Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2023 **No Ticket Sales / Requests ** - It'll be grand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

My code arrived just now; I can relax, until 9am tomorrow 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

€195 is great value, will be buying and make the decision about going closer to the day.

Won't be going back to PM, its way too big with the same facilities for when it was half the size, tents that didn't make the grade for waterproofing were given to the staff to stay in and they had it bloody rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Approximately 24 loos in the Eco field, at the busiest times no longer than a 7/8 min wait. Usually no queue.

4 hoses (cold water) for cleaning/shower in the field. Public showers (max 5 min queue for men) 3 mins from the Eco entrance at the junction between Wilde & Joplin campsites.

Eco a 7/8 min (incl security) walk to the Salty Dog via Freetown and 12/13 to the EA/Main Stage.

I understand the appeal of Pink Moon (though not for me) but not that of a field where you pay for a site to pitch your own tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

@scruff monkey I'd add that in Eco Woodlands they usually have Loowatt toilets but they couldn't get them this year (Brexit). Their new Eco Bellamy campsite will be extended again next year so there'll be even more room - Bellamy is a bit closer to the showers than Woodlands but as Seath says it's not a huge walk anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Annani

I happy with €195 price. It’s a bit more than last time but not that much considering how much everything else has gone up lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

That's a shocking response. We're not bothered buying quality tents, that'll last a many years if looked after properly. Instead we bin everything after the festival and buy more inferior stock for next year.

If I wasn't already avoiding them, because they're too expensive (especially if traveling solo), I don't really have a use for the extra facilities, and I wouldn't trust a tent put up by someone else, I'd certainly be boycotting them on environmental grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Got mine just now - keep the faith

just saw your post above - nice

One hundred percent agreement on all of that CI. We criticise individuals for ditching tents but when it's organisationally tolerated it's a lot tougher to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Navan Man01

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Still waiting on my code ,grrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

They are there now, €305 for a 2 man, it was €250 when i purchases in 2019, and they increased already to €295 before 2022 EP

Early Bird PM Thursday access was €10, now its €15.

I expected worse to be honest.

PM was packed this year, but great area inside and outside to chill, have cans, charge phone, etc allthough the coffee q’s were a joke, so strolled over to Trailer Park for the morning coffees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

any codes going a begging?

I'm sorted for the missus and I but my son wants to go now, only if you definitely wont use it, cheers

This happened to me before the September 2019 EP sale for 2020. I got no code initially, queried it, then i received a 1to 2 code. I went back and forth for a good while and got nowhere, i snipped my 3 previous purchases with tm order reference numbers, and still got nowhere.

I’d certainly recommend querying the discrepancy.

Thankfully, today just after 9am i got the “3 or more” loyalty code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Really confused Three are doing a ticket presale which starts at 9am tomorrow that requires you have a Three code.

My question is if there is a presale, when is the actual sale time? And will this complicate things for the use of loyalty codes tomorrow.

EDIT: it's ok, only one sale time, 9am for everyone. I anticipate a cluster F%&k somewhere

Don't understand the Three code then if all the sales are happening at 9am, possible allocation of tickets for three customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Best of luck tomorrow, folks. The end of festival season is a sad event but loads of good gigs on the way. I've got Sprints Delines, Sigur Ros, Pavement, Dehd and the Cure on the horizon, as well as a trip to Cork to see the New Power Generation at the Jazz. Life goes on. See ye anon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Lads I'm on my second listen of the new album from The Afghan Whigs and I feel that it will be very popular on these pages.

Proposal for them at any festival this year, but feel they'd be well received in Rankin's Wood if that wasn't too small a stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Got my 3 or more code. My mate, who has been to all but two picnics, only got a 1-2 code even though she has bought most of them through her TM account. Ho-hum...

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

So tickets are up €25. Hopefully most of that increase will fund decent headliners and interesting undercard. €195 for 3 code loyalty is exceptional value still. I wasn't organised enough last year to claim any loyalty code, so in fact my ticket for EP23 is €15 less than EP22.

Just hope I managed to snag them in the morning now.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Dutchy

Delete pls

• Advertisement

The 3 sale, is an “Early Bird” presale, there is not the same discount, like with the Loyalty Scheme, just a chance to get them earlier than the general sale.

Yes, NPG is definitely a “must see” gig, i’l be at it also. It was one of those gigs that i bought immediately, and is due to include a tribute to the great “purple one”

Ha Sep 10th is tomorrow my dude.

Big news, tickets are entirely digital this year.

Not a huge fan of this change but can understand from Ticketmaster making money on resales and less customer service to deal with with people being scammed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Probably out of luck here - but if anyone had registered for a loyalty code that won't be using it would be greatly appreciated!

Since we're listing gigs I've The Lemonheads, NewDad, Richard Hawley, The Delines, Paul Weller, Fontaines DC, BDRMM, Ritchie Ramone, Gallus, Kerbdog, Thumper, Jesca Hoop, Melts, The Clockworks, Damien Dempsey, The Bug Club, Tau and Sprints in Galway. The Cure in Dublin (alongside everyone else here). More to be added. Making up for two lost years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Nice run of gigs there. I have Scooter booked for December in the Point.

Advertisement