Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It was quite specific.

But why would the Queen respond to a vague something something?

And then concocted a plan to get him to leave it?

You didn't think that through did you? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Meghan also fell out with her own family, her mother is the only one she has a relationship with.

Are all their relatives to blame, or could it possibly be the 2 common denominators?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

lol.

the absolute desperation to have a go at them that you will drag up any old thing.

they held hands, biggest non-issue in history, the absolute state of your post in fairness.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Here you go again with the insane OTT wanting this alleged racism conversation to be like some Ku Klux member using the N word about the baby.

You know well this was most likely and innocent/innocuous conversation (if it actually happened at all) where a person made an innocent, and not at all intentional/racist comment, about a baby's skin tone/color.

Using the racist card by the pair a them with a clearly flimsy and vague allegation of a conversation was never going to fly, because it has no fooking wings at all.

And here is the other thing: Was it actually necessary for them to go on a chat show and tell the world of this vague story? What as the need here, really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Plenty of time to show affection. A formal state occasion where everyone is filing out in 2 predetermined lines is not it. It's inappropriate and rude. It's not about them and what they want to do, but they really are doing their darndest to make it so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I don't see anything wrong with them holding hands. Formal state occasion or not. That's his Grandmother and he has publicly stated that the ordeal of publicly walking behind his mother's coffin when he was just a little boy traumatised him, something I don't doubt in the slightest. If his wife holding his hand helps him cope with the ridiculous stiff upper lip nonsense, who is that hurting? Members of the public are openly weeping and hugging but they can't hold hands at his Grandmother's procession? Now that's a reason to want out.

the institution can't be racist because 1 of it's members married a mixed race woman? that's similar to the "i'm not racist i have a black friend" bs.

there is plenty of evidence of racism within the RF, therefore that is sufficient evidence that meghan's and harry's allegation of racism may very much be true.

we also know that the diagnosis of her being a narcissist is based on nothing but wishful thinking and all attempts to link such a diagnosis to her by wannabe medical professionals fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DontHitTheDitch

I bet whoever allegedly, supposedly said something racist wasn't aware that saying 'I don't see race/colour' or that we should all be 'colourblind' is now considered racist blasphemy. Yes, that's where we are now.

Harry mentioned in an interview that he 'didn't understand what racism was' or similar nonsense, until he met Meghan. So we know he has now been indoctrinated too.

I think he'd do just fine walking side by side like everyone else. FFS, he's hardly that bloody fragile, is he?

• Advertisement

Just thinking what makes a Brit anti or pro their monarchy or indifferent?

We’ve a president- if you don’t like them, another will appear in 7-14 years. They’re not linked to one family; you’ll never know who you’re getting next, assuming there’s more than one candidate put forward come election time - I like that idea and I’ve liked our presidents over the last 30 years or so - but many couldn’t give a damn and so be it

If you’re a Brit and don’t like Charles or William or indeed the RF in general because you think they’ve behaved badly, you’re gonna be a bit miffed having to look at them for the rest of your life with no end in sight.

The massive coverage given over to the Queens death this week is as much about promoting Charles as the new king as it is about the mourning of a dead Queen -there was no election here so the King needs to build his popularity up and showcasing him for hours after hours on TV out meeting the people is a clever way to do that I think.

You can be a monarchist and hate your current king- and be anti monarchy but admit that William appears to be a nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Oh please, he managed it on his own at the queen mothers funeral. His family members all manage on their own, and save the PDA until later. IMO it’s overcompensation and points towards a very insecure relationship.

Here you go again with the insane OTT wanting this alleged racism conversation to be like some Ku Klux member using the N word about the baby

lol.

So unless you are wearing a hood and calling a baby the N word it's not racist. Absolute parody. 😂

No, you want to make it so....you want to believe that this comment/conversation was "grotesque."

Being Anti-Monarchy over there can get your arrested.

I 100% believe the allegation could have definitely happened considering the family we are dealing with.

You are the one tying yourself up knots trying to defend the alleged racism.

It's not a great look, nor is calling someone with mental health issues a liar for that matter.

Mental Health issues? Are you her psychiatrist? We have an actual verified diagnosis, do we?

She said she was suicidal. I don't believe that she was. I am far from alone here.

Considering the family we're dealing with? Ok, so they said it wasn't the Queen or Philip. Not sure who else they said it wasn't.

So, leaves us with who, exactly?

BTW, you seem to be hanging on the RF history on this one, with the "considering the family we're dealing with."

Deal with the actual current family, and exclude the two people they said it was not. Who from the rest have any sort of racist history that has been corroborated?

Oh, wait......what about Harry, himself?

Harry with his "Paki friend" in the military.

That's ok though because Meghan taught him that was racist. I mean, how ever was he supposed to figure that out himself as an adult?

it's neither rude, inappropriate nor constitutes making things about them.

like the other poster you are just scraping under the barrel to look for something to have a go at them for and then engaging in fake/fo-outrage over it.

it's failing spectacularly for the both of you.

so he was indoctrinated into raicism? or he was indoctrinated into seeing what racism constitutes?

are we all indoctrinated into seeing what racism constitutes or is it the case that most of us are just not knuckle dragging racists and know that racism is a real thing and should be stamped on?

• Advertisement

Well, my 51 yo self and 56 year old partner must be very insecure.

So can acting the dick in public - I don’t blame the police arresting the guy for shouting at a funeral procession regardless of who he was shouting at- fast reaction and response was called fro their in a situation that was unfolding quickly with the potential to escalate.

As for those standing silently with anti mornarchy posters, let’s see what the courts decide but that will be interesting I grant you - does a lone protestor, silently protesting against whatever, amongst a crowd of people who are pro what he’s protesting against, constitute a breach of peace?

my own view is that it might be issue AND situation dependent - protest against Christmas, at Christmas, amongst a crowd of Christmas shoppers- I think you’ll get laughed at but a low chance you’ll cause a riot.

Protest against the monarchy in 6 months time, in a public square, where there’s no solemn ceremony taking place? People will probably ignore you.

Protest at a highly significant event relating to the death of the Queen and the introduction of the next king? Amongst a crowd of people who only wish to see the event taking place and are in the main favourably disposed towards the monarchy? That’s where I think there may be some law laid down - trolling, baiting, incitement to riot- whatever the legal term- I think that’s where this might go

and he could perhapse do even better walking the way he is/did if that makes him feel better.

He did. Fail to see how holding his wife's hand for moment is in anyway disrespectful

he managed it fine, or just like at his mother's processions and funeral he was forced to manage/do it?

big difference.

yes, you don't believe she was suicidal, and the basis for that belief is absolutely nothing, just your dislike of her and your percieved slights that she carried out against the rf.

harry was racist to his own wife? don't think so on that one lad.

Deal with the actual current family

I already told you what the current crop were capable of and you reported the post. 🤷‍♂️

Mental Health issues? Are you her psychiatrist?

Lol. You are the one who has diagnosed of not having mental health issues. 🤣

So can acting the dick in public - I don’t blame the police arresting the guy for shouting at a funeral procession regardless of who he was shouting at- fast reaction and response was called fro their in a situation that was unfolding quickly with the potential to escalate

The funeral isn't until Monday.

The RF didn't want William and Harry to walk behind their mother's coffin though. Tony Blair put pressure on for a public funeral and for the RF to be seen. That's when her children was brought out to see the flowers and later to walk in the funeral procession. It was obscene, but wasn't what the RF wanted. The hysteria at the time of Diana's death was phenomenal.

• Advertisement

Eh, you were bringing in Andrew and his issues. Nothing to do with the racism claim. You’re being deliberately obtuse here.

Advertisement