Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apple event sept 7th 'far out '

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm finally going to upgrade my 5 year old iPhone X with the 14 Pro and am pretty pleased with everything on offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

This is what I have at the moment but I’ve got FOMO this evening for some reason. Considering upgrading to the 14PM.

If anyone one wants a 12PM in perfect condition a day or two after launch day send me a PM.

Cellular watch, one charger/cable for all devices, charging AirPods/watch with phone. Just some of many changes that would actually make a huge difference.

The car crash thing and satellite phone is a waste of time for me. Watch Ultra not necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Ive got the Series 4 and am still holding out for a bigger change. The last 3 series have just been minor changes really. Still get all day battery life easily. So will probably hold out

Was considering upgrading to the new AirPod pros but again, really minor updates that I don’t think I’ll bother.

Ive the 13 Pro and had no intention of upgrading, but the new 14 Pro had me tempted. Until I saw the massive price bump. Thinking of holding off on that one too.

Couldn’t believe the price increase myself. Nearly €1500 for the 14PM. Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 gooner291

Buying my first iphone and was waiting for this event since my pixel broke a week ago. I am sick of android and just love all my other apple devices so I am giving in..

I am a bit sickened by the price of the pro, I think I simply cant pay that much.

My question is do ye think its worth buying the 14 over the 13? 1029 v 829 so 200 euro difference and I'm hoping the 13 might drop more over the next few days.. I dont really see a useful difference between the 2?

Is there any chance of the 13 pro going below 1k based on what usually happens? Its 1100 in argos in green atm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

'

People say this every year when phones and new iOS comes out but if you compare iPhones from 4/5 years ago to now you see that these “incremental“ changes and years of no innovation or new features have somehow lead to vastly different phones and features.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tele2

Looking at ways to bring an iPhone 14 in from the US. At $799, that’s a saving of €540 off the Irish price. I know the warranty is valid only in the US. Anyone else considering?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

eSim in USA. Don’t forget taxes in the shop in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

And paying vat on importation here (at least on paper).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

As others state you’re forgetting that US prices exclude state and federal taxes and exchange rate costs.

However the warranty is valid worldwide. Don’t know why people think its only valid in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭DBK1

I’m thinking exactly the same.

IPhone X for almost 5 years now, and i still think it’s a great phone, but its on its last legs now due to numerous falls over the years!

I wouldn’t be the biggest tech head or anything so I’ll probably never use half the features on the new models but if I get 5 years out of the next one again I think I can justify the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭PaoloGotti

Haven’t watched an Apple event in years - why no stage event ie a normal presentation?!

Some of these are facts, some are made-up parodies by myself:

The new devices detect when you’re in a car crash

The new devices detect when women and trans women (why not?!) are at peak ovulation.

Tim Cook stood beneath a rainbow while talking.

There is a mostly women inc. pregnant woman running engineering departments within Apple.

The sweet-spot screen size that is the mini is no more.

The perfect solution to not being able to eliminate the top front hardware notch is to pretend it is now a feature called “dynamic island” that jumps about the place.

If you recycle an iPhone you are saving children from mining tonnes of rock so you’re going to heaven.

It gets better - the new iPhone pro cameras are better at capturing your best action scenes for “pro film makers”. It can even record at the time-old 24 fps to prevent the human eye from twitching in disgust.

….Can you guess what is real vs. parody?

…I haven’t even mentioned how seamless the iPhone makes the emergency service up a mountain experience…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭decies

Still on I phone 8 here now don’t no what to do reading all this . Should I just save and get I phone 13 . Anybody got prices for new products announced ?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

What do you mean by the eSIM point regarding buying in the US ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tele2

I understand the 14 has a SIM card holder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Overall underwhelmed.. to be honest most of the stuff I want is OS based.. am on 12 and I can’t see any reason for going to 14 at all. A good old reset and IOS 16 will keep me happy as will watch OS9

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Back for my usual annual check-in to see what's updated. No USB-C still so no iPhone for me again.

Saying that I'm seeing very little value in the 14 at over €1,000. Prices are gone crazy on them now.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

None of the 14 range announced in the US will have a sim slot, just eSim now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

There’s no SIM card tray.

Uselss in Ireland as we still operate a SIM card connection to the networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I set up esim on my 12P and it worked quite well as a 2nd network. I only used it for a month as a trial.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It only seems to be Vodafone in Ireland that are offering an eSim option at the moment

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT209096

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Looks like we won't be seeing any iPhone 13 price reduction here which is disappointing!

The price of the 13 in Poland has actually increased!

https://m.gsmarena.com/apple_discounts_iphone_13_and_13_mini_iphone_12_too_but_12_mini_is_discontinued-news-55700.php

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

The iPhones have got very expensive. I can't imagine sales will be that good.

If it was 50/100 more I’d be taking the plunge. I think I got my 12PM for like 1250 on launch day. An increase of 250 just isn’t worth it. They’ve probably priced themselves out of a lot of sales.

That said I’m desperately fighting the urge not to upgrade. I can’t afford it really but you only live once, etc. someone convince me not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

IPhone 15. In 12 months time you will have an even shinier new gadget.

presume you mean 50/100 less?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

It’s a 20% price hike. If they were to shed 20% of prospective customers because of it, they’d be making the same revenue and a higher percentage of profit as they only need to front load 80% of the cost to achieve that revenue.

Advertisement