Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Rose City Band were great in Dun Laoghaire on Friday night. About 80 people at it.

80,000 people at Garth, 80 at this. The world is mad.

Highlight being the guy on keys in the Wrestlemania 6 tshirt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Ah, Wrestlemania VI.

The Ultimate Challenge...

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

I live on Griffith Avenue and it seems noticeably much louder from Croker tonight.

I can here practically everything. Didn't hear much Friday night and I was out in town last night so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could be a stronger wind

How bad getting a free concert

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Wind direction, couldn't hear a thing in phibsboro but friends in meath St could hear the drums.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

Ah no I am a music fan so this really is not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Very jealous. Love all Ripley's projects. I was gutted when they were announced for Dun Laoghaire. It's just a pain for me to get to. If they'd been in town i could make it. In that pic they appear to be using Gnod's drums. What's going on there?

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Yeah was wondering that myself.

Venue is great. Even when a third full. Great sound. I drove out and got parking right outside the door basically. Met the band after aswell.

Who or what the hell was that Dr Jordan B Peterson thing on in the 3Arena last night ?

Is it a TED talk type thing

They really make a quick $$ these days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

that's some dedication to the prog-rock cause!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You mean to say that you don't know who Jordan Peterson is ?

I know he's a doctor ?

Did he sing a few tunes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

He is a clinical psychologist, world renowned, lecturer, author, speaker etc.

Interesting if somewhat controversial character, I generally find him interesting to listen to but others despise him.

I wouldnt go to see his talk though as there is loads of material of him speaking online.

He's a semi interesting person who pops up from time to time online. Speaks quite well.

Thick people go to see him to make themselves feel smarter.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I picked up a ticket to see James Taylor on September 26. A pricey enough concert but I managed to pick up one of the cheap seats.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A real fun night of Rock'n'Roll with Suzi Q in Belfast last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Anybody going to Fred Again?? Should be a good gig - tickets sold out in seconds

Anyone see James Taylor this evening? Great gig and what a gent

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Was there tonight too at James Taylor. Great concert, no messing about. A lovely guy .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I agree with the comments above. I've seen James Taylor several times over the years. Always a great show, and a very funny guy too. Last night was particularly enjoyable, not least for the stripped-down band, which worked really well. No bells and whistles, just a great bunch of songs.

Below, James explaining that the song about Carolina that he's about to do may not be the one that people are expecting... but that other one will be coming up later. Also, signing autographs at the interval (I got an LP signed myself). I wasn't sure he'd keep doing this in a post-Covid world. What a gent.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Wife found out there was James Taylor tickets still available yesterday ,so she bought them 😁 around 1 , so we headed up from Cork and it was well worth the trip , he was outstanding and so lovely to see him signing albums during the interval , pure gent

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Originally was due to be seeing Cheap Trick in London on Thursday, but that was cancelled, but I had a ticket for Lindsey Buckingham at the Helix which was re-arranged for Thursday and of course has also now fallen by the wayside. That means a gap of over 2 weeks between gigs, so with a bit of time on my hands, I thought I would throw up a visual summary of the year to date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Spot the arsehole bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Spot the musician under 50 !?

Janey , they are getting old arent they !

@Beasty Where did you see QotSA ?? #Jealous

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Josh Homme sang at the Taylor Hawkins Tribute concert at Wembley

One of my albums of photos is called "Zimmerframe Rock" - pictures of everyone over 70 when I saw them. The youngest was actually 70 on the day I saw him - Stueart Smith playing with the Eagles at the Aviva in June. The oldest is Tom Jones - 82 years and 10 days when I saw him at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff along with the Stereophonics. Others over 80 were Bobby Elliott the drummer of the Hollies, Paul McCartney at the Hawkins Tribute, Paul Jones and Tom McGuinness of the Manfreds

I've got another 78 aged between 70 and 79 (some duplicated) and another 15 or so to go to during the rest of 2022 (only one of them over 80 though!)

Of course it's a high risk strategy, but to date only one managed to pop their clogs before I was due to see him....

When they do die they go into the "Rock is Dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it Dead or Alive" album

That starts with Phil Lynott (died 1986) and currently ends with Gary Brooker of Procol Harum who died in May - was due to see Procol Harum in February, but had seen Brooker back in 2020 at Music for the Marsden that he had pulled together

Other notable entries in that album are Mercury, Bowie, John Entwistle, Rick Parfitt, Malcolm Young, George Michael, Charlie Watts and Meatloaf. I suspect that one may start to expand quickly over the next few years.....

Just to add - only half of those pictured above fall into the Zimmerframe Rock album!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Nice work !!

Entwistle - he actually drank in a local pub whilst writing his memoirs. Used to play along with the boys in the seisúns !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

6.4.22 - Foreigner (Las Vegas)

10.4.22 - Sparks (Vicar St)

13.4.22 - Nick Mason (Convention Centre)

23.4.22 - Nick Mason (RAH)

7.5.22 - Gary Numan (Wembley)

10.5.22 - Whitesnake -Foreigner (3arena)

24.5.22 - Gary Numan (Olympia)

26.5.22 - Midge Ure (Button Factory)

5.6.22 - Billie Eilish (3arena)

30.8.22 - Roger Waters (New York)

31.8.22- Roger Waters (New York)

2.9.22 - Geoff Tate (Button Factory)

30.9.22 - Marillion (Eventim Apollo)

2.12.22- The Cure (3arena)

5.12.22 - Placebo (3arena

Fat Pop or is it the ModFather, at 3Olympia on Monday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

• Advertisement

She is, as was pointed out by PTH2009 shortly after I posted that.....😉

Advertisement