Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Izzy77

I ordered quasar grey and initially they also had two vapour greys (one had the 19inch wheels) I'm not a fan of the vapour grey to be honest. Each to their own! Those two are gone now I think. My local dealer also got some in but again, vapour grey so I passed. If I hear anything I will let you know. Looking forward to it now. My other half got an ID4 a few months ago and that was that for me .. no brainer when I trawled through my Bank account and added up what I am paying for diesel each month. Lovely to drive too of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

The one i test drove was quasar grey its lovely colour. Im looking forward to collecting hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm coming from approx 250 a month diesel bill in my A6 for mileage which the cupra will cover in about 2.5 full charge cycles which will cost me very little in comparison.

I was going to get an A6 PHEV or 530e but said I'd just chance full electric. Bit of a step down in size and class from an exec saloon to a mid size hatch but I was impressed enough to go for it.

I've never seen the aurora blue in the flesh but read enough online and in video reviews to pay the extra for it.

Aurora blue is fab. As I said, I'm really jealous 🤣 Actually I have to thank you for the heads up on the dealer! I didn't think any were coming in at all before the new year so thank you 🙂 you'll find a huge (positive) change overall. My other half had an A6 and was worrying he'd done the wrong thing...until he got it! No regrets if that's any help to you. There's no instant gratification at a pump but you get used to factoring all these things in. I love my present car a lot (Mk4 Leon diesel) and love it looks wise just a tad over the Born - however, the savings trump the little niggle. The demo car is fab - I kind of wish I hadn't seen it as I know all the things I could have had but I think it's a good time to move to EV so this one will be fine. It'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Nice to see the excitement here for a few posters!

I find the aurora blue to be much darker than I expected. However it's a fabulous colour in bright sunshine.

By the way, the steering wheel controls are absolutely fine after a brief time getting used to them. The swipe heating controls can also be tapped to change temp which is fine. The ACC is also very good.

The app is a bit clunky but seems ok, and the infotainment system is so far so good.

I'm certainly not missing my €110 per week diesel bill. Also just switched to a fixed electricity tariff so I hope to really minimise my travel costs this winter!

• Advertisement

The only thing I'd like from the demo car would have been the HUD. I would have went for 19s over the 20s too, just prefer the design. I'd possibly spec the pan roof too. Remains to be seen how the standard seats compare to the upgraded dinamica in the demo. Pictures look fine I think I prefer the darker material

Seats are fine. I got to sit into a standard spec one locally (already sold) and I was happy enough. Not as luxurious but that's to be expected. I loved the HUD and had ordered it but c'est la vie 🤷🏻‍♀️ the wheels was my biggest obstacle.. ordered the 19s. Aesthetically they look fab but I'm trying to console (ie convince!) myself that 18s ate better for an EV 🤣 Dutch Roll you'll be very smug driving by the pumps! It'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gorm

She has arrived

Nice, white suits it well

Some very nice contrasting with black and copper and dark grey

It's lovely 😍 The very best of luck to you. Colour is gorgeous.

• Advertisement

Looks really well in white, congrats!

Really looking forward to getting my own now seeing the deliveries for others coming through.

I saw one on the road this morning for the first time, either Quasar Grey or Black it was from a bit of a distance. Havent seen another and still have never seen my colour in real life. Will be a nice surprise when it arrives.

Haven't seen another one in the wild yet, but with only 51 registered so far, the chances of seeing one are slim at the moment.

A little bit of exclusivity for a while so.

I wasn't far from the dealership I bought in when I saw one on the road so I think it may even have been the quasar grey demo that I drove. Would have been on the natural rest route most people would take too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

@Gorm That is lovely. We'll wear. The white looks great on it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Thanks for the well wishes people. The car is officially my wife's car. Colour was based on "I'm not having another grey car after owning one for 12 years" She thinks it's too big so maybe.............. the future might be brighter for me 😙

How are current owners on this thread finding the range of the cars v the advertised figure of up to 425kms? I'm sure I could pop over to the id3 discussion but trying to keep this one going.

Also what other things do you like and dislike?

The most I saw was 388km at 100% charge, the morning after I got it home. Which I'm sure was a very optimistic estimate. Has come down since that as my driving data starts to normalise and the guesses become more accurate.

425km is pie in the sky stuff

Not enough km covered yet to know but car says avg consumption is 17kwh/100km. This includes a run on the M4 west to east in rain and a week's commute around Dublin. So about 380km was best I saw. Only grip at the moment is the app. worked perfectly yesterday but today refuses to cooperate. Car says it's in online mode, app says connection status is online but all services are 'deactivated' as the car is in off line mode and tells me to go the car and put it in online mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I think you need to get 14kWh/100km to get 425km. I've seen people getting 12-14kWh/100km over 300-400km journeys including motorway but obviously that's still best case driving in Summer and specific trips, not the average consumption for the overall charge. Maybe 350km Summer and 300km Winter if not a little bit more? I don't do any sort of regular motorway driving at all so I'm interested to see what I get.

Car will sit directly outside my office where there's an 11kw charger I'll only be the 2nd person with an EV and the other is very rarely there. Plan is to leave work Friday with a full battery and maybe plug in once more during the week.

Yea I find that the app isn't great. Limited functionality and prone to crashing.

Regarding the consumption figures, I'm not overly concerned, I'm driving how I want to drive and am simply delighted that I don't have to put any diesel in it!

That's the way to look at it alright.

I had 6 cylinder petrol bmws and I was always aware of the poor fuel consumption then when I got my Audi A6 diesel which was much more frugal it was nearly like fuel was free, up until recently of course then I was back spending the same as the big petrol engines!

I'm sure I will get a similar feeling now with electric free from the shackles of high fuel bills once again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Are they still offering fixed tariffs? I thought that was out the window now with the price of gas/oil going up all the time.

I believe Energia's fixed rates are until the 20th of September. I have to wait until the 19th to change because of the stupid cooling off period block. I'll be fuming if I miss a good night rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Ah ok. I switched from Energia to Electric Ireland a number of months back, and it's jumping up again in October for the second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Similar for us. EI would have doubled in rates from Feb to Oct. We broke our contract and moved to Energia last week.

We picked our Born up this afternoon. There was a quasar grey on 20s ready to be collected. Anyone here?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

• Advertisement

Anxiously waiting for my dealer to call saying it's ready but it will probably be Friday/Saturday knowing my luck :(

Advertisement