Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

apple event sept 7th 'far out '

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anyone see the “post credit” scene? Seemed like a teaser for the rumoured AR/VR headset. With the glitch animation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

€1619 for the 256 PM 😬

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Pro models have had a big price jump - €210 over the 13 Pro Max I think?

€999 for the Ultra, no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

I’ll go with the 128gb silver pro max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

€160 price increase for the base pro. That’s the strength of the dollar showing it’s head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭ozmo

IPhone doesnt seem to have changed much since last year? I'm still on an 8 - so would be a huge leap- but I put off getting 13 earlier this year expecting at least the notch to go....

- but the 6.1 Pro looks amazing... any downsides to getting a pro (besides the cost) - same size? much heaver?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Was happy when I seen the prices. But wow. The euro prices are crazy.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Have the new iphones got USB c or are they still in the dark ages rip off lightening cables?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭pilot1087

Is it even worth us looking at being able to purchase stateside now with them being eSIM only? Irish carriers seem off the pace in providing esims

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Big jump in price, my 12 Pro was €1159 or something like that. I’ll probably change though but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pnott

still have lightning according to the Apple Store website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Wasnt expected till next year. Thankfully, it looks like this is the last year of lightning.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Honestly overall I'd say it was a fairly meh lineup.

The Watch 8 looks ok, but when they have to spend so much time talking about "if you're in a car crash" you know they're struggling.

The Watch Ultra I'm sure looks amazing for endurance / extreme sports people, but it's a total waste of money for everyone else. Very niche product.

The iPhone was horrific. 10 mins spent talking about an emergency satellite rescue feature tells you all you need to know, they have nothing and so they went deep in a feature 0.1% of people will ever use.

The iPhone Pro looks ok, the camera looks decent, the new notch design seems ok but Apple in typical Apple style make it seem like something revolutionary when it's basically the same thing we've always had, except now they've baked the notch into the UI animations more.

Add to all of this the inevitable price hikes, a disappointing year IMO. Hard to justify any upgrades.

Comes with a Lightning to USB C cable as default in the box...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 48 shane14

I wonder will my 12pro case fit the 14pro, I’m assuming Apple have changed it somehow to extract more money from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭OU812

Totally underwhelming.

I’m on a watch 4 and see no reason to upgrade based on that.

Just got a 13 due to my 11 dying so there’s nothing there either.

The AirPods have minor improvements that would have got me buying, it I lost a pair three months ago and replaced them so no need to upgrade those either.

Sorry Tim, not this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Where’s best to place pre orders, where will you order from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭McFly85

Was thinking of updating to the Pro, but that’s a very hefty price.

€360 they’ll give me in trade in for the 12 pro. Might just wait a bit till they’re available generally and see if I can do a better trade in somewhere else.

I think it’s a very poor trade it value for what’s not a very old iPhone and you would get well over €500 if you sold on adverts or DoneDeal etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭McFly85

Yeah there’s a couple of phone shops about town that would giver at least €100 more if I buy it off them, just means I have to wait a month or so!

The camera cut out on the 12 Pro case will be too small for the 14 Pro.

I always sell my old phones on adverts and it’s fairly straightforward to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭CptMonkey

I’ll stick with my 12 pm I think. Nothing worth upgrading for and I’ll stick with the se watch too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

No reduction in price for the current models iPhone 12 and 13 is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

When did Apple stop innovating?

It feels same old same old Iphone

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Still using usb 2, great for all those pros out there.

• Advertisement

I think the days of major updates on any smartphone are gone, every year it’s only incremental improvements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

I was ready to be persuaded to get the 14 PM but will most likely hold on to my cash for another year - if I wanted a more rugged watch I would probably go for the Garmin Epix 2 and no reason to upgrade my existing AirPods. The IPad Mini might be an option for my annual tech fix or will update laptop next year.

At some point they may introduce a flip phone, but I don’t see any rumours it is on their agenda.

When will the new OS be available?

couple extra gigs of ram, better low light photos, load of less daily usable stuff like limited satellite messages and emergency warnings, rest same as last year.

think they want to move everyone to Pro - thats where all the big changes happened.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Yip. That's it really. Whenever they feel foldable screens are ready we'll see some new ideas, but till then it's slightly better tech with higher and higher prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

When will three have it up to buy they are usually abit cheaper than Apple direct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

Still no cellular watch in Ireland. Whats the hold up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Even stuff like bring back finger print and also having face ID, stuff like that would at least help

Wouldnt it be cool if Apple actually have something like Power sharing and have the ability to charge your watch

Samsung seem to be the only company that's really innovating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭pad199207

Was sure of going for the new Pro Model this year over my 12 Pro Max. After looking at those prices I just don’t think it’s worth it. Even for an Apple Head.

Thats outrageous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm finally going to upgrade my 5 year old iPhone X with the 14 Pro and am pretty pleased with everything on offer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

This is what I have at the moment but I’ve got FOMO this evening for some reason. Considering upgrading to the 14PM.

If anyone one wants a 12PM in perfect condition a day or two after launch day send me a PM.

Cellular watch, one charger/cable for all devices, charging AirPods/watch with phone. Just some of many changes that would actually make a huge difference.

The car crash thing and satellite phone is a waste of time for me. Watch Ultra not necessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Ive got the Series 4 and am still holding out for a bigger change. The last 3 series have just been minor changes really. Still get all day battery life easily. So will probably hold out

Was considering upgrading to the new AirPod pros but again, really minor updates that I don’t think I’ll bother.

Ive the 13 Pro and had no intention of upgrading, but the new 14 Pro had me tempted. Until I saw the massive price bump. Thinking of holding off on that one too.

Couldn’t believe the price increase myself. Nearly €1500 for the 14PM. Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 gooner291

Buying my first iphone and was waiting for this event since my pixel broke a week ago. I am sick of android and just love all my other apple devices so I am giving in..

I am a bit sickened by the price of the pro, I think I simply cant pay that much.

My question is do ye think its worth buying the 14 over the 13? 1029 v 829 so 200 euro difference and I'm hoping the 13 might drop more over the next few days.. I dont really see a useful difference between the 2?

Is there any chance of the 13 pro going below 1k based on what usually happens? Its 1100 in argos in green atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

'

People say this every year when phones and new iOS comes out but if you compare iPhones from 4/5 years ago to now you see that these “incremental“ changes and years of no innovation or new features have somehow lead to vastly different phones and features.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tele2

Looking at ways to bring an iPhone 14 in from the US. At $799, that’s a saving of €540 off the Irish price. I know the warranty is valid only in the US. Anyone else considering?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

eSim in USA. Don’t forget taxes in the shop in America.

And paying vat on importation here (at least on paper).

• Advertisement
Advertisement