Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone know if there will be a reselling platform. I have the 3rd game from the Paris city pack I'll be looking to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I was in contact with them in June and they told me the resale portal would be available soon....still no sign of it but I'm hoping after the individual tickets sales this week that it will be the next thing made available as we can't go now and have 3 city packs that we need to sell!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mitresize5

decisions decisions

Do I spend another 2 hours looking at those goals posts tomorrow or do I book a package tour for the Scotland or SA match

They are saucy at approx. 1,200 a pop but that is flight, hotel, transfer and match ticket.

Im at the stage of my life now where I'm paying for convenience!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is this the last batch of tickets on sale? I cant see them opening up reselling until they are fully sold out

Yes the original/first sale, we bought the packs on the 15/03/21. You are probably right that the portal won't open until everything is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

Trying to not break the bank and make an educated guess at what Quarter Final to go for with the hopes of Ireland being in it, instead of buying tickets to both. I’m leaning towards Quarter Final 4 so that’s assuming Ireland will be runner up in the group behind SA. Anyone recommend the other QF or does this sound a decent bet? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭DBK1

Same dilemma here.

Is there anyone here with flights, hotel and tickets booked separately that would like to share their wisdom on whether or not a €1,200-€1,400 package is good value for the SA match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

I think only you can decide if good value.

I expect Aer Lingus may milk the pricing from the day the seats go on sale, but perhaps Air France may be more balanced and indeed could have reasonable value via Amsterdam. There is also the option of flying to Brussels and getting the Thalys down. Hotels in Paris will be reasonably ok (depends what you are looking for).

The benefit of a package is that it is simple - turn up at the airport and everything is taken care of. You even have company for the trip if you were intending otherwise to go on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

You can get Ryanair flights at the moment for Friday-Sunday for about €400 pp. Have a look at Booking.com for hotels and make a guess yourself.

Based on previous experience, packages usually end up being about 25% dearer than a DIY option (at least). Also not all pacakages include the match ticket in headline price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Id hold off on any packages, the event is still a year away and there are loads of holdbacks and unsold tickets.

The organisers are trying to promote the rip off packages at the moment.

There were loads of tickets released for Irelands games in Japan closer to the tournament, it was no bother to pick up a ticket for most games bar New Zealand.

I imagine you could probably do it anywhere between 200 and 400 cheaper going DIY

However to get the larger savings you are looking at flying to London and getting the train or Brussels and doing likewise

Stade de France is well connected on the RER but depending on where your hotel is you are looking at a 90 minutes journey with a few transfers and a decent stroll to the stadium once you get to the station out there.

I used to buzz off all that stuff when I went in 07 and we used to scoff at all the package tours, 'We did the same things for half the price lads ...'

Mid 40's now and the package tours are looking very attractive!

If anyone has links to packages that don't include the tickets to the SA and/or Scotland game please post or dm me. We bought 3 city packs and 2 of the 3 of us can't go now so it might be of interest to the 1 left who still can go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭DBK1

I had a quick look, Ryanair seem to be the only airline taking bookings yet. Flying out Friday morning and home Sunday it’s €600pp and that’s landing in Beauvais. About €140 cheaper if you fly Friday evening but only landing at 10pm French time so it wouldn’t be far off midnight when you’d get to the hotel.

Hotels are not bad value, around €250 per person gets 3 star bed and breakfast for 2 nights about half way between SDF and the city centre.

Match ticket and transport to and from the airport then and you’d have all that’s covered in the package deals.

As you said about €200-€400 cheaper. But like you I still think the package tours are looking attractive!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Know that feeling having got it wrong for Japan. Managed to get tickets in the end but was a bit of a ball ache to sort.

For flights I see Vueling have started a Shannon-Paris Orly flights but timetable only up to March. Aer Lingus timetable up to August. There's always flights flights London and Eurostar but lot of people from UK will be doing that. Ferry to France or Spain and hiring a car also an option but between time, cost of rental and fuel might not be too much cheaper.

Im going to chance the tonga match this evening. I'll do the ferry with the family if I get those

Package tour with the lads then for SA/Scotland

big difference in a World Cup in Japan and one in France, accessibility and cost wise

I reckon if we have a good Autumn and Six Nations then those packages will sell out

the prices aren't completely exorbitant

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Tinter Box

Not sure how long I’m prepared to sit looking at those posts today ! I’ll give it a bit but it’s a depressing watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

2% and waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭manshay

17 minutes in here, have 2 PC's and an iPad running the website. one of the pc's and the ipad are vpn'd to a french IP address(in case it makes a difference!)

At 2% on all three, so don't think the IP makes a difference!

Their ticketing site is woeful. Don't know why they didn't get people to log in first to make sure they're actually registered for the presals. Stuck on 3% here the past 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭techdiver

Yeah system is pure shite. Same as every 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

I don’t even have a percentage, says I can’t be let in yet, and I’ve been here for over 30mins now

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Tinter Box

5% for me. The “Sorry you missed your turn” screen is getting closer!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

stuck on 4% for 20 mins - now its 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

20%. come on ta feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ah no the site for Japan was space age compared with the French one, its absolutely diabolical.

I got sorted last year with the match packs, no way would I subject myself to a general sale on that site again.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

I got in there and got 2 Cat 3 final tickets. There is still availability for all the matches

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Wow, very nice! Did it climb slowly all the way or did it jump up at some stage?