Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Huberman and a Few Others-The Late Late Show: Friday 9th September 2022

• 08-09-2022 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Assuming the Boy in the Bubble doesn't ditch half the guests for an all out special on the passing of HM the Queen (I wouldn't put it past him, he went to London yesterday and now he's an ardent Anglophile), the following is the line-up for tomorrow's televisual feast.

Hollywoke royalty, whatever about the real thing will definitely feature as Ireland's most famous man rushed over to London to take his place in line for a publicity slot conveyer belt-type interview thing with George Clooney and Julia Roberts over a Nespresso-first question being, what they think of Ireland, and second, does she regret her godawful accent in Michael Collins. (One of these will get asked, and one won't.) It's a mark of how far the show has fallen when he has to resort to the likes of this to get a name (or two) on the show (aside from Amy H, that is).

Look at them there, all having the craic.

"It's a star-studded affair on the Late Late Show this week as Ryan Tubridy chats to not one, but two Oscar winners as well as the latest Ultimate Hell Week recruits.

On Friday's show, Tubridy meets Academy Award winners George Clooney and Julia Roberts in London to talk about their new romantic comedy Ticket to Paradise and why they wanted to make another movie together."

Another puff piece for Amy.

Couldn't. Be. Arsed.

"Amy Huberman will be on the show to talk about her new children's book and her upcoming acting work."

I dunno about ye, but that Fleming lad irritates the life out of me. That said, he's the only one of the three I've heard of.

"TikTok star Tadhg Fleming, Mrs Brown's Boys actress Fiona O'Carroll and former Miss Ireland Pamela Uba will speak about why they wanted to face their fears in signing up to be part of this year's Ultimate Hell Week: The Professionals."

Also, ToyMan will be looking at some lego.

Music by one Megan O'Neill.

Obligatory Queen pic as he'll be sure to mention her. He met her you know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,085 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan: ‘Over there was were Bill Clinton stood in 1995…’

The Queen: ‘One does not give a fly’s sh1te about American politics.’

Prince Philip: ‘Shouldn’t you be presenting ‘Going For Gold’?’

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

More like-"That mast in the distance is where Castle Montrosia is located.

It's where I present the Toy Show."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

**** thats as grimm as a kick in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Fleming lad from the Kerry bat family, he looks like Olly Murs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Are we all looking forward to a ten minute sh1t show interview with Clooney and Roberts. That required two RTE staffers and Tubs to stay overnight in a five star hotel in Kensington. Very hard to justify when their are hourly flights from Dublin to London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Outstanding OP as usual from Pelvis Parsley....

It should be noted that One of our best contributors on these threads is a Welsh "subject" of the British Monarchy....thoughts and prayers are with you Welshman...you must be suffering greatly...

Rest assured, Westbrit Tubridy will soothe you with his healing sermon at the start of the show tonight.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Amy Hubermann.....failed actress/"comedian".....now trying desperately to stay relevant....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I assume DLB will be wearing his mourning suit for the night that's in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The RTE canteen reality show 'stars' have been shoved off...highlighting their utter meaninglessness....

• Advertisement

At the moment, it just feels ‘weird’ that she’s gone, having been so ubiquitous and the fact that people have joked for so long that she’ll be a goner soon, me included.

Even more strange is that we know have a ‘King’!

King Charles III: Electric Boogaloo.

His first address to the nation is at 6pm - he chose to wait till after ‘Pointless’ is finished, so I’m liking him already. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,487 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Good that they got MDH on the show at short notice.

I'm sure he will find the words for the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

the Brit accent will be up to maximum wattage…hope he brings the doggies😍

Evening all!

Oh brilliant,Russell Crowe in town to compensate those who missed out on Garrett Brukes tickets…and to give the audience a bollo**ing for their out of sync clapping 🙌

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Wishox

Hey Peeps ! man it feels good to be back moaning about TLL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Probably the only lowlight of their tour here......'and absolute charmless buffoon with all the personality of blancmange' needs to be said in a Royal accent

Looking forward to Miggledy’s poetry…

Elizabeth the Queenie,

She wasn’t no meanie,

Pink Panther Music by Henry Mancini.

• Advertisement

I get the feeling Ryan is bricking it having to encounter Russell Crowe,given how the last singsong went 😳😫🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

That's the most quaint, paisley, Irish tie I've ever seen. A reel relic, like himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,110 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Why does Tubs have to have a political story of the week every bloody week .

The guy is such a virtue signaller.

Gay never went in for this drama of the week nonsense.

Ye had breakfast..in the morning.. Radical stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not a bad line up at all. If he had spread the famous famous people out over more episodes it might have been better do. I think Ryan Tubridy and RTE might have blown there budget on this episode. I would not expect later episodes to be nearly as good unless Ryan is going all out for this season.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Michael D's accent. I never heard any Irish person speak so. Very affected and false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I know he is old but Higgins does not seem well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

too much sherry in the green room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭BullBauld

He's rambling a bit is poor Michael.

Advertisement