Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Being heavily dumped on by folk who really should know better and who so easily forget if they ever knew, or cared, that I am nearly 80, chronically ill and in constant pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭apache

Just going through the motions. Like I laugh in the right places but I don't find it funny. Groundhog day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nothing

Right there with you

Feeling ... crap? Drained etc. So have closed down all official email sources as there are ongoing issues here. Need a break.

They can wait until Monday. They have secretaries etc! I don't ..

Feels very good to have taken control.

Good on you Graces7!

• Advertisement

Thanks! I suspect I am not the only one here who has been ground down trying to keep up with the demands of ignorant officialdom.

Definitely not. It feels like a battle at times to get a straight answer from some places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Back on coffee just to stay awake, not good on the nerves though :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Snap, extra work on so i really have to, hoping it just frays the edges

2 bouts of bad depression this year, so for the second time I'm having to deal with not minding the place. Tonight I've bagged up 16 black bags. 5 are gone out, still 11 in the hall. Dreading the impending inspection, even though they said it'll be very informal, that niggle says they'll kick me out (they 100% won't).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Managed to give myself a panic attack late Thursday night, Friday morning. Hit me so hard I slept 24 hours-possibly longer. Genuinely haven't had one that bad for a long time. Left me feeling shaken and drained. Was drenched in sweat. Lasted about 90 minutes.

I took a glass of whiskey, before I was planning to go to bed, and I think that might have set it off. I'm usually more measured with any alcohol, especially since having Covid. So this one hit outta nowhere. Alcohol hasn't set one of these off either, but then again circumstances can be weird too.

Have to look into getting a new counsellor too. My one's going off on maternity leave.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bloody hell what an experience you had. That's 90 minutes of proper hell, i feel for you. I hope your counsellor has someone in mind for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Honestly I had to put back the appointment so much, due to circumstances beyond my control (bloody weather usually-bad weather messes up my internet). When I looked into rescheduling again, I realised maternity leave would be coming up, so instead I'm just gonna look into a new counsellor myself. I'm still using the online service just because it's easier for me. I don't drive, and arranging transport can be a nightmare.

My sleep has been erratic, lately. An extended family member had to go into hospital (woke up with breathing problems in the early hours, had to go to hospital. Thankfully, it was a chest infection brought on by exposure to a weedkiller/ spray that they were allergic to. I say 'thankfully' because it could have been so much worse. They're recovering, put on antibiotics to clear the infection. Getting better everyday.) And the last week or so has been all over the place. (Where I live, there's been lots of machines and heavy vehicles moving around the place. Construction and road works, amongst other things).

Ah i see, it isn't a relationship of weekly appointments so not as potentially disruptive to see someone different, that's a plus anyway.. Glad to hear family member is recovering too. Anything messing with sleep really messes up your rhythm so hopefully they finish up soon..

I've had this as a background image for some time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Am around for the night if ya need company. That thing i posted has been my wallpaper since i don't know when.. Always there in the background on my computer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Exhausted today. Can barely think.

Post edited by Graces7 on

• Advertisement

Can feel a pending spiral pecking at the back of my mind, after a meeting today with someone who can give some practical help with my living situation, and the straightforward way I was told it could be 8 to 10 years before my transfer comes through. It's been 3 years already. Had a frank discussion about how badly the county council's housing dept is run (as I'm sure Is the case with many of them). I didn't have a particular time frame in mind, but another 10 years is heartbreaking.

That is truly appalling. I was very very lucky as I needed a home away from a bad rental situation and the council had an unused place on a small island where no-one wanted to live. Very small and simple but private and enough for me.

The autumn slump is upon me and this year I am so forgetful and vague and keep saying and writing things wrong... HInernation time before I get into serious troubele with folk misunderstanding posts. scuse typos please

Hoping to be in quieter waters soon.. and yes, deeply involved in my English heritage

some very very bad news came and just ...

Post edited by Graces7 on

Hope you can manage @Graces7 whatever it is

Not really up to me this time... That is the most difficult scenario,, "This too shall pass"

And thank you

Wondering how many here go downhill as soon as the days shorten? ie SAD.. I suffered from this years before my M.E was diagnosed but it still always catches me out.

It is not the shortness of the light but the quality and intensity of the light the LUX they call it.

Been going downhill, overreacting etc several days now and this morning I had a long and difficult phone call to the bank involving concentration and a lot of figures etc. And I am in bits.. Shaking and in tears.

Then I remembered the time of year.. Everything gets intensified and exacerbated by the S A D,

Reading posts here had me wondering if this is so with others? It seems to affect those suffering some other illnesses. They now know about it with M.E

Worth looking it up?

Just knowing the why does not help with the condition but it helps with other aspects.

A gp mentioned it to me many years ago, but it doesn't seem to be something that effects me (not sure if that's good or bad) but he did recommend light therapy (I never looked into it) and taking a holiday (must have thought I was made of money). I've seen so-called daylight bulbs, which are exactly what you think, mainly for use in art, not sure if they'd be of any use @Graces7

• Advertisement

Thank you. I tried the light therapy bulbs but the M.E carries light sensitivity. Never mentioned it to a dr as even getting any positive reaction to the M.E... mission impossible....It is awareness that matters, which is true of all illnesses. Wondering now how I AGAIN was not alert. I suppose that shows I am not imagining it! it is a relief now as I was getting concerned re my mental state. ,,My life is very limited with the M.E but also I am nearly 80 so ...But the SAD seems to latch on to other conditions which I why I raised it here in case it is an added dimension,, and for some light therapy DOES work miracles. There have been times I slept up to 19 hours a day.. So RIP Van WINKLE is me.. Before I knew what it was I was on various psych meds

Advertisement