Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screw fixing 62mm insulated board to metal stud

Options
  • 08-09-2022 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭

What screws should I be using to fix 62mm board to walls with gypliner stud system?

Will 75mm do the job?

Standard plasterboard screws or do they need to be different spec for the metal stud?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Darmac84

They say you should penetrate timber at 25mm and metal at 10mm, should be OK with 75mm, are you using metal discs along with screws, we tend to

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Standard drywall screws should do the trick Mick. However we've run into trouble recently with people trying to put insulated slabs on to the metal ceilings and the screws not taking well to it. Various types tried and none were much use.

Asked a gypsum rep about it and he claimed that you really shouldn't be screwing insulated boards to metal ceiling runners!! I've never had any trouble myself personally on the metal studs to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Apologies, only saw this response now.

Job is done. Got fine thread drywall screws approved for metal stud and did the job.

Advertisement