Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman gives birth to twins with different Fathers

Options
  • 08-09-2022 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭

A young woman has given birth to twins who have different fathers after having sex with two different men on the same day.

The mother, who has asked not to be named, lives with her two sons in the small town of Mineiros in the state of Goias, Brazil, reports The Daily Record. When the twins were eight months old, the man believed to be their father took a DNA test, although the results only came back as positive for one of the babies.

The mum said: "I remembered that I had had sex with another man and called him to take the test, which was positive. "I was surprised by the results. I didn't know this could happen and the babies are very similar." According to the Mirror, the twins' birth certificate still names just one man as the father of both children.

She added: "He takes care of both of them, helps me a lot and gives them all the necessary support that they need." Dr Tulio Jorge Franco has been studying the manner of the unusual pregnancy, which is understood to be only the 20th known case of heteroparental superfecundation to use its scientific term.

The doctor explained to Portuguese news outlet G1 that such a pregnancy happens when "two eggs from the same mother are fertilised by different men. The babies share the mother's genetic material, but they grow in different placentas".

He added: "The pregnancy was super smooth, without any complications. The boys were born healthy and have never had health problems.

"It's extremely rare. It happens once in a million. I never imagined that I would see such a case in my life." The doctor made the decision to disclose the story this week with the twin babies now one year and four months old.

Wow Interesting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Classy

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

This kind of thing happens all the time with livestock.

Humans are not special. We're animals with notions about ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

That was the theory put forward by a specific Garda regarding the Kerry Babies case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You'd have to wonder if there'll always be a bit of spite for the twin that isn't his...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Has the reality show been lined up yet? Can't wait😴

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I can see how it could raise eyebrows in western society.

There is no law that I am aware of that forbids women from having multiple partners?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

It's extremely rare. It happens once in a million

surely once I million for women having sex with multiple people while ovulating?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Wait until they find out some people have multiple partners at the same time..!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the worst part in that some poor man is stuck payig for a kid thats not his

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

She must have had a serious want on her that night

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some women double ovulate. Not sure why they are calling it rare, unless it's because these children have two different fathers. Fraternal twins happen this way all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

It's because she had 2 kids from 2 fathers at the same time, how could you think its anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 19,845 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Fairly sh1tty behaviour to have it so the man only find out after 8 months that he might be the father of the kids.

She had obviously told him he was for those 8 months. He might just have easily learned that he wasn't the father of either.

Whatever about him being aware or not of what she was getting up to, she obviously knew he wasn't the only potential "candidate". One would have to assume that if he was in possession of that information, that he wouldn't have waited until they were 8 months old to get the test done.........unless there is some reason that they have to wait that long...

Like any country takes paternity fraud seriously.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Any double ovulator who has sex with two men within a fairly short time frame runs the same risk. The 'news' here is that it was discovered, or possibly that some women have sex with two different people in the one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,845 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I know of a fella who raised a couple of kids with a woman he was married to and it later transpired a few of them were not his! (Paternity test during maintenance proceedings. Obviously some suspicion .... some of the kids looked nothing like him).

One would have to assume that yer wan must have been making sure the husband was being responsible ..... but then wasn't taking any precautions with her bits on the side given more of the kids were not his than were his!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

It doesn't say that the man who was paying maintenance was her husband though right? He could just have been a casual boyfriend. Pretty **** of her to lead him to believe that he was only father candidate, but maybe she didn't? Maybe they were just going to decide whether to do a paternity test when the children were born, and decided not to once one of the twins looked really like him? So they decided to truck along assuming he was the father, until a few months later the other twin started looking completely different?

Advertisement