Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will you vote in the next election?

• 11-09-2022 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Interested to see...

Post edited by Seth Brundle on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Galway West

1. Catherine Connolly (IND)

2. Niall O'Tuaithail (SD)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,713 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You start. It's your thread.

A list of candidates would be a help too, if you can manage it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Which ever candidate and / or party that has the soundest plans for the economy overall per my preferences... I'm not married to any specific party or candidate per say and review and evaluate at every election (based on history and future plans).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭893bet

Not a green.

Not a Sinn Fein.

doesn’t leave a lot. I feel an independent vote is almost like spoiling a vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,712 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

left top of the list, ffg as far down as possible, probably greens, labour, pbp, sf, ind, ffg..... or something like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Not SF

SD if they have a candidate or maybe Greens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,272 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Hardly. Independent TDs can get highly disproportionate advantage for their constituencies, if the numbers require a Government to court their vote.

Of course there is the risk they won't be needed at all. But the risk is no less than your first preference ending up in the main opposition Party.

I shall be voting FG, then probably Labour and SD, im some order, followed by FF or independents, if their manifestos meet my priorities of maintaining steady economic progress and a fair social contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

Aontu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

At a 50th birthday party this weekend, most of the people there in their 40s and 50s and have done well in life.

FG and FF are in big trouble and it's all down to housing.

• Advertisement

it ll be interesting to see how this middle ground will vote, as i suspect many of their off spring aint doing too well...

ffg are in serious trouble, their fundamental beliefs and ideologies are starting to collapse, and theyre unwilling to admit it....

Anyone atal but the government,I can't abide no personal responsibility and the outright lies being told to the public

Looks between disrespectful to outright contempt for the electorate,I doubt anything can be worse than this mess has been over last few years

It hasn't been a mess. It's been very challenging, with a series of generational global crises condensed into a few short years. 99% of people in this Country are in good shape. And more importantly, so is their employment.

The choice will be, the divil you know, or the divil with the private army and the shadow ruling Council.

I've already made my choice.

sadly some do actually believe this, but reality is telling a far different story, thankfully this is starting to show at ballot boxes around the world, but some are tending towards the extremes in expressing their anger and sheer frustration at such beliefs....

I think they just stumble from crisis to farce tbh....

if you middle management out of any factory in the town,and installed em in as cabinet with access to the endless resources and advisors this government has....

I don't think for one second,they would come and tell you patronising nonsense such as:

'open fridge for shorter periods' in an energy crisis that has grown out of control under em....it was flagged 12 months ago people were struggling with bills,and nothing substantial was done,

we stumbled into a crisis,not of the government making,but one that is magnitudes worse than it should be

our governments have been warned for years about the serious lack of investment occurring in our energy systems and networks, it was chosen to largely ignore this advice, id call that a monumental governmental failure....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Not FF or FG

Our energy systems and networks are good,I do alot of help with complance for sub-contractors to ESB

It's a network that is religiously tested and upgraded with a servible plan to maintain it....it's one of the few areas of state that can serve the populace and a credit to semi-state ownership

The fact the government have put an insurmountable load onto the system with data centres (which afaik employ <1000 people) is a level of mismanagement that the ESB should also take responsibility for not flagging publically

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I’ll never vote FF, my memory ain’t short.

SF do have some talent but are a generation from getting my vote. Good republicans and all that.

The Greens will get something but not No. 1

No independent candidates of note in my constituency.

As long as the Soc Dems can’t decide who actually leads their party the won’t be considered

It’ll probably be a FG vote from me next time out. Best of the bunch in my constituency.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

...many governmental energy consultants would completely disagree with you, leading them to become far more vocal over the years, as theyve realised, theyre being largely ignored, expanding our fossil fuel reliance was never ever going to work, gas is not a 'transitory source', its time for us to move on from fossil fuels, we ve known this for decades, yet here we are, experiencing a significant international fossil fuel market exposure lead inflation, again, we were warned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Unfortunately the only choice for middle class taxpayers who work is FFG again.

SF will certainly hoover up the idle voters.

strongly disagree there, theres many others to chose from, many have already been mentioned here already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Taxpayers who have to move back in with their parents, change counties or depend on state subsidies for a roof over their head are likely upset with FF/FG and their attitude that anyone in need is idle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Gorteen

FFG...only because the alternatives are worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I am a middle class worker and voted FG for many years. Never again. I cannot abide their dishonesty and incompetence since 2011. Both FF and FG only serve their own greed/interests now. Housing and Health are a disgrace and corruption/cronyism/waste is endemic.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Don't mind about around the World.

We're talking about choices for the next Irish election. Tell me why I'm wrong about the situation in Ireland. Be specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

The National Party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭billyhead

It definitely won't be SF anyway. I don't vote for terrorists. Anyway they'll destroy the economy. I'll probably vote for the Soc Dems, Labour and an Independent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

"Anyone atal but the Government". Are you serious ? Look at the Opposition, you think a mishmish of those would make a good Government ?

Post edited by TheRiverman on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

On the basis that the OP is just another Shinner bot trying to stir up a 'debate'.

I will vote for ABSF - Anyone But Sinn Féin..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement