Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

12.2kw at the moment

South facing 6.5kw of panels

Went online this hour last week and have got 90kw/h for the week which is just above entire consumption for the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

20.1 yesterday, on course for probably 25 today.

Thanks for the info.

The array size is useful to know along with battery size if anyone has one.

Has anyone got a battery that can dish out the Kw when needed, say when the oven and a few hobs are on ?

Any chance install year and cost of install could be included the more info the better for those on the fence.

We need around 10 Mwh per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

Is that the link to add a setup to? Don't want to go messing with the wrong sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

Thankfully the sun eventually came out in the afternoon, with only 3.25 generated by midday, 17kWh by 18:30 and almost as good as yesterday.

4.8kW South facing Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

Having doubled my battery to 20kWh, I can simply ensure that I have about 50% remaining each morning, then nothing would then be wasted. I've capacity to charge without exporting while also having capacity to generate feck all and get to midnight.

So I don't need to worry at all now about the weather forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

Just under 22kwh yesterday in Sligo from 6.6kw SE facing . Only running since Jul but 8 out of 13 days in Sept so far over 20kwhwith 10th producing 37.8kwh, happy with that

14.7 yesterday squeezed another 100w today 14.8

Quite happy with that..

Tomorrow isnt expected to be good at all. Expecting single figures

• Advertisement

What about getting a battery only no PV for storing some night rate Kwh ?

I suppose the cost wouldn't be justifiable . But currently our daily average according to the energy meter is 17.5 Kwh/Day. I'd like to be able to use more of that on night rate juice.

Volkswagen are supposed to soon enable V2G on all their electric cars and supposed to be already V2G ready for all cars built after December 2021 which leave me out as mine was built in July 2021 and due to parts shortage couldn't collect until October, anyway, the good news seems like it it will be very easy to have this implemented into existing ID cars so instead of installing a battery in the house I could wait and see if they can enable v2g on my id3 which would be amazing but I would want to be able to power the house only and not send power to the grid so hopefully this would be possible which I'm sure it can as it will all be done by a bi-directional EVSE and surely an isolator switch can be installed at the consumer to block power to and from the grid ?

The other plan is to use the tax payer subsidised electricity at the data centre sites I work on to power the house when home. This free electricity the data centres get comes out of our pockets with higher bills.

Anyway yeah, I think it would be a good idea to wait until I see what VW do because V2G has massive potential, I could even be so bold as to export some of this power if there is a plan in place for V2G payments. Either way the potential is massive and if it worked out I'd say feck that to solar PV.

Another idea, a solar array, battery and go off grid, charge the car in work and charge the house batteries when home + run the house, then when at work the solar + batteries are providing power to the house.......yeeee haaa. 🤣

If you are sticking 30-40kWh every day into your car at work to bring home for free, it won't be long before they limit how much you can avail of. 😉

You'd also run the risk of getting hit with BIK on that if revenue copped on.

But, yeah, it will be, maybe not a game changer, but definitely a massive plus to have the ability to use your car storage for the house.

I don't have an EV yet, and not looking likely for a few years yet, but I would only see myself using it as a backup only, at a push to eliminate peak time demand if that (likely) becomes the norm with mad unit costs. I'd prefer to reduce any reduction in charging capacity from non-driving usage as much possible on an EV to keep the range. Also wouldn't like to be totally dependent on the car storage in case the car is away when I'd need it, though that's just for my circumstances.

Probably a discussion better suited to the Random Renewables thread, or indeed it's own thread once V2G is rolled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭steamdave

I've had my system up and running for 32 days. Total generation is 656.5 kWh and feed in 332 kWh - but I've been away from home for 6 days. This month's figures: 266 kWh generated, purchased 16.25 kWh, feed in 150.8 kWh.

Well pleased with whole set up and performance.

System 5.1 kWp, 5 kW battery, SSE facing in sunny West Cork.

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Wow, close to south performs so much better. I've about the same size as you. But more E/W split (all that we have roof wise bar). I only got 75% of your output this month. Happy days for you!

I'm only 1.5 months in myself. Tbh I still think it's class to even get a few kWhs a day when it's peeing rain. Our lowest was 1.75 (rained all day), highest was maybe 25 (clear blue skies last month). So even we I get single digits on crap days, it's more than I expected. As Tesco say 'every little helps' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

managed 14.6 today from 7.4KWh east west split

Funnily enough your last paragraph, is practically verbatim what I've said to my wife, even with the "every little help" 😄

Last 3 days have even very consistent between 14.4 and 14.8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Should be a good day today!!

Car at 52% this morning so the Zappi will get a good workout today. With it being a bit colder I am hoping that my peaks will be up at the 6kW range not down around 5.5kW during those really hot days during the summer

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Beast mode activated today

Running at 80% for the last hour

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This could be the last good solar day of the year, clouds have now cleared in the midlands, hopefully blues skies till sunset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Started off great then the clouds rolled in at peak production 😡.....anyway got 33kWh generated and used 84% of it, which included 21 kWh into the car

6.1 kWp system in Cork

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Anyone falling onto my "curve" would be spiked for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

20.8kWh generated today from 4.5kWp~ system in North Co. Dublin

Eddi took 6.3kWh and Zappi 5.3kWh, also managed to export 4.5kWh. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

23.1 from a 4.4kWp system in the midlands. 19.7 exported as we were away for most of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

27kWh today.

I've generated about 65% of my September target already.

Really good today. 28kw. Prevuos best was 18.5 on Saturday

Good to see what it's capable of. Dip at lunch from "grid overload?" And then some clouds brought a quick end to the 87% capacity output at one stage

A very welcome 32.1 today.

Weather looks alright to end of next week, equinox next Friday so hoping for a good week before the light starts fading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Folks must be pleased with the weather this week. Balmy here in Limerick City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

Pinergy announced they're upping their FIT from 13.5c to 21c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭vistaphotos

~17kWh yesterday from 5.32kWp, 5kWh battery, roughly E/W in Cork.

Advertisement