't be a huge amount of anything in those years available....thats my hope anyway!!

I imagine demand for used electric cars will be pretty high in 2 or 3 years time when I will be starting to think about changing and demand for ICE will possibly be waning at that point. Its gathering pace now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I’d take it given the dual reg period the hit on a late registration motor has lessened, also a bird in the hand and all that, given the industry price hikes any additional value will probably be wiped out, and certain brands provide allocation quotas based on the previous year and they all have targets to hit, if you don’t take it someone else will and god knows how long you’d be waiting for a replacement if you had to reorder

• Registered Users Posts: 14,553 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I suspect you get more on the car you are trading in as well.

Having said that, if the difference in trade in isn’t to much, I’d want to wait until Jan 1st rather than a Nov/Dec reg. Not sure what the garage can do about it if they have a signed contract for supply of the car and deposit is paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

There’s probably some protection in the Ts & Cs for the dealer, I fully sympathise wanting a 231 but if you are not prepared to take the car when it’s ready they can probably cancel the order if so inclined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Doesnt matter in the slightest, and just ask the salesguy to not hammer you on it come trade in time. Take it when you can, honestly getting a car sooner is worth the few lost euros.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don’t do it in January, sure it’s nearly July, get the newer Reg …..

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭bf

Some rare sympathy for a dealer here, they get an allocation every year from Porsche - so if it’s not sold in the calendar year the next year’s allocation is dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

It kinda is though because if they don’t want the car they will find someone who will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭bf

Fully agree, but when demand is greater than supply, seller holds the cards. See what Tesla have done in the last few years since the launch of the Model 3, take your car or go to back of the queue again.

Yes it is. Its a relationship and it has to work for both the buyer and the seller. If the buyer is playing the paddy numberplate envy thing and it effects the dealers allocation the following year, I can understand why they would preference buyers willing to play ball. Build slots are hard to get, and some specs are more worth the dealers time than others. With all the 221,222,231,232....its all a bunch of 2's and I for one have to think about when the car was registered far longer than I would be bothered.

Post edited by Fitz II on

Software done today. Its a big update. Nothing too major on the front end, certainly snappier and the new coloured icons are nice enough. New android auto wireless which is nice for use non apple people. Porsche Center dublin were their usual gentlemanly and professional selves, that showroom makes me want new cars so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

How long before a used Taycan or Etron GT reaches 50 grand?

10 years? More?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Saw my first Taycan in the Mamba Green colour at the weekend (rare enough to see a Taycan in the south east). Absolutely stunning colour ‘in the flesh’.

One of those colours where photos really dont do it justice. A bold choice but they look class in Mamba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

On the flip side of that Fitz, it wasn't the buyers that pushed for the introduction of the bi-annual registration system, it was the dealers, with a side of Healy-Rae thrown in.

And you can't blame a buyer for wanting to preserve value in what's probably their second largest purchase. That just happens to take the form of a newer reg in this case. Calling it Paddy numberplate envy when those same dealers knock a hefty percent off the car price when it crosses from one year to the next isn't really fair. The public can only play by the rules set by dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

I'm considering one of these for my next car, any good recommendations on which options are or aren't worthwhile? The prices really add up!

If we keep caring about two cars that roll off the factory line at the same time with two different number plates then we deserve what we get. But honestly the difference in trade in value in minimal, and likely taken up by prices hikes anyway. You could be asked for 4 or 5k more in Jan than now and Taycans loose so little money second hand its not worth waiting.

Totally depends on your priorities. If you are driving focused or comfort focused. Personally I dont care for the self drive options, but I understand people who do. I think Torque Vectoring and Rear wheel steer are good if you want that Porsche feel. The bose stereo is excellent. The sunroof is good. Folding mirrors are essential. I think the sports sideskirts set the car off. Sports chrono also good option. But look a base spec is still better than any other car out there. What are your priorities????

• Advertisement

Well this is new....can add comfort access. Not sure I could be bothered for 1400 euro seems saucy. Do others find this feature useful, have had it on other cars and found it a bit of a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Seems like €1400 to make it easier for the gangs to steal it! 😀

Great feature. Had it on my €7k Leaf. Have it on the eNiro and Tesla. The 530e also. Can’t believe it’s not standard.

Would I pay €1400 for it, I don’t think so!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,429 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nothing is standard on a Volkswagen Audi Gruppe car 😂

€1400 is absurd though, this was standard on all Teslas 10 years ago

If I were to buy a new Taycan, I would not order a single optional extra apart from colour. They can shove it. Paddy spec it is. Would I miss having all those features having got used to it in other cars over the years? Sure would.

Its common that the better the car the less you get as standard....well except you get a good car as standard. You pays your money and makes your choice.

Unkle you have to option out the stanrard Alloys, horrific. Base colour but better wheels surely.

Yeah maybe I'd just go for the black metallic, would be third black car in a row though and it is one of my least favourite colours 😂

The standard wheels look cheap but I don't particular like any of the other ones either on a black car, except the 20-Inch Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Crayon is the best colour hands down on the Taycan...

Yes - lots of the 'supercar' reviews on the likes of Top Gear etc.. it is common for the car to cost £150k and then the extras are another £50k...

Pretty much all manufacturers send fully loaded cars to the likes of Top Gear for review. I'd say it's far from common to spend 33% extra on options on top of the standard car, no matter what price category the car is in.

Its a pretty futuristic looking car so it can take the white too. Agree on the crayon, but sometimes I think its too big for that colour better on a 911, and you need to break the crayon up with a sunroof meaning more extras. Black is always good, but if you like a clean swirl free car, its a maintenance nightmare.

Re the comfort access, seems its 6 meters from the car, which could be tircky where I park, security risk etc. Might give it a skip, not worth 1400 euro to me, but the next owner car put it on if he/she is so inclined

• Advertisement

Agree.

So much so I’m getting my (non Porsche appliance) wrapped in the future.

Advertisement