Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

Yeah that average is over the warmer months (the ID.3 seems to reset once it reaches 9999km) - definitely wouldn’t be that over winter. I’d say the heat pump will make a big difference. Hopefully the Tesla shows “lifetime” stats rather than resetting like the VW.

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My lifetime stats from my Fremont SR+ is 14.6kWh/100km over 65,000 km and 2.5 years….. so y’all should be doing far better than that in the current iteration of the RWD…

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

I was flooring it this evening and I still was doing 4 mile per kW

Like the new m3 will do absolute minimum 220 miles on a charge even in the winter and I reckon u could go close to 300 mile in good weather granny driving.

I literally don't have to worry about how I drive in the new m3. That's the beauty. 100% charging daily awswel. Get it into ye

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

My MIC RWD is showing 12.7kWh/100km over 10K km, but I don't believe it. Ok, not much motorways but not hanging around either..

• Advertisement

Yes, there are 4 "Stats". Present drive, since last charge and 2 resets. The resets can be named, I have the second one as Lifetime.

Brought my updated (2022.24.6) RWD for a drive tonight on a quiet dark road to see what the fuss is about. Lights went straight to full beam when I engaged auto pilot, but I could still manually dip the lights. And they seemed to stay on dipped until I manually went back to full beam. But you have to push the stalk away from you each time. (Cannot remember if this is normal, so long since I have driven on AP at night on a country road)

Post edited by eagerv on

Interesting

No one minds having to do that once and I don't believe bjorn tried that

I could live with that buy will need to test it myself as it seems contrary to other online reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Yep, I got the update early yesterday- on the way home from work last night decided to try AP out a couple of times to check the differences and it behaved exactly as you described, so was happy enough, all was well.

Although about 10 min into my 1st drive after the update earlier in the day while on autopilot an event occurred that I never encountered before - autopilot disengaged with a strange error on the screen and a loud alarm (with no warning beforehand), luckily the road was a long boring straight one and I was attentive, but I could see how if this happened on a bend it could be very dangerous even when holding the steering wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

My MIC is 14.3 after 11k kms. Mix of motorway and city driving and no conservative driving also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

There has been no update available on our car yet (MIC LR running 2022.20.8). What the posters above say sounds like how the auto high beams have worked in the past, just that now the auto setting can't be switched off. Wonder if the High Beam behaviour has been altered since Bjorn tested it?

Situation hence is not catastrophically bad, but bad enough. I hope that the future updates will make things better still. I continue to wait for the matrix update which I'm hopeful about will arrive sometime in the future. I don't actually know if it has been promised or even "officially" rumoured.

I have it now and will be heading down country later so will check it out and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Moreilly

The only real difference I found last night is it goes into high beam when ap is engaged at night, but normal dimming and back to high beam manually works fine, as for matrix functions....I think we will be waiting for that update, the can't even get auto high beams/dimming to work properly, currently it is absolutely rubbish

This will be my first winter with the car. Haven’t been impressed with the wipers also thus far. My last couple of cars auto wipers worked perfectly. I find I have to use the button to clean screen to get the screen clear of light rain

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bold wrap choice but it looks stunning 😎

Yea, the auto mode is not great. Also notice that sometimes the wipers stay on intermittent when windscreen dry, probably a few squashed bugs on the sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Visited service centre today. They’re gonna replace the piece of scratched trim. Seems a bit of overkill, but I think my Plan B of colouring it with a sharpie could have gone horribly wrong 😑

They can install the part at my workplace without me having to be present. Just need to wait for appointment date.

Stay Free

In fairness it’s a new car. I’d want it replaced too.

Ranger service is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Just a random question possibly related the AP / Tesla Vision question. Several people have mentioned LED matrix lights that are installed, but not enabled by Tesla by software yet.

I'l show my newby-ism and see myself out, but before that: What do these headlights look like / how can you tell which you have? (I'm 2021-Dec M3 SR+/LFP and haven't spent much time looking at the headlights 🙂)

Play the Light Show, if you see "Tesla" spelt out then they are Matrix😁.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bilasy

I don’t seem to be able to get Netflix working, I sign in no problem, once I try to play it signs me out and asks to sign in again any thought?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

No, i've stayed white for the moment. If i'm wrapping, i'm going Crayon (Porsche Colour)

So as others have said auto lights come on with AP but can be turned off with push of the stalk or display screen easily enough. Interestingly you can’t turn off the auto wipers though!

I like the change in blind spot camera much better positioning. Also a bugbear of mine has been resolved with the improved traffic display on maps.

Trip up the m1 in the dark this evening. Observations:

Autosteer unusable as it activates auto high beam. Yes u can knock it off but shortly after every time auto high beam comes back on

You can use adaptive cruise without auto high beam which is great. However I had 2 bad phantom breaks which really knocked my confidence. 2 cars nearly rear ended me and were well pissed off. Seemed ro be when someone cut in behind me of all times to do it. So I didn't use that even the rest of the journey

Another thing I noted that I was flashed a few times on normal roads with my headlights off as oncoming traffic seemed to think I had my headlights on.

Right so maybe a noob question but I'll ask anyway.

I did a good journey today and took stats after a full charge when I had depleted to 33% battery remaining.

Total energy used was showing as 34kwh.

By my maths that would give a usable battery of 51kw. Am I missing something? I thought usable battery would be about 57.5.

Or will it calibrate better over time and the more I charge to 100%?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I was on the M2 an hour ago. I found the high beams worked well on autopilot. It was a little slow to dip on a couple of occasions, but I was satisfied with it. Needs a bit more testing to give a proper review/opinion.

Stay Free

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That energy used is only energy that’s consumed while the car is moving….. so if your stopped for 2 minutes or 2 hours, it won’t be recording that consumption!!!

bit odd, yes it is, but that’s just the way it is!!

Thanks! Plus I had sentry mode on too so maybe that affects it a bit aswel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Sentry mode uses a lot of energy, can be 10%overnight for me~ 5kwh.

Advertisement