Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Absolutely gutted, was to be my young lads first game and my first in few years.

Got nothing on the ballot, so shelled out to travel via a sports travel agent, being a weekend fixture was the appeal.

Non refundable unfortunately, they will only change the booking to the new date which will be midweek no doubt as all rescheduled fixtures are. And this won't be suitable for us.

Absolutely gutted, it's bloody typical.

Chelsea game probably a doubt too if the funeral is on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Make an exception and do it midweek anyway. It's one day out of school for a special occasion.

Make it work. You won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

We need the break to hopefully sort a few things out, plus get a few more back to give us more options in midfield and defence. If nothing else, it's a game less to play while we're in poor form. Would hope that whenever it's rescheduled we'll be in better form

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Twitter tells me the next available date to play any deferred matches is January 17/18, 2023

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its ****, but try make the reschedule work, get the day off, take him out of school. It'll probably be under the lights and the atmosphere of a night game beats the pants off a day one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Really sorry for you and you son - that's awful luck. If you can't make the new date work and have any trouble getting a refund, I would be happy to buy the tickets from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If the funeral is a Sunday most likely Chelsea V Liverpool will be off as London will be shut down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Dunno why people were trying to squeeze them in before the World Cup the season is over next May, there will be dates left free for cup replays so they can play them then if not needed for replays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Saw this yesterday.....Keita Injuries:

1 August 2022 - Muscle Injury - 33 days*

21 March 2022 - Knee Problems - 13 days 

31 October 2021 - Hamstring - 35 days 

20 December 2020 - Ankle Injury - 60 days 

Dec 10, 2020 - Ligament Injury - 5 days 

Nov 23, 2020 - Hamstring Injury - 12 days 

Mar 1, 2020 - Groin Injury - 5 days 

Feb 26, 2020 - Angina - 6 days 

Jan 2, 2020 - Groin Strain - 23 days 

Sep 22, 2019 - Torn Muscle - 6 days 

Aug 10, 2019 - Torn Muscle - 45 days 

May 1, 2019 - Groin Injury - 51 days 

Mar 12, 2019 - Knock - 18 days 

Oct 16, 2018 - Muscle Problem - 20 days 

May 14, 2018 - Knock - 48 days 

Apr 16, 2018 - Back Trouble - 3 days 

Mar 19, 2018 - Bruise - 10 days 

Feb 19, 2018 - Thigh Muscle Strain - 10 days 

Dec 22, 2016 - Hamstring - 21 days 

Aug 22, 2016 - Metatarsal bone bruise - 10 days 

Apr 25, 2016 - Thigh Muscle Strain - 10 days 

Aug 20, 2015 - Adductor problems - 11

An astounding flop. No two ways about it. Surprised he's lasted this long at the club tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be honest I'll take the break there will be no league game now till after the international break so that with a bit of luck should have the most of the squad back to full fitness and maybe even Ox & Naby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, it's a daft decision, but it's bloody brilliant for Liverpool! This is the biggest period without a game the squad will have together all season! Hopefully between players recovering from injuries and knocks, and getting to train together tactically, it might work as a bit of a reset button for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The game against Chelsea will be pulled due to police issues in London .,

That'll mean nearly a monthly between the Everton game & our next league one,

This season is a joke

This gap could even end up being the difference between our season devolving into something like the one before last, and being salvaged into something decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Good woman Liz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

This could be possibly the best thing to happen Liverpool at this point and you still manage to moan about it

• Advertisement

Just seeing Naby has been called up for the international break.

Honestly if he goes while injured and plays even a handful of minutes he should never play for Liverpool again and I'm saying that as a fan of Naby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

May I ask why you are a fan of Naby? Not a confrontational post, just I find it difficult to understand those that defend him/his record for Liverpool after all these years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I think he’s been mostly good when he’s played and sometimes very good. But his injury record is atrocious and it’s time to cut loose. He can never be relied upon.

Have you actually watched Naby play football?

He is a fantastic baller and has everything to be world class expect a body that will hold up to the physicality of top level football.

As footballer I don't understand how anyone cannot like watching Naby play football it is a thing of beauty to watch him play.

I think fans that do not like him only dislike becuase if his injures and their dislike of him has nothing to do with his footballing ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Of course I've watched him and mostly he's been quite average with a few moments of brilliance thrown in here and there, typically against weaker opposition. He's had a handful of decent games against bigger clubs but generally he's been over run and looks completely out of his depth. That's leaving aside his injury record. Looking forward to seeing the back of him.

Naby’s someone we really miss under the circumstances, one of our best pressers. He’s had some bad games, but usually when asked to be more defensive around our box. When he’s allowed to stay around midfield and keep pressing (with a proper DM behind him), he brings so much. We really miss that energy in the middle right now, and his thing of winning the ball back in really dangerous areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Looks like the Queen's funeral is confirmed for Monday week so don't see any reason why next weekend's fixtures would be canceled - it was madness and unnecessary to cancel this weekend's ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

If they're shipping cops in from all over the country to police the funeral, there will likely be more cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

And his ability to go missing. His performances against barca and real away were very poor. That combined with his frailty means he's one of the biggest Klopp area disappointments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

London will be locked down next Sunday you'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

It'll teach your young lad a valuable lesson about supporting Liverpool, it's 95% disappointment!!

Bobby, Ali & Fab called up to the Brazil squad for the international break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Remember this type of pressing?

A world away from the Anguissa goal on Weds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Naby a fantastic baller(puke), a thing of beauty to watch???

I must have been in a coma the last few years, bar the occasional good game or two , he has been very average. That's before you factor in the injuries and the hype that he came with it, all in all an unbelievable flop of a signing. One of the few that we have made in fairness when decent money was involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Naby is extremely average, who's best football is always played when we are steamrolling opposition...Everytime we came up against a team who tried to steal a march on us in the middle, and we needed someone to step up and grab control back he completely disappeared!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

A fit and up-to-speed Naby is an incredibly useful tool to have in the team, and I'd love to have him as an option.

Injury for the most part has prevented that, but could the player's mindset be implicated too? A touch of the Sturridge 'i have to be 100% fit before i play' mentality? I dunno.

I'd still have put Thiago, Fab, peak Gini (when we had him) and peak Hendo ahead of him in the biggest of games, but fit Naby offered something different that was useful to break lines and get in against belligerent defences.

That said, he simply hasn't lived up to his performances in the bundesliga, and perhaps he shone brighter at that slightly lower level. We've only seen patchy spells of great play from him, and that's regrettably not enough.

Also if the rumours of his agent (who's a proxy for the player) angling for a move are true then that leaves a sour taste. Negotiate behind the scenes and drive a hard bargain by all means, but do that in private.

I would say Naby is the complete opposite to Daniel who never wanted to play unless he was 100% and his mind was totally in the right place to play.

Naby just wants to play the whole time and probably plays when he shouldn't and that is another reason his body breaks down so often.

However I think it is save to say both have never lived up to their full potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

im not so sure, i mean two of his injuries above are for bruises, and he missed 10 days each time. Thats shocking tbh.

Sorry there doctor!

I’ve had long layoffs for bone bruises in my knee and ankle. There’s really no point in trying to look at a one or two word injury summery to decide if it’s justified. It’s just not enough information for an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭WillmaDickfit

"this season is a joke"

1st week in September, get away ya WUM

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

I’ve had plenty myself. But when you add those “bruises” together with Naby’s other injuries at what stage does it switch from the players bad luck to just being too soft or even that he just doesn't care that much.

If there was some indication that this was the case from the staff or manager, fair enough, but there never has been. Whenever he's recovered from injury he's always straight back on the bench or into the starting 11, without any hint that he's causing a problem. We've heard nothing but positive things from the manager about him over the years (as opposed to some of Klopp's comments about Sturridge for instance).

I just don't see the point in vilifying someone because of their injury record alone. It's frustrating, of course, but some players just develop physical problems that spiral. He's far from the first or last we'll see with these problems. Now, I totally understand criticism about the recent agent stuff, but that's a different thing entirely. When it comes to injuries, I'd be more inclined to feel sorry for the fella than to start inventing character issues that there's no evidence for outside of some external fans own head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

One of the worst things about no games is reading some of the horsesh1t posted here.

Lads need to get out and go for a walk or something, it's a nice day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sturridge had a season or two of pulling up trees tbf.

Keita hasn't had anything like that impact.

Whatever about how genuine his injuries were, he's just not able for it.

Very nice player when fit but as a transfer he has been a disaster.

It's turned out a bad transfer alright, but it's hard to blame anyone for it at least. With some of our other sick notes like Thiago, Ox, and Aqualani, we were aware of issues before they joined - but Keita had a clean bill of health when he joined. It's just been an unfortunate one that he's broken down as he's gotten into his mid-20s (last season aside, when his on-pitch time was really well managed), but it's still the type of signing we should be looking to make in the future.

• Advertisement

Uk Government/Met Police have issued statement saying they have the resources for games to proceed as normal next weekend.

Really looks like a monumentally stupid decision to cancel this weekends games, other sports have gone ahead today.

There's rumor that the Prem decided to pull hem as they thought in numerous grounds minute silence may not have bee respected and it would cause great embarrassment

I mean in terms that there could be nearly a 1 month break from our last Prem game at Everton untill our next one, If we don't play Chelsea in London next Sunday our next game will be after the international break, Add that with the month off for the world cup it's a bit of a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

On those games you mention, was he the only one that was poor on the night? We did pull something back once he was off the field?

What do you mean weaker teams and bigger clubs? Because Arsenal of the last 4 years may have been a bigger club but they were no weaker team than Leicester. So do you include or exclude those matches when looking how good a player is? Realistically we only had 2 rivals on par with us the last few years in the league so most of our matches were against weaker opposition.

I think those that see what they want to see with Keita will stand by their preconceived idea. The same way some supporters hounded Lucas Leiva for most of his career here. I will say we are missing a press in the midfield at the moment, and as good as Harvey Elliott is on the ball for a 19-year old, he does not seem to give you the press we need right now.

There is a reason why Wijnaldum fit into our midfield like a glove and its not his expansive passing or dribbling runs. The same for Milner from a few years ago. You could see the difference Thiago coming on made when he was pressing against Napoli. We are missing this for the moment. Even Ox provided this for us before his injury. There is more to a footballer at our club when we are playing well than playing the ball forward and creating chances. It is also about hounding the opposition off the field. At the moment we have a dearth of players in the midfield able to do this as we have 4 of them injured at the same time, Thiago just coming back, and Milner seemed to have had age catch up to him. Henderson seems like he may have lost a step as well to be honest.

We also have another problem. Salah has been a shadow of himself since the AFCON last year. This was even before his new contract, you could see a drop in his performances. We have gone and given 2 players big contracts and so far this year they are not rewarding us at all and in both cases the players age was a factor but the prevailing feeling was we needed to sign them at all costs. Henderson and Salah both look old at the moment and this is a problem.

In saying that they could turn it around, form is temporary and class is permanent. I hope I am wrong in my pessimism around those 2 but this is as worrying and as big of a problem for our squad than not signing another midfielder during the summer. I hope the coaching staff is working to fix the problem we have at the moment. I am not going to pretend to be knowledgeable enough to know the answer, even if I think I know why we are in trouble at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Xander10

Hearing the team a lot. Being said about the Liverpool and Celtic supporters in particular.

Hopefully, there will be respect for any minutes silence next game to put it back to the media.

• Advertisement
Advertisement