Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on purchasing a house in Castletroy

• 13-09-2022 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

We have a plan to buy a new development in Newtown Manor, Castletroy. We are not living in limerick now, so we don’t have much idea about the city. We are looking for an area relatively quite and friendly neighbourhood. We haven’t visited the site yet. Any advices would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

I know Castletroy are well enough - having lived most of my life in the city. Have many friends nearby in Monaleen, Annacotty and Golf Links Road... and it's one of the more "upmarket" parts of the city - so I'd expect a nice & friendly neighbourhood - as the houses ain't cheap around there. Great access to schools, parks, shopping, restaurants and the university. Traffic can be a bit mad at peak times - like anywhere really.

Only negative press I'd heard was a few years back - when teens (who'd been dragged up rather than reared) - were causing trouble up around the Newtown complex? The one with McAris chipper and Top House bar. But that seemed to be a one off...

Hopefully a few people living there will be in touch with better info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

You forgot to mention the halting site longside kilmurry lodge as one resident told me they should have pused them into the mulcaire river.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭appukuttan

I am a bit concerned about the student houses though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The main student "enclaves" are Elm Park and College Court both of which are adjacent to UL and quite a distance away from Newtown Manor.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Barbosa92

I am living in the area. I know the development. The houses there look fantastic and are very well located. It is a very nice area, friendly people and plenty of amenities around. Don’t worry about the students. You will barely even notice them. Any areas with a high student population are concentrated closer to the University so you won’t be getting woken up late at night with any house parties.

Regarding the halting site. I do see the local petrol stations having hassle with the kids from there. Besides that I haven’t seen or heard of any hassle/trouble from the halting sites to be honest. It’s a very small halting site.

Newtown Manor/Castletroy area is a lovely area to live in. I’m sure you will be very happy here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Annacotty is growing at a fierce pace some pros and cons

Pros;

Good access to the motorway for Dubln, Raheen Industrial Estate, Hospital etc.

Walking distance to schools if you have kids that go to school

Serviced by a bus route

Area is holding its value

Good bars and ok restuarants around the place

Nice walks locally in UL and the Mulcair riverbank

Cons

Area is growing very quickly which means alot of young couples and lots of roaming kids in the evening times.

Some underage drinking in the area due to the age groups and large amounts of teenagers roaming the surrounding area

Can be some bottlenecks in the mornings but the estate you are in is on the outskirts so should be ok traffic wise

Every available space is being built on and the place is spreading fast

Advertisement