Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I sell my concert tickets

Options
  • 10-09-2022 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Hi All any help with this I'd really appreciate it.

I'm trying to sell 2 tickets for an up coming concert.

unfortunately they are mobile tickets with the only option is to transfer to another ticket master account.

The problem I'm having is

when i try and put them on Facebook market place donedeal they keep getting taken down, and I'm told i can't sell concert tickets here. I'm selling them for face value.

Is it something I'm doing wrong can anyone tell me if there is any other option to sell them.

Tks

Comments

toutless?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Adverts

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Adverts to block tickets sales to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Toutless is your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

What tickets are they. Garth are not permitted at present. Most other tickets are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Very few. Only picnic, garth, and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Word of mouth among your friends perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thats the problem with the flawed legislation that was introduced last year.

Alot of sites wont allow people to list tickets for face value and below so its actually working against people genuinely trying to resell unwanted tickets and also people looking for bargain tickets last minute.

Then you have Ticketmaster disabling transfer and selling their dynamic pricing tickets , its all a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

ticketswap.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

twickets

• Advertisement

I had two tickets for Bob Dylan in the Point in November which I can no longer attend.

I usually sell stuff on Toutless. I put them up on Ticketmaster resale last night and was surprised to see they were snapped up within the hour.

The Ticketmaster email says you I will get the money "no later than 10 to 12 days after the event takes place".

This seems really late, anybody have any more experience of this?

Ha, yeah, I got tickets for the missus to Dermo Kennedy (no judgement, please😉) in Fairview when they first went on sale in 2019. Realised she couldn't go, put them up for resale, snapped up in a jiffy. They informed me that they had been sold, same as yourself, told me I'd get the dosh 10-12 days after the gig. That gig finally took place in June this year. True to their word, I got paid 10 days after. Which means the absolute cowboys held on to TWO full payments for those tickets for 3 years. 3 years!!! Despite a couple of irate phone calls from myself. Absolutely beyond belief.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Absolute pirates. That's mental. Hope you enjoyed the cash when you finally got it.

Like it's € 157 so it's not the end of the world for me but it's cash I would rather have in the claw.

It will be back Toutless in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I sold two tickets for the Olympia via TM recently. I had them up on Adverts and Toutless too, but TM sold them first, possibly because they were good seats in the stalls.

Payment came through in four or five days.

Just got another email from Ticketmaster saying my payment has been sent and I should have it in 5 working days so we shall see.

Funds received today, shocking scenes.

I still refuse to retract the litany of abuse I have given Ticketbastard over the years.

Now reinvest the proceeds in Lankum tickets.

Woo hoo! They're still the bad guys. Boo! Hiss!

Advertisement