Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airbus A380 experience

2»

Comments

I once flew from Johannesburg in one, perfectly pleasant trip. One thing to note though is that if you are upstairs where the aircraft rocks side to side I believe you have a little more sideways swivel, you could be annoying or soothing if it’s gentle. Just a quirk of its aerodynamics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

As most others have said economy in an Emirates A380 is a much more comfortable flying experience for long haul than any other plane. If its only 50 euro more I'd definitely pay it. I have gone to Australia 3 times, teice on a A380 and id pick it every time if i could

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

You won't be able to reliably know the aircraft type until approx 6 months before departure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Very much learning towards Emirates. Would like to experience DXB international too

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

Emirates is my goto for long haul to Australia but last time, I was really disillusioned with the gate area in Dxb. It was more like a holding pen - not nearly enough seating/loos and just a miserable experience in general. Happily enough, my stopover was only 90 mins so by te time I got to the gate, I didn't have a lot of time for hanging around. I said never again but here I am after booking a return trip with Emirates yet again. This time I am lucky enough to be flying business class so expect (hope!!) to arrive a little fresher than usual.

Business is 3x the price, I can’t justify it to myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭HTCOne

It's great when someone else is paying for it but unless the money is no concern for you I don't think it's worth it myself.

You might get an email offering you an upgrade for a reduced fee a few days out from flying. No lounge access but you get the priority check in and the J class seat on the flight. Worth considering for the A380 access as it has the bar and being the longer flight a decent night's kip might tempt you.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Flew on the Qatar A380 from BKK to DOH last weekend. It really feels so much spacious then other planes, especially the 787 which I flew on the DOH - DUB leg. I've also flown on the Emirates A380 previouslt, there's nothing between them really, in economy anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Done 3 flight on Qatars A380 on my travels to Australia. My first time from Melbourne to Doha I managed to bag seat 68D which has no seat in front of it due to emergency hatch on floor. Coming back the flight was only half full so had three seats to myself, and even managed to get 6-7 hours sleep and I've never slept on a flight before....

Didn't have the same pleasures when traveling back from Sydney but I put that down to the oaf of a thing sitting beside me for the 15hrs 🤯.

Qatar's 787s are fine as well except for the in-flight entertainment box in the foot rests which I found quite annoying.

Also done Dublin - Melbourne via Hong Kong with Cathay and that was fine as well. Their A350s are certainly nicer than QR 787s and at the time their 777s were 9 abreast too.

Emirates have won the Skytrax award for Worlds best Economy Class. Helps make a decision

Advertisement