Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

What a great few days. Too early to make strategic assessments but at the tactical level, Russia is getting its ass kicked most severely in the south and the east.

Ukraine's tactics and leadership just seem to be on another level. The boost to morale (and negative impact on Russia) can't be underestimated either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I knew a chap through work who supports Russia in this stuff and follows all the spin on that side. Well I was talking to him earliier today and going by him how the Russians are selling all this and the slow down for months on their side is:

There are apparently huge fortifications in Donbas built since 2014(paid for by the Yanks, of course) and the Russians are taking their time taking it inch by inch. Month by month is seems... Why they're slowed to feck all in the south too over months isn't mentioned...

They're not running out of ammo or going to north korea for same. They've decades of stockpiles apparently.

The stuff in the last few days is "nothing" and the Russian's essentially let them in and want to tie them up in the east, while building Russian forces in the south. Another feint, just like Kyiv. Oh and Russian troops in those areas were asked to retreat to save themselves, while reinforcements came up, and they said no and fought on. Oh and the reinforcements are tens of thousands of Russian troops. That after they take these fortifications they've a free run to the Dnieper.

Oh and Zelensky(the coke sniffer. this is mentioned a lot) has lost tens of thousands of his troops in the south and was told to make this push by Boris Johnson after his last visit or his backing would run out. That the west needed a win. That he claims to have seen videos of Ukrainian troops being slaughtered by Russian artillery as they made their way across open ground. That and 60 Ukrainian special forces slaughtered at the nuclear plant.

That Russia will keep pounding the Ukrainians, Ukraine is running out of fighters and this is why they're now conscripting women and when Russia gets to the Dnieper a deal will be done and the US/NATO/Boris will tell Zelensky to take it.

He firmly believes all of the above. So that's how they're apparently spinning it.

Did he mention where the russian airforce has been hiding?

Amazing how deluded some people are.

I think he will be in for a real shock when he wakes up to reality

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Slava_Ukraine

Got to say, didn’t miss the novels. Oh well he’s back the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

China is now buying gas and oil and at 50% discount over what the west was paying, securing something like a 10 year deal ,

Putin is currently walking through a minefield wearing a blindfold

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭jmreire

When and if it comes to that, then any remaining Russians would be far better off surrendering to the Ukrainian Army.....I would not fancy my chances amongst a native population after having terrorized them for months...and who could blame them?

I am sure Ukraine wont have any problems recruiting more soldiers from these liberated areas

I think many cant wait to get some payback

I wouldnt like to be russian now,thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭paul71

We have a live one.

""to show their supplies of military equipment of some progress"

Even the appalling grammar checks out, its been a while since they let one of such poor caliber out of the box, they are becoming desperate in every aspect.

Did russian minstry of defence tell you this or did you come up with it yourself?

Ukraine are getting fresh trained soldiers from the UK and other NATO countries and they rotate them.

As i can see,only one that sacrifice their troops as canonfodder is your uncle Putin

Check the list in page one, well known fantasist is probably the most polite description available

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That kinda thing has been brushed off entirely, or it's all "NATO propaganda". Reality distortion fields are interesting to observe, wherever you find them. The singular advantage to living in the 'West' is that there are too many eyes and voices and they can be seen and heard, so while it can be confusing, and too many just go with their own truth, something approaching the actual truth will eventually out.

True Jm, though it could also depend on the area involved. We can go back and forth as to the history and the whys and how they were co-opted, but Russian Separatists exist, especially in areas like Donbas and actually wanted Russia to come in. It's not nearly so one sided in such areas. Especially after the Russians did invade. Many Nationalists would have understandably fled, or were "relocated", or even worse, killed, so what remains might be a little less happy with events.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Putin say's a lot of things and most of it's complete tripe but yeah i do believe if the Ukrainian's enter Crimea it has the potential to end with a nuclear strike on Ukrainian territory.

Maybe he suffered concussion after being thrown out a window

Does not surprise me to see it in the banned list. Even its user name screams tin foil hat.

Although I am not certain I approve of your username either 😉

Absolutely. Ukraine should totally surrender now russia are losing. You've won me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭jmreire

I realize that Wibbs, a colleague who was actually in that region before it kicked off in 2014, and afterwards warned me of exactly what you have said. " Don't believe all the pro Ukrainian talk you have heard and will continue to hear in the future he said...remember there are two sides to every story". And so it is. None the less, if the war continues to go in Ukraine's Favour, as it is presently , then I would not like to be one of the genuine separatists in a future Ukraine. Relocation to Russia might be the best option for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,645 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am starting to think that is a bad idea that the Ukraine is getting Western Support, providing military aid I mean. Because all it seems to be doing is prolonging the war. Which means more innocent people die. The Ukraine are in a war they have not a hope of winning and Russia can just wait, due to its size and resources.

The war is going on since 2014 in some form or another. What is the end game of this 20 years of needless deaths? A year since the West bothered to take notice. But being hamstrung by the fuel crisis and a toothless EU means there are going to be negligible slow gains if any.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

So what’s your suggestion?

Ukraine surrender and let Russia in to rape their wives, kids, and murder their family?

Seems a lot of Russian sympathisers out in force tonight.

Panic at the disco….

50,000 dead and counting.

tick tock tick tock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So which city or town did you have to retreat from?

All Eyes On Rafah

Yeap, pretty sick discos too Jingle, Did you see the disgusting display of a Ukrainian soldiers skull in a Moscow nightclub?

That Gormdubh is the kind is sickening savage behavior you are proposing to appease.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - @one world order won't be participating in the CA forum for a while

That is just a cliche nothing more. From the way see it the war is been artificially kept going by the Western Military aid of the Ukraine = more people die in the long run.

But the Western Countries cannot go in on Russia properly because it could lead to WW3, so there is a bit of catch 22. So the Western powers decided to go in with the half assed route. The same Western powers who basically helped create the climate that has enabled Putin control, and Putin paranoia over decades.'The West' has really f**ked up and now it is caught between a rock and a hard place.

Yup. Told ye above. This is how they're spinning it. That's the narrative. US/NATO is needing a win so coke sniffing Zelensky is trying to give it to them to keep support going. And it's believed just as fervently and consistently as the daftest utterances from the newly minted Slava Ukraine! crowd. And the 'One World Order/liberalism is perverting your children/World economic forum/Trump' types in the west lap this stuff up.

Ukraine is running out of soldiers. Russia is running out of bullets and shells. It'll be over by Christmas, or something...

Problem with this narrative is the US for example have now gone full on 'official' with this war/special military operation and have made it an actual campaign, with a general, staff, funding. They're in this for the medium haul at worst. And this is the US, the Amazon of war. The EU are moving away from reliance of putin's gas and oil. The sanctions that aren't hurting mother Russia clearly are as they're at pains to ask for their lifting in return for keeping the EU warm this winter. Russia has been hit with sanctions on a North Korean scale. China is happy to buy their oil and gas at firesale prices. They'll do little else for Mother Russia as economically Thailand alone is worth more to China in trade.

And it's interesting how there are so many losses and desertions in Kherson, yet the Russian lines haven't moved forward and this collapse in morale magically doesn't exist where Ukraine is speeding into Izyum, where Russian forces are/were also strong and defending the "republics" they recently invented, defended, supported and invaded. How does that work?

Look, the jig was up when Switzerland, those slithery in it for themselves, dangerous chocolate, cuckoo clock making, cow bell tosspots, only concerned about the ringing of greasy tills, who played both sides in WW2 and turned a blind eye to crimes against humanity of actual nazis, decided to move closer to NATO and the EU because of all this. That should have told putinists something.

Interesting that you took that I am a 'Russian sympatiser' out of my comment. Merely because I am saying what a folly Western Military Aid to the Ukraine is.

Basically it means more lives lost IMO except will be a slow drip drip effect over a long period. And the Western powers can do nothing but posture it is a really strange situation.

There should be intermediaries negotiating at this stage. Soft political power can save a lot more lives than military aid IMO in the long run. History has shown that constantly. Get a dialogue started through back channels etc. That would be real progress, I think.

Ah yeah, go on, tell the uneducated Ukrainians what's best for them and their country. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. You should go and tell them in person.

Nope its the simple truth. Often the simple truth can be expressed in 1 or 2 words while an essay of shite, delusion, appeasement and false concern is nothing but a bag of lies.

This war is the result of Russian aggression and barbarity nothing else. Barbarity displayed in the form of mass murder, rape, peodophalia, ethnic cleansing, murder of POWs, torture and murder of Aid workers, castration, and display of human remains in nightclubs. It started in chechnya 3 decades ago and continues to today. It will continue for another 3 decades unless Russia and its appeasers are stopped by force.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

So what do you think through negotiations will make Russia stop??

Please tell me…