Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fell out with fellow housemates, need advice.

Options
1235»

Comments

You were very foolish not to attend any round table meeting with the Letting Agent to push the point that it is another tenant's boyfriend i.e. someone who is not on the lease - who is threatening YOU in your own home.

And you want a lock on your door so you feel safe from him.

Keep looking for a new place, because you've played right into their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Here you go OP, Loueze said it more politely but makes the same point!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stalk

You aren't understanding the situation. It's not in my control. If I can't get a room even though I'm trying, then it's out of my control.

You reiterating that I may be evicted soon is not making anything better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

But it was in your control to fix the situation by going to the round table meeting and you didn't bother.

I mean that says enough surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheepondrugs

it sounds like its you who is most at risk of getting kicked out. If getting a new place is impossible then you have to stay there and make the most of it.

Don't give up being the main contact/ rent payer with the letting agency, it gives you a degree of seniority. Be more discreet when smoking pot; ABC are probably trying to record this as evidence of drug use etc

Attend any future meetings with the letting agency and state your case emphasising the boyfriends carry on and his anger issues could be a danger to not only you but BC also..

Your strategy should be divide and conquer: you + BC vs A as A sounds the biggest headfuk, if that ship hasn't completely sailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭al87987

I get the distinct impression that we are getting a warped and one sided view of this issue.

You were either not invited (or stupidly didn't show) to the house meeting which indicates to me that you are probably the problem in this situation. The fact that all the girls got locks put on their door says to me that they feel you are dangerous.

I cannot fathom why you would not hang around for the Garda to show either, you skedaddled like a guilty person.

Considering the whole 3 vs 1 situation, I would just leave, I know it's terrible out there at the moment but this situation doesn't seem good for anybody and easier for 1 to move than 3.

Do you work in Dublin OP or can you work remotely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

This was in your control but you've gone and made it worse.

You called the cops, then fecked off then called the letting agent (I'm guessing that was you). Now the easiest thing for them to do is to kick you all out.

If you hadn't gone to the letting agent you'd be fine.

Ideally you need to move, but you also need to work on plan B, stop yourself or all of you getting kicked out. Plan C would be to get rid of A as once they are gone 90% of the problems are gone.

Read up on citizens information about tenancies and contact Threshold to see if they can advise you. Maybe if and only if you get an eviction notice, there is way you can force the hand of the letting agent to let you and C stay. For example if you get an eviction notice don't tell the A & C but open an appeal with the RTB arrange a mediation call and state your case that all of this stems from A and her BF.

Right now get information and do nothing else, keep your head down and hopefully it will blow over giving you time to do something else. Everything you say to A and C will be used against you - don't tell them you are looking for a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ridiculous side show deleted. If you have issues with posts, report them. And don't try give people advice on how to take drugs either, thanks.

Not turning up for the round table was a terrible decision.

You say you didn't want to listen to your housemates ganging up on you, but they had their say regardless and you weren't there to express your viewpoint.

As someone else said above, it looks like you were hiding and it makes you look like the common denominator.

Had you been there and expressed your issues with A maybe B & C would have backed you up but as you weren't there, B & C were unwilling to tackle A.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

This situation isn’t salvageable.

I suggest you look for alternative accommodation right now

• Advertisement

"A warning notice has been issued by the letting agent, saying that, within the next 4 weeks if there is 1 more incident of antisocial behaviour, all tenants will be served a notice of eviction. This was the decision of the landlord ... who ..... just wants his free money."

Clinching evidence of who the arseh0le is in this situation. If I was the landlord, I wouldn't even bother opening the front door before throwing you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hardly 'free money' when they've to deal with this level of shite really, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Spoken like a true addict. Deny and deflect.

OP...stop the smoke and move house. Leave it all behind

Stay Free

Update: I moved out.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Munstersrebel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Congratulations. You done exceptional to find somewhere in this current shitshow.

Onwards and upwards.

Unfortunately the new place is a noisy, cramped apartment in a rough area. Better than being homeless I guess.

Advertisement