Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AshleyOH23

I think it’s 2 or 3 over but that’s just a guess as I’ve only standard house scales here and have not taken my height in a good few years! I’d be happier knowing they’d give a chance to go back in a month or two to get the bmi reviewed if it is a hard line so I’m really hoping that’s the case as to get this far is a testament in itself never minding being able to pass the pct which surely shows you’re able for the training!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Spook22

I imagine if its that close, and you are careful to strip some water weight in the days prior, you should be ok even on the day.

You will be given the chance to come back at that level, certainly.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Guessed

Any know what way does it work if you fail to meet the required level on one aspect of the PCT and have to repeat? Is it last chance or can you keep trying if miss it the 2nd time?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Starlight27

Some people just have a lovely way with words.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Being careful with words is a key attribute of being of a Garda, it can escalate/de-escalate situations. Judging by the tone of that post and previous ones by the poster, I don't think it’s a characteristic many members will appreciate on the unit.

source: I’m a serving member.

I believe BMI over 30 will cause people issues in the medical, but if it’s muscle mass more than anything, it will be evident to the nurse/doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

Interview dates out for last week of September and first week of October for me … oom 550-600

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Anyone on here be able to tell me how many students are currently in Templemore?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 User2589

There’s only 25 of us

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

And have the tutors been reallocated stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 niall1996

Just to keep people updated: Got my results for stage 2 report writing today at 3pm. My OOM is between 700-800.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MrMario

Lads what's the craic with drug testing? Dabbled a little with weed recently enough in Amsterdam (stupid I know!) and bricking it now that I have heard talk of hair samples being taken!

Put me out of my misery, please 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

Google says hair tests are effective at detecting drugs up to 90 days later

So say nothing and stop smoking. And dont be around people while they're doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

Has anyone who has done the medical heard back from the appointments office?

Would be nice to know how long it will take them to process it, I rang them but they had no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cluedo93

How's it going everyone, seeing a lot of stuff here about hair tests? Anyone know at what stage they do this and if anyone already in templemore has more information on what stage it's being done? Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hoops67

They didn’t do hair test in the medical. Think it was a misunderstanding but can’t be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

Correct I did nothing like a hair test either, just a urine sample and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cluedo93

Thanks very much @hoops67 @blinkinghinds , all the best in the campaign 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrdeanj

still waiting on stage 2 call up. I am around the 1400’s, Anyone else get a email yet?

Im still waiting for stage 2 results I'm wondering will we be called next year Im not sure.. waiting for results 9 weeks now 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrdeanj

where a bouts where you ranked?know it’s a slow process.at least you’re passed stage 2 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 KaWinNee

@starlight27

Id be surprised if you got results for stage 3 before the new year anyway. Realistically you will have a few weeks prep for your interview, they run for a couple of weeks and then a long wait for results.

Im sure everything slows down around mid december into the new year with the festive season.

Im waiting approx 4+weeks so far after my interview

Was ranked just over a 1000 so I'm probably a good bit down the list I'd say say waiting for results.

I haven't done stage 3 yet. I'm wait for the results for stage 2 atm but I'd say your right I reckon I won't here until January id say I don't know tho. Oh I see how did you find the interview was it hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

Interview results are up for batch 2 thank god i passed 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Got the interview results here too, thankfully got through. Best of luck to ya’s who are yet to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

Yes passed. that was so quick I only did interview last Friday!

Anyone explain the new order of merit or the consequences of it? I was <300 and now <80

• Registered Users Posts: 12 krtrssllx

Hey everyone. Happy to say I passed my interview after all my worrying! It said on the message that I'm batch 1! My OOM has drastically changed. I was in the lower 300s. I'm now under 50. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so what does this mean for me going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Actually just noticed mine says batch 1 too, and I’m also under 50’s now. Would be thinking maybe it means we’re in the first batch now for the physical test maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 12 krtrssllx

Awh damn I was hoping we would have more time. I'm not the fittest at the moment. 😬

Better start running!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

is anyone able to set up a what’s app group for batch 2 who passed the interview ?

Advertisement