Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6 year EU warranty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

In the past I've printed the legislation and then talked to a manager in the shop. If that doesn't work, public shamming in social media then small claims is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

Thank you so should I go to the seller? And should I use the print out of this website that I quoted or is there another source ?

best wishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You have to prove there was an inherent fault in the product - hell you could have been using it twice a day every day and that wouldn't be normal use and the heating element is all burnt out

Which Irish law provided for a warranty after 4 yrs?

Irish law allows you to seek redress for up to 6 yrs after purchase, that does not mean the warranty has to last for 6 yrs. If you read the link you posted, after 6 months the burden falls on you to show it has a manufacturing fault, something which may not be easy after 4 yrs of service.

Advertisement