Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Does anyone get Qwest TV in their TV channels, its owned by Quincy Jones, the funk producer, not a bad channel which seems to be like Sky Arts showing concert and festival sets, Mungo's Hi Fi is on at the moment, Ed Banger sessions was on the other night, I also watched a Daniel Avery set on it and Razorlight was on it yesterday, a festival set from France.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Waaaay off topic but @rubick this is the Portishead deserted car park video I was on about. And what a Picnic memory this evokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Ooooft. You're right it really does. Pixies' 'Where Is My Mind' comes close this year for me mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

That was brilliant, up there with Fontaines "I love you" for me, if Pixies had finished with it, it would have been just perfect.

Been privileged to see some brilliant moments across this summer.

Marc Almond join David Gray, I was like a giddy teenager when he just appeared on the stage.

Denise Chaila at Glasto.

Macca doing the 2nd side of Abbey road and Helter Skelter, and Macca with Bruce at Glasto.

Pearl Jam, starting a set with Betterman at Hyde Park. Johnny Marr joining PJ onstage.

Fontaines at EP especially I love you

CMaT, I wanna be a Cowboy, felt like a moment a star arrived.

And now my local have just put on a banger of a beer, it's been a great summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nightdrive

Goosebumps at the memory! Not seen many songs near as powerful live since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

Marc Almond & David Gray - had goosebumps when this happened - one of life's moments

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

@darzog the promised picture of the crowd at TCM. Get yer Van covers pals (Celtic Soul?) along next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

howdy, any codes going a begging?

I'm sorted for the missus and I but my son wants to go now, only if you definitely wont use it, cheers

What time was that Khruangbin gig at Salty Dog on Sun night? I'd have loved that, first I heard was a couple of people here mentioning it. I fled the area for fear Glen Hansard would be taking up one of the surprise sets.

I'd tried Touts at Fishtown on the way back to the tent that evening but they were late, a regular occurrence at that stage and the SD. I rarely mind acts being late for gigs but it doesn't work at a festival when you have other options. May partially explain their (supposedly) small crowd. I also gave up on Colombia Mills and Sack at the SD for that very reason. I'd have hung on for Khruangbin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It came up as a notification on the app, as a secret gig.

I think it was an 11.45 start, after Pogueology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Think it was 12:45 but they were late. The only good thing to come from the EP app was the notification of this gig. Not as good as they were earlier in the day but easy to listen to

Damn, I'd deleted the app by then as not only useless but also sending me irrelevant updates. Happily avoided a soaking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Best of luck tomorrow, folks. The end of festival season is a sad event but loads of good gigs on the way. I've got Sprints Delines, Sigur Ros, Pavement, Dehd and the Cure on the horizon, as well as a trip to Cork to see the New Power Generation at the Jazz. Life goes on. See ye anon.

Edit: whoops, wrong thread. To the future!

Betterman is that by PJ or is it a cover of the John Butler Trio group?

@Kepler21 I hope you didn't mind me using the pic from the SON & MF gig in my blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

Lovely shot! Thanks @Seathrun66 Yep, Celtic Soul, originally booked for 2020. I’ll be sure to pass it on to him…

Hopefully see you around stillill and others, I have night and day, talos, the Stunning, wet leg, placebo and the cure so far by year end

Lads, who has done ATN? Talking to a lad that played it this year and it's getting serious consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Was at the first year. Was quite something. Lying on the grass listening to villagers/new power generation with my own cans and picnic blanket.

If you want chill with a smaller smattering of good acts then it's the fest for you.

But if you're after so much good music that you have clashes to worry about EP is the go to.

EP is a different beast.

Great stuff Bodhran was great to finally meet you. Have never gone to the haunt but your write up makes it a must see for me in the future

I was at the first 2, Poorside. Had a great time, beautiful site, freeflow, 3 excellent bills behind them now, over 21s. I'd have no hesitation recommending it. First one got the weather and was absolutely magical, second one didn't and had some well publicised issues but was still excellent. Smaller of course, so didn't quite stand up to the Picnic in terms of depth and range of act but arguably as good this year in terms of acts that I'd like to see. It's a real conversation now.

Is there a mad hill to get to the campsite or was I dreaming that?

No dream but that apparently was much better this year, if accounts on here are to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

Sorry I missed this the first time through. Just catching it now as I compile notes for my next two posts.

Wild Roots was technically not free flow. They stopped you entering the arena if you were openly drinking a can. Anything decanted into a plastic cup was fine. As was anything in your bag because they weren't doing searches.

I saw a few cases of people cans drinking in the arena being told to stop. To avoid arguments security just started giving people plastic pint cups from the bar and taking the empties away.

There was the same situation at Otherside.

Sorry for annoying you now, is that for all camping? Like is the posh camping a bit away from it, I'll be 48 at that stage and I could have the hill named after me if I have to lump a load of cans up it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I've done all 3 so far and would definitely recommend it. Beautiful festival site, much more mature crowd, good music and food choices. It was noticeably bigger and busier this year with 25,000 there but still only around a third the size of Picnic.

It's a much calmer festival IMO. I'll be returning next year for sure, but as Stillill said it doesn't have anywhere near the depth that Picnic has. A festival going in the right direction but still some way off reaching peak Electric Picnic levels for me.

I was in Podpads for 2019, 10 minute flat stroll from car to site.

• Advertisement

Looking for some brain cells as clearly my brain has not recovered. 3 have a presale code available for early access tickets which goes live at 9am tomorrow. This is the time they go on general sale so thoroughly confused as to what the presale actually is? Not looking to buy one but very confused.

Advertisement