Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I get scars on stomach removed?

• 13-09-2022 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Apologies if I I’m posting in the wrong place. I have 2 nasty looking scars on my stomach from a surgery I had 4 years ago. These are keloid scars meaning they are thick, raised and very very noticeable. I shouldn’t let it bother me but it does more than I can explain. From relationships, holidays, stopped the gym, stopped swimming and all sports etc. it’s affecting my confidence in a big way.

I tried local honey and bio oil but to no avail. I went to my GP and explained my concerns. I should point out he is very old school. He looked at the scars and said oh they look nasty then when I asked if I could do anything he told me try bio oil. When I said that didn’t work he said their your war marks own them. That was his only solution. €60 for nothing! I know I shouldn’t let them bother me but they do.

Has anyone successfully got scars removed/ reduced? Or can this even be done? I’m not a vain person by any means but I can’t stand them.

Comments

Advertisement