Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

One day it started raining, and it didn’t quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin’ rain… and big ol’ fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at night…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

After all the dry weather we have had the last number of months I don't think it's too surprising how wet things have become so far this month. There was always going to be some sort of rebound at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

looks like eastern England will be getting the best of the weather in Western Europe by Monday, looks unusually unsettled for Iberia ( even for Sept) due to Danielle. As for Ireland .... no comment.

Bad luck for anyone heading to Portugal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Portugal hasn't had a great summer. It was very cool and unsettled all through June and looks like they are going back to unsettled conditions for the next while. Southeast England and London in particular is still in mid summer conditions. Aside from a few downpours 2 weeks ago they haven't really had any cool or unsettled weather since the first week of June. Our summer is clearly completely over since September 1st when we flipped into a very autumnal pattern, but at least it's still fairly mild. A fair chance the Atlantic will dominate our weather all the way through this month with only the odd isolated day of respite from the rain and showers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Some very high rain totals showing up Sun into Mon, areas with the highest rainfall not nailed down yet, currently showing Atlantic coastal counties getting the most, some uncertainty still , will have to keep an eye on the charts.

Mild over the weekend getting up over 20C in places, possibly up to 22C on Monday, sticky.

• Advertisement

My wife is going to murcia with her sister next Monday for a week ( one of her other sister owns an apartment there ). Won't be happy when I tell her to expect some rain. Last time she was there was September 2019 when there was very heavy record breaking rain ,ruined her holiday,pool ruined etc. Won't be as bad as that time but she won't be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Another monster downpour happening at the moment (SW Laois), there has been very little letup since last Saturday. Thankfully Danielle is not heading in our direction and the jetstream doesn't look conducive to steering the remnants of Earl our way either. It would be nice to have a few dry days again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Warning just issued

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Handing out yellow warnings like smarties lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

It's been a lovely afternoon in South Wicklow since around 1.30. A lot of rain fell early this morning though so the ground is well and truly saturated now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭obi604

East Galway, partly Blue skies suddenly changed to unreal dark in last hour and been Thunder and lightening for last 30 mins, kinda freaky.

edit: fairly violent thunder and lightening too, weird the way it came all of a sudden

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A peach of an afternoon in Meath, plenty of unbroken sunshine and warm in that sun. Managed to escape with a totally dry day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Gone over the 100mm of rain since last Fri night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dry day Meath. Sunny and warm this afternoon like 'boiling hot' sun for rain at one point.

Mild evening and night and now hear the heavy rain that has arrived in to thr east coast and over the Royal County.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sunday into Monday was showing 58mm on Yr.no in the South now 28mm as some of the rain remains out to see. Its all very uncertain yet though. There's also a High Pressure trying to end it all but as there is now more energy in the Atlantic its not clear if this will be possible like it was over July and August when wet spells quickly got dispersed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Ireland

Met Éireann Weather Warning

High amounts of rainfall may cause some disruption and spot flooding, with highest amounts in mountainous areas.

Valid: 02:00 Sunday 11/09/2022 to 00:00 Monday 12/09/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭glitterIsland

This is from met.ie

Will Sunday be a washout in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Intense downpours here in South West Dublin atm

Raining in Sligo town but countryside 1 mile away is sunny.....for past 30 minutes

a warm but wet day here in Meath, plenty of very intense showers. Looking forward to the one dry day tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭appledrop

God almighty what a week of s**t weather.

First full week back to school and it has been raining 4 out of 5 mornings.

I haven't been able to put out a wash for a week.

I know its not that cold but once it's raining it just feels miserable anyway.

I know, I know we had an amazing summer but f*ck me autumn has hit with a bang.

Roll on tomorrow, I'll be out from dawn till dusk!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Will these excessively warm nights ever feck off? Looking at the forecasts, there seems to be little hope of that, with low to mid teen minima continuing for a while yet, which is higher than what you would expect most nights in the height of summer. 😪

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Bucketing down again, looking at the rainfall radar we seem to be one of the few places getting it. Not looking great for cutting the grass tomorrow.

I'll be cutting the grass tomorrow as well, hasn't been a chance since the summer weather broke and tomorrow could be the only chance for a while. This is quickly turning into the poorest September we have had in many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Strange question but what will the weather be like for drying tomorrow? I'm trying to get a lawn laid and the topsoil has just turned into sludge at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Nearly 70mm since last Friday night and another 20 - 30 by Monday looking at the charts.

Just had a quick look at the Ecm and its looking fairly dry for the week after this Monday, finger's crossed.

Post edited by lolie on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

More heavy rain due here on Sunday... Hopefully things might dry out after that?

Yes after Monday hopefully there will be much less rain. Up until Monday rainfall for parts of the East and South will be over 300 per cent of normal so far. After Monday till end of the Month it could be 50 per cent

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

After being hidden for a week by cloud/rain, sunrise is back in Greystones this morning.

• Advertisement

Looks like the nights will be getting cooler this coming week thankfully.

Advertisement