Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

She wants the trappings and fame of royal life but without any of the duty or hierarchy. Hence their attempt to create their own version of it where she takes centre stage, instead of having to defer to Catherine and even Camilla, which is obviously intolerable to her. I mean, there were even occasions where she barged ahead of the Queen. Who does that? (I can only think of 1 other person who did, Trump. Lol must be an american thing) I find it hard to believe that she had no idea what was expected of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Their children are now prince and princess of a country that they may never live in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

She told Oprah in the interview that the children would never be Prince/Princess because they were black.

Either one of two things is true. Either she is an absolutely brazen born liar who knew this wasn’t true but said it in an interview anyway.

Or it was explained to her at length, by her own husband, and she didn’t understand it because she’s too stupid.

Either way her husband knew it wasn’t true and made no effort to correct her.

How on earth could either of them expect a welcome from other family members on this occasion as a result?

Meg brought this on herself. Starting with Harry asking the press to leave his girlfriend alone. Nobody knew about her, nor who she was. Followed by her solo walk down the aisle. Meghan no mates. Then when on tour, “Nobody asked me how I was feeling”. Then Mexit. Then Oprah, while Philip was dying. Then the Wedding that wasn’t. Then Finding Freedom. Then starting her Archetypes stories on Diana’s anniversary. Me, me, me and Meagain.

Poor old Meghan has an awful habit of getting things wrong, bless. Maybe she should get her hearing checked...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

She said she didn't read the tabloids or even the proper newspapers though. So if she was telling the truth then how was the media coverage a motivating factor in them leaving? The recent documentary series about the investigation into Dianas death on Channel 4 gave a briliant insight into the tabloid secret sauce. Their golden goose died in a car accident. What did they do? They latched onto Al Fayed crying foul and murder and conspiracy. They cultivated the conspiracies because it sold copy regardless of it's veracity. They still got to fleece their golden goose. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can see this is how they operate and any one self aware is going to grasp how going on telly and touting racism, suicide ideation, neglect, secret weddings, imprisonment is going to rouse these tabloids particularly when the truth has more holes in it than swiss cheese. But it's ok Meghan doesn't read them and there's nothing like that in the US anyway.

It's also laughable that you think the royal family is deemed perfect. They are very much a dysfunctional family really. I think William is prone to being hot headed as well like his brother but clearly he has (and needs) a good head on his shoulders. In dating Kate he got a good insight into her functional immediate family who are clearly closely bonded. This bore itself out and I'm sure their own family will be similarly well bonded. And who did Harry pick? The one larping as his mother, the one who was estranged from her own maternal and paternal family. Red flag alert. And what happened with his own immediate family despite that? Estrangement, division, alienation etc. What a surprise. Not. The basic reality is that Harry could have married literally anyone and she’d have been celebrated in the same way Meghan was celebrated as well. I think that reality is genuinely lost on Meghan. Assuming his wife possessed common sense about the picture at large then the tabloids could go about their usual nonsense. She would be royalty and supposed to rise above the nonsense, to not fuel them and if it actually became too much then they could have stepped away and remain much loved members of the dysfunctional family.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Didn't they say they didn't want those titles for their kids anyway, even if the evil, racist RF had offered? Maybe they will decline them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Does anyone else think the photo of HM and Liz Truss was a fake?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

she had to appologise in court for forgetting something, not a lie, and even then the judge deemed the whole thing completely irrelevant because it was.

chances are it's common curtasy to appologise in court if you get something wrong regardless of how big or small it is.

so there is nothing there on that score against her.

what she stated in the interview were a mix of home truths and experiences, sure there were some supposed inconsistencies highlighted from the interview but they were cleared up quite quick and there will be more truth to them in reality.

actually it seems that story of her being told that south africans were as happy about her and harry's wedding as the freeing of mandella was actually true, but she was not told so by the individual claimed.

now i would agree that that individual whoever they were was expressing a personal opinion rather then a statement of fact but who cares ultimately apart from you and the couple of others on this thread and the far right elements of the british press and it's readership.

Post edited by end of the road on

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

they all want some parts of royal life and others, so what? no difference in any of them on that score.

actually no, she didn't quite know what she was getting into when she married a royal, she had some idea of what the institution does etc, she knew she wouldn't have full privacy, but the idea that she knew that trash like the sun and daily mail would go full on racist, unlikely.

no when she and harry were treated like absolute **** by the **** racist elements of the press they quite rightly decided enough was enough and they weren't going to tolerate it and they fcucked off out of it.

but you and others need to re-write history because you are unable to come to terms with the actual reality.

the interview was no blunder, it was a necessary because of the (as i said) **** racist elements of the british press and their unadulterated crap.

hopefully sooner or later the 2 of them reveal the whole lot and be done with it.

Post edited by end of the road on

• Advertisement

not one single suggestion anywhere on SM that this photo is a fake because that’s just not possible and it’s a ludicrous point to make.

First of all, how would they get away with that, why would the PM agree to that, what would be the point, who was going to gain from it?

Do you ever look at things and accept that what you see is what you get, or are you constantly trying to find reasons why you are right and everyone else has been taken for a fool ?

no, she didn't bring the racist dogwhistling from the likes of the once nazi sympathiser daily mail on herself.

the fact harry had to ask the press to leave his girlfriend alone shows how bad things got, the rest of your quite frankly irrelevant non-issues are meaningless and don't change the facts and the reality, it's just waffle to justify and frankly fail to justify the unjustifiable.

I’m interested in how you see the catastrophe, in the light of todays developments, of her statement to Oprah that her children were not going to get full Prince/Princess titles because they were black.

One of either too things was going on there. Either she knew that that was a downright lie and she decided to say it anyway.

Or she had had it explained to her by at least her husband, if not someone in protocol authority, but was simply too bone achingly dense to be able to understand it.

The fact that her husband sat there and allowed her to say it speaks volumes about their relationship.

Which do you think is the most likely option?

no .

she simply declined very quickly and passed away yesterday afternoon some time.

got ill possibly on wednesday or tuesday night maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Wouldn’t someone who wants the press to leave her alone stop giving saucy revelations to the press? what a joke! Her worst nightmare is getting no press attention, she courts it.

there are plenty of ways she could have found out about the coverage without actually reading the news papers.

maybe harry read them, maybe an aid read them and informed her of the coverage, among many other possibilities.

maybe if harry had married someone else she would have been celebrated, maybe she would have been treated a hell of a lot worse by the tabloids, who knows or cares as we have the reality we have.

in this case the fact meghan is asstranged from her family isn't that much of a red flag at all because her family or at least parts of it are toxic and have been proven to be so.

not a chance would they have been simply able to step away, the trashy element of the british tabloids who are the reason they left really would have thrown the toys out of the pram no matter what.

It was manipulation. She knew the protocol but inferring racism was the driving factor would play well with the target US audience. I think Joe Public USA could care less to go digging into the finer details of royal protocol. Any who did some due diligence and cried BS could be accused of being an apologist for racists or even racist themselves. It was mud slinging and in my opinion Meghan had delusions of the commonwealth disintegrating on her behalf i.e. one of their heads of state is racist! Malignant narcissism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Even though the Queen was 96 her death still came as a shock to everyone, especially as she was still doing official duties on Tuesday.

It might have been a different story if she was suffering from a drawn out illness but from all accounts it was very sudden, without the aid of a crystal ball there's no way Harry could have foresaw what was to happen to his grandmother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭bmc58

I think Harrys children do automaticaly get to be Prince and Princess once their fathers father becomes king.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭bmc58

Ah for fe*k sake! It's his granny that died,why wouldn't he attend her funeral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Actually, no I don't constantly try to find reasons that I am right, thank you very much.

I am merely posing a question for discussion on, surprisingly enough, a discussion forum.

To thine own self be true

“the fact harry had to ask the press to leave his girlfriend alone shows how bad things got,”

He had to tell the World that he actually HAD a girlfriend. No one knew, nor cared. Couldn’t have that, now could they?

yes, he had to tell the world to get the press to stop acting the b////.

the press were at it since the minute he started dating her really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

That last photo of her was lovely, the room was so cosy looking and everything perfectly arranged. She was W earing a hell of a lot of lipstick though, almost makes her smile look like Coco the clown. I wonder how she’d have looked without all the make up. There also wasn’t a pick on her.

Anyone else think Charles addressed everyone by their (new) titles but addressed Harry and Meghan as just that? Not by H and M, the Sussexes?

The speech implied that The King is happy for Harry and Meghan to "continue building their lives overseas". Strikes me as any possible "half in/half out" notions being struck down as well. A new Prince and Princess of Wales as well. William in charge of the Duchy money as well. Crockery will fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

They're no longer senior royals and Harry's on record saying he's now just Harry. They've gotten what they asked for.

• Advertisement

The Sussexes don’t want to be part of the working Royal family anymore. They hate it and find it oppressive, harmful and stifling. They’ve repeated this ad nauseum.

The King acknowledged them lovingly in his speech as dear members of his family but absolutely correctly didn’t include them in the same breath as his older son and family who are not only his immediate heirs but working, contributing royals.

It’s important that the public are aware that there is a difference.

All of this is the choice of Harry and Meghan.

Edited to add:

As William is the new immediate heir to the throne, his titles and that of his wife have changed radically today. That needed to be pointed out.

If Harry and Meghan were still involved as working royals it’s possible that they would have had new titles but that’s completely unnecessary when not only do they not do any work but they don’t even live on the same continent.

Advertisement