Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

no .

it is only those 2 things that constitute the "proven" "lies" really.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

The little Englanders on Twitter need help. So unhinged. "I hate her so much" - good Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

woa, who let them all out here?? Megains PR agency seems so..🤩

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Yes, inconceivable that people have a different opinion and just don’t understand the extreme hostility against one person that nobody has ever met. It must be a PR stint.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭FoxForce5

Kate was picked by the Mountbatten's , any one who thinks she was some random commoner is fooling themselves. She was neither random nor common. The irony is the Mountbatten name is now only carried by Harry's children who are outside the tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

aaahaha, my best friend is back..my private stalker...why I'm not surprised🤩🤩🤑

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Anyyyway, the PR machine played a blinder yesterday. The invite to the public walkabout caught them off guard, and that was very apparent in their demeanour. Meghan is going to look hypocritical when her next instalment of ‘how mean my husband’s family were to me’ comes out. I wonder if Spotify will agree to have all of those bits edited out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The walk about seemed wee bit awkward.

I have a feeling William and Harry are mending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

People can't understand why Meghan is disliked? Read the recent article in The Cut as an insight. The sheer narcissism and self regard leaps off it. There is a seperate thread about Andrew and that whataboutery always crops up. Just because it isn't (rightly) called out on the H & M thread does not imply bias. And it's selective bias to think dislike or hatred applies to just Meghan on the internet. It applies to all of them so long as you're willing to look for it e.g. go to Celebitchy and read some threads about the new Princess of Wales. You'll find similar nooks of bile about all of them.

If she did reconcile with Kate et al, it would put her into a predicament- what exactly would she talk about or more like “allude to”, in her podcasts- she’d have even less to say and bitch about than she does right now and even less people would be interested.

What keeps her in the newspapers is this falling out she’s had with her father and the royal family-if that’s resolved, no one will be interested in what she thinks about strong women or success of the ozone layer

• Advertisement

H&M need to just get on with their lives and leave the RF to get along with their service and duty. In other words, quit the petulant childish attention seeking substance-less tell-taling and get a fooking grip!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Isn’t a walk about just them shaking peoples hands ? I’d say the body language crowd must have been beside themselves when the four were back on camera together. Why do you say they are mending from what happened yesterday ? I think it just requires them to talk because they seek to have always close and that was strengthened after their mother’s death, and that doesn’t just disappear over a couple of years.

I have a feeling they are mending. Communicating, patching things up. I never said from yesterday, alone.

Yesterday was some sort of inkling, alright. Both physically in each other’s company, and on duty, so to speak. I’m sure they had words before, during and after.

Yes, they have always been close, but I think it’s fair to say that their relationship has definitely suffered due to H&Ms recent tirades and accusations and very public attacks against the RF

I agree that she didn’t fit in because she didn’t want to adhere to their rules and code. I don’t see the orchestrated and dictated lives the family need to live as heathy or even remotely enjoyable though.

Yes, but that’s because me and you are free Joe soaps that live in the “normal/free world.”

They live a life that only they know. A life of service and rigidity and conformance.

Extremely functional, albeit in a different way altogether. To them it is their way and their life. And they accept it and work it and live it.

Anyway, it is quite clear that Markle was completely unsuited for such a role, and rather than just go, she decided to go and throw grenades as she was leaving. That is why people have their negative views on her, and even more so on Harry, as he, being a member of the RF joined in and bolstered her.

Post edited by walshb on

Okay I didn’t see what happened yesterday so assumed there was something significant yesterday.

No, nothing really to see. Just the fact they did it, were ok to do it (after all that has happened recently) is a little telling. I think it’s reasonable to deduce that the brothers could be in talks more regularly, and may be mending their fractured relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Or...

A trusted source, no doubt!!!!

Very unlikely this happened. This event is under the complete control of the state.

daily mail has an article on it. Reads far more genuine and plausible.

And imo I think prince harry didn’t explain the realities of royal life.

• Advertisement

Probably not his job. All royal etiquette and functions and behaviours/expectations would be set out by persons employed to do so. Yes, he can advise etc, but Markle would have been well-briefed. Like I said, she clearly had not got the character/traits to fit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I can understand disliking her, absolutely. I cannot fathom where all this vitriol and hostility comes from. I sometimes joke to my friends about a person or two being my sworn mortal enemy, but I'd never go online and say that. I'd never pick apart every single action and word they say. It's absolutely baffling.

As for the narcissism, the double standards are hilarious. The Queen and now Charles believe in the divine right of kings and that's why they are the leader of a Christian sect. Honestly, to be a member of the Royal Family, you have to have a level of narcissism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

It is weird that you can't see her hypocrisy. She says one thing and does the other. If someone preaches about COMPASSION all the time and do the most cruel things to others (so many people have been cancelled by racist lebel, even her closest friend in Canada, so she knew well what she was doing) is simply scrutinised much more severe. She provokes it. Notice that this "vitriol" started after Ophrah interview.

She was completely indifferent to me, but she offended my intelligence in it, so I started disliking her. And I have full right to feel that way.

"She provokes it" - wow. Nice victim blaming. Sure she doesn't do herself any favours, so she should remain quiet?

I am all about the hypocrisy. I think many of the other members of the Royal Family have engaged in much worse behaviour but do not get this level of hatred, hell they are celebrated. I saw Jess Philips tweet gushing about Camilla's work on being a "champion in the fight against men's violence against women" but all the bullying of Diana when she was alive, forgotten. I'm not saying people can't change, but it's the heroism of this. There's a telegraph article on how Camilla might be the "ultimate feminist" - couldn't make it up.

I think they are all rotten, but not all treated the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

It's just a rumour currently but I think Meghan and Harry have been inclined to do what they want when they want.

Victim blaming? If someone is a victim, just should go to a court and get a justice. And Meghan is not shy of courts. But in courts, you have to prove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Meghan and Harry are a delightful couple and it is clear to see they are devoted to each other and that they truly loved Harry’s grannie and will miss her.

Their grief was evident yesterday as they walked to and greeted and comforted the members of the great British public that came out in their thousands to sympathize with Harry and Meghan.

i think it was unfair of Kate and William to steal their thunder and also do their walkaround at the same time.

In our hearts of hearts we love Harry and Meghan dearly and I think they also love us, their republican subjects, here in Éire.

• Advertisement

Not everything is actionable and if it is, not everyone is comfortable going to court.

Diana was a victim of her husband's infidelity, did she go to court, no.

Advertisement