Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@SuperBowserWorld that is magnificent, two singers i really admire

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@JupiterKid sounds like a nice day, i think the supercars running in the cannonball were near me today but i slept through it all 🤣

Busy flipping night, now raining. That's a recipe for a lazy sunday

Very heavy rain here, love listening to it in the leaba, would love a nice brekkie but can't be bothered cooking, anyone throwing on a fry?

I have eggs, rashers and farls I'm considering rustling up?.

• Advertisement

Perfect Grem, you're a star. Coffee and toast with lots of butter, I'm starving. 😁

I'll be in the door in half an hour

Right, kitchen hopping, order in!.

I got up, washed and am now sitting having a coffee, couldn't face the housework. Desperado was the first song on spotify when I got into the car, ironic.

Grem, wrap mine in tinfoil, one of everything, I'll send Sephers to collect it.😁

Lads the floods here this morning are bad, a morning for 2 hands on the steering wheel, oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭thomil

Agree on the rainfall. It's not even lunchtime and precipitation at my weather station has already exceeded the already ambitious forecasts for today. And there's more to come this evening by the looks of it.

Tableside, croissants have been consumed, coffee is being drunk, life is good 😃

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Three water barrels here over flowing, I'm sure we'll all be thankful that weeds will be shooting up faster than ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Lashing here too, a day to enhance my arse-shaped indent on the sofa.

Post edited by Leg End Reject on

21st Anniversary of 9/11 today ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Time flies! Scary..

I often wish I could go back to early 2000s and do things differently. Hindsight 🤣

Off to see someone near and dear in hospital. It's lashing rain and I'm not driving. Don't fancy the driving or car park shenanigans in this weather.

Luckily I can get public transport. With lots of walking on both ends of the journey. Got my rain gear, so I'm grand.

Hope your loved one is doing ok.

It's like a Novembers day here .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Definitely a day for the fire....but we don't have a fire (well there's a gas one but it's not the same....I want to hear crackling, which in fairness I probably can't hear anymore 😂🤣🤣)

Dinner over , stove lit , blocks crackling, book to escape in ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Advertisement

No shame at all Leggy , you're entitled to a lazy day ! I just get everything ready on a Saturday so I can do feck all on a Sunday 🙈☺️

@Princess Calla , it's easy to do it now that the kids are grown adults, that's all ☺️

They seem ok, but big battle ahead.

Saw a load of people going into town with cowboy hats and night club gear and not much rain gear. It's lashing. Fair ducks to them. Duck seems appropriate in this weather 🤣🤣🤣

I hope Garth gives out some towels. 🌧️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Still in me jammies, here, too.

Rough couple of days, today much easier so far, so taking full advantage.

Grumpy snoozing in front of GAA so coffee and choccy before I even consider washing the ware.

Got coffee and choc biscuit cake on my way home. Feel like a sinner because of that and because I don't goto church. I'm in my early 50s. How screwed up is that ? They indoctrinated me good.

In other news the cat has some fur missing around his mouth. Either rat, mouse, other cat, hedgehog or he has started shaving 🤔

The cat slipped while shaving no doubt!

Trundle time here..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table suppin a coffee....weekend of matches for the chicks...nice just to relax. I love to have the back door open and just feel the cooler air on me as im havin me coffee.

I remember back to my younger days when i spent most of my 20's in Dingle, I used go to a little creek called Brandon creek, its where Tim Severin set off on his voyage, anyway, theres a tiny pier down there and if you climb up the grass hill over it and walk to the edge of the cliff then you had the Atlantic in front of you, i used spend hours there just sitting back and feeling the cooler sea air just drift over me.

Sittin here at the table i sometimes close my eyes and im back on that cliff edge. I suppose we all do that sometimes.

Seems like a lifetime away and yet Im there in a blink of an eye.

I remember in my mid 20s sitting down one evening and looking across from North Sydney to Sydney Harbour with the bridge on my right and thinking this is the most incredible thing ever. Mid 90s 😁

I had no savings, no family responsibilities, no serious relationship, little belongings except clothes, no Internet related shite or mobile phone, no health problems...just a job, no worries, ...

Jesus, it was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Memories, hmm memories, what's them??

• Advertisement

Here's another beautiful song sung beautifully. Roberta Flack Killing me softly with his song. What a performer. They all make it look so easy here ...

Advertisement