Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread banned from Queen Elizabeth thread mk 2

Options
  • 08-09-2022 7:57pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To summarise:

I was thread banned- i debate that this was appropriate

I PM’d Beasty - no joy

I opened a dispute thread - the thread has been moved to “Help Desk” for some reason I don’t understand.

can I please get some support from an admin? I will accept whatever is decided by them. But so far Beasty has sent me multiple PMs when I asked him to stop, called me a dick twice and moved my dispute thread to help desk. I genuinely can’t believe this.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DRP only covers forum bans and formal warnings/infractions (i.e. those that give points), and not a thread ban which isn't a formal ban and counts as a moderator direction. Helpdesk is the place for complaints, so moving it there was the correct process. I note at this point that the previous thread has since been deleted as you requested.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Thanks for the clarification. So there is no formal process for appealing a thread ban? If that is the case I think it’s a real gap in procedure

I’m quite upset that the thread was moved to Help desk and became a matter of public debate though. I would like to discuss that further if possible. Please let me know if that should be done by PM

I consider the matter closed now, as I don’t have a real choice. But I would appreciate a conversation via PM or here on how this was handled. I’m deeply unhappy with it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Not any process as formal and on-rails as DRP is. There's just the general method of complaining in Helpdesk. I should note too that DRP is not private, and is completely publicly visible. For a private discussion you should use PMs for that.

But since this isn't one for DRP, this thread will be closed now accordingly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement