Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks - Croke Pk Sept 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would Garth sell enough to play UK arenas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭snowgal

it'd be interesting to see what the demand was again if he comes back here.....I like a good few I know got tickets as I do like his music, and I wanted to see him live but now that Ive done it I feel Ive ticked it off my list... Still, hed probably need at least 20 nights even so!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭glitterIsland

I see there's still some (few) tickets dotted on ticketmaster for next weekend. I would love to go again but unfortunately I have other plans. I'm getting depressed now that it's all over for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The amount of northern regs on the M1 Saturday and accents around drumcondra should let him consider Boucher road playing fields.

32-35k for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Im a volunteer steward in CP and was there Friday, Sat and last night, doing next weekend aswell - cant get enough of him. Don't think I will ever get to see him again as I dont think he will come back to Ireland so want to take it all in

• Advertisement

You are so lucky working there and seeing him for the 5 nights.

He said he's giving up the stadium tours. He might still come back but I think it would be different and maybe arena shows but if he does come back he will likely only come back touring with a new album. I don't know if his new music ever took off in Ireland. It looked as if he wrote us off for a long time after 2014 so I never got into his newer music. Everyone loves and adores the old stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Seen a few clips going round on social media and it looks like a great show.

I remember there was alot of effects in older shows he would do. Fire for Standing Outside and rain on stage for Thunder rolls. Is any of that done anymore?

Was there even any fireworks for any of the shows?

I remember that from one of his earlier dvds or videos. No those effects weren't there last night. Its was two massive screens, loads of lights, some streamers, a sound effect for thunder but that was it.

Ticketmaster is all sold out for the Saturday gig next weekend. I was going to see if I could grab one and go again.

Saturday night is all gone on ticketmaster. I wonder would any more tickets be going on sale from ticketmaster or is that it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭snowgal

If you want a ticket for sat you’ll deffo get one, check ticket fairy or on twitter or Facebook croke park exchange ( though that can be dodgy)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Anyone have a link to Ticket Fairy on Twitter ??

Seems to be a load of accounts under that name and not sure if I'm looking at the right one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Had a few pints before heading in last night along the red route. Arrived around 6.20pm and got yellow pit wrist bands.

Had a few more pints inside - Rockshore. Must be watered down cause I left the stadium much closer to sober than I arrived.

Great gig, didn't see much smoking on the pitch, but smelt plenty of smoke from a different variety.

Lots of late-teens working at the fast food and beer stalls and stewards too - many were students I'd say and most lacked experience in how to keep a thing rolling.

The bottles of Carlsberg were warm and were €7 whereas pints were cool and €6.20

Overall a good night - thoroughly enjoyed it, music was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

anyone got a link to a ticket for sale on twitter loads of scammers on there

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

toutless seems tapped out

Yeah, I'm fairly f×cked at trying to get a ticket or two for next Saturday. I had plans but I was able to move them around. There's still some tickets available for Friday but I need Saturday ticket/s.

I am very vary about buying from twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 justthataverageguy

Say people are after hearing the rave reviews of the weekends shows and said '**** it I'll go next weekend'

In hindsight the 2014 shows should of scheduled the same way as this years one's. I understand the GAA calendar prevented that back then

If you're ever bored (pun unintended) you should search and read the threads about the 2014 shows. God its was some laugh looking back now

If he was allowed how many more nights would he be able to sell out in Croke Park in the one run of gigs/event?

Just wondering

• Advertisement

I'd say there's more chances of Garth selling out another 5 nights before Mayo would ever win the Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

nice one snowgal, think I'll try aim to get there for 4.45pm or so in the hope of getting into the pit.

Is it two pits that are there, seems one each side of the runway stage jutting out from the main stage. From photos it looks like the two pits probably hold 6,000 or 7,000 people so hopefully will have a decent chance of getting in even if people are queuing from early on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

long shot but does anyone have a spare paper ticket from sat they are willing to part with for a few bob?

I usually collect my tickets and had hardcopies for Sunday but had to sell on and I could only get digital tickets for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Thrifty46

My folks are heading to the show on Friday. They're upper Hogan. Any recommendations on where would be good to pick them up after? Don't want them walking too far if possible and trying to avoid the thick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭endainoz

There's one pit, which you can get into if your there for around 6.30ish. definitely not 6 or 7 thousand though. They were actually directing us into the pit on the Friday to fill it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I have paper ticket for last Saturday. It was pitch standing. You can have it for free. It was about to get the bin, whenever I decide to clean up the gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

that's very nice of you thanks a bunch. I'll PM you now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

You just use the #

#TicketFairy and use search, lots of posts come up, you then search thru them

or put in #GarthBrooks also to narrow the search down

Lots of dodgy ones there, so be careful ....

Post edited by greenspurs on

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

I checked ticket fairy and this is what came up for me. Nothing really.

Advertisement