Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

A big bug bear of mine is when I am out with my kids trying to cross the road and cars stop to wave you across.

I realise that people are trying to be nice but I would rather predictability from drivers than politeness.

I am trying to teach my kids to wait until the road is clear before crossing so running in front of your Qasqai is not the way to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Regular office emails looking for contributions because someone is leaving, has a significant birthday, has a baby etc etc. Had a recent collection for someone leaving the department and moving to another department on the next floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I got a new mascara the other week. It's amazing, but the bristles are rubber rather than fibre and god help you if you poke yourself in the eye with the brush. The pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Ouch! keep an eye if possible on that "zit", might be an ingrown hair and may turn into an boil or abscess. Pampas grass scratches rank high for itchiness up there with brambles and haven't found anything that is any good for easing the discomfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

This really annoys me too. Especially with the toddler as you're then trotting them across the road.

If I see a car indicating I usually stand back about 6 feet and start fiddling with their jackets or something so no eye contact made.

Then do the "safe cross code"

• Advertisement

Is the itchiness associated with pampas grass not due to something else????? 😉 😉 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My blue bin wasn’t collected today and it’s panged to the top. So a week of ringing the local council to arrange a pickup. It’s completely their fault. I hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

There is that but they also cause little cuts like paper cuts. Bloody horrible stuff.

Update. I tried calling them , no answer. Then I hid my caller ID and lo and behold answered on the 1st ring. Someone F-ed up but it wasn’t me , for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Every week, the canteen sends out a menu for the week, and fish has been on it every Friday for ages. I don't go to the canteen often but for the last 3 weeks, I've gone there for my fish and chips, and there's no fish to be found! I understand that sometimes the goods aren't available on the morning they're needed (which is the usual excuse), but not being able to get fish in Ireland (an island) for 3 Fridays in a row is ridiculous.

Boo-urns!!

• Advertisement

I know. I use a stick to walk (slowly) across the road . But because cars on the right stop it doesn't mean the left will. I much prefer lights were I know all traffic will stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I must say if I ever stop to let kids across I make absolutely sure there in no car coming the other way . Anyone who doesnt is very negligent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When you pull into the one available petrol pump convenient to the side the cap is on, and the trigger on the hose keeps clicking off mid-flow. Results in a trickle as the gauge slowly ticks up to your desired amount. Hurts the hand too as you try to keep it 'locked in'.

Happened to me earlier and it was so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Visited the dental hygienist this morning….

a new guy… he spent half the appointment treating / cleaning and half of it discussing good dietary habits that enable good oral hygiene and tooth health.

I’m convinced in the aftermath of said consultation that I’m to drink nothing but water and eat only fruit and vegetables…

I ask was there an issue with my teeth or gums… “ nope, you clean and floss well, I can see this “

well spare me the lecture so and just clean my teeth… I’ve been imparted with information by his predecessor both verbally and written regarding oral hygiene after treatments so a 15 minute chat / interrogation when there wasn’t even a problem seems like an odd situation…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That is not the point. I want them to cross when the road is clear. Not when there is a car metres away with its engine running. Trying to keep it simple that they cross when clear and wait when not clear

A funny one earlier… a homeware / builders providers shop in Baldoyle industrial estate that mainly deals with trade, builders, interior decorators etc but is open to and sells to the public ..Arrived today at 1.25pm… ‘closed for lunch’ 1-2pm

It’s a huge retail unit, over two levels… thousands of square feet… yet ourselves, and three other potential clients, sitting in vehicles, waiting…another turns up but turns around and leaves…

what got me was going by the size of the place, there had to be a significant staff presence so why not stagger lunches… ?

‘closed for lunch’..is it 1986 again or something ?

They also only open a couple of hours on a Saturday and close Sundays.

Maybe they just haven't sold out to the $.

Or just keep their hours in line with commercial trades people.

I didn’t solve today’s Wordle 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I went to the barbers this morning for a quick haircut before work. It went on longer than I expected.

At the end of the haircut I realised I sent a link to a newspaper article to my old work manager via text.

I then had to semi sprint up the town to open work and I got there at 10:00 on the dot and there was a sales rep waiting for me at the door.

Probably wondering why I wasn't in the shop earlier.

Also, I don't really like my haircut!

That's exactly it. They will take non tradesmen but the trades are their primary customer.

• Advertisement

Automated Checkouts in Tesco are now always shyte experience. All the card only machines were out of order. And the remaining ones are faulty too. But its more revenue for Tesco to keep them like that.

There's a chance that I may have finally succumbed to Covid. At 10.30 last night, I started getting aches in my arms and chest, followed by shivering and sweating. The weird thing was that it came on as if by the turning of a switch.

The other possibility is that I'm severely dehydrated, with low blood pressure (as opposed to my usual high-ish blood pressure). When I went to bed, I drank loads of fluids but every hour or two would wake up extremely parched, and still achy.

I'm staying home alone for the weekend so I probably won't take a Covid test until tomorrow, to give it a chance to present itself.

In spite of my lack of well-being, I did Wordle after midnight last night. After my first guess, I got 2 in the right position and none in the wrong position. After the second guess, I had 4 in the right position but not the final one. At my third guess, I again had 4 in the correct position but not the final one. But there was no other word that would fit. 🤨

Then I realised that my 4 correct ones were actually 4 in the wrong position. 🙄 (In my delirium, my sense of colour had deserted me.) I solved it on my fourth guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you accidentally overshare with somebody.

It's like my brain switched off and my mouth just opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Talking to a chef during the week and he said the same thing, impossible to get fresh enough fish to cook with (he's on the coast) he's ok with frozen fish but his manager refuses to compromise the restaurants reputation by using it.

Ta, all this talk of fish makes me want a bag of Kings but Ive over done carbs this week and not allowed them.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Headed home for a few days in a couple of weeks, arriving midday and have a mandatory decompress session at 4.30(god knows how long that will last) in an area slightly outside the city. Headed to midlands hq for a few days after.

A friend who still lives there has asked to meet (between this and that we haven't managed to meet for ages) so I told her the schedule and let her pick as her job is more structured than mine is.

Am she says that she could meet in town on the first day of my trip. Soooo I'll be tired from the trip there and the sleap to the session and now back into town(on a bus in city traffic) to listen to her give out about ppl I've never met.

Ta ppl who give out about how ppl constantly don't behave the way she want but don't apply the same logic to their own thinking.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,801 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

They are probably open around 7 in the morning to suit the lads heading to a job or site. Those hours suit the trade lads

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's what I felt when I caught swine flu. I was absolutely fine, starting to prepare stuff in advance as I had invited people for lunch the next day. Then, the switch you mentioned clicked. Suddenly. Boom. No energy, dizziness, high fever, aches and pains all over, cough. I could barely stay standing. 4 weeks of it and a cough that lasted 6 months +. That was in 2010. I'm still hoarse. Hope your bug (whatever it may be) is only a 24 hours thing, max.

I don’t think not closing at lunch is selling out to $… I don’t quite get that rationale… seeing as 99.99% of businesses that provide a retail service to trade or the public remain open, can provide staff with required breaks and still remain open.

just checking other businesses to give my trade to, one nearer I didn’t know about, remaining open for lunch….. 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Clingy “dates” who get ahead of themselves and immediately want to plan next steps while you just want them to leave. I’m old and need my rest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement