Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBAN discrimination- why does it happen? what is being done?

• 02-09-2022 12:58pm

So, new Big Name employer (payroll overseas, 3 weeks gap). I give them my Revolut on sign up, it comes back saying “we can’t”. I remind them that’s illegal, but give my An Post Money account anyways, system supports multiple accounts. Local HR says “using Revolut is fine”. Grand so, both my accounts recorded. Come payday, zilch. I call them, they look into it, I get paid into An Post Money account.

It seems to me there’s a security switch that’s getting triggered when this happens, like the infrastructure was designed & built to take national payments only, and it would be hassle to change. Do I have it right?

Anyways, what do I do to twist these lad’s arms into legality?

Comments

Advertisement