Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭lisij

Any stock update lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭micks_address

I ordered from GameStop last Sunday and was delivered Wednesday. Forbidden west bundle disk version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭lisij

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

On gamestop website now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 omr1976

Some stock in Smyth’s this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭jj880

Looks to be 3 disk bundles available for home delivery from Smyths also.

Ps5 disk + 20 euro credit 515 euro

Ps5 disk + extra dual sense 560 euro

Ps5 disk + GT7 OR Horizon FW 560 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just looking on Smyths' site after the price increase announcement and there seem to be plenty of disc versions in-store around the country, at the old price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭techdiver

Yeah Smyths still honouring the old price. Got a second controller bundle in store for €559.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

very.ie PS5 pre-order for 500 disc console. Could take about a month to arrive, it'll say it when you check out. They reserve the 502 after you check out. very.ie used to be Littlewoods for anyone who doesn't know. I took a chance on it anyway. There ye go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Seems like no stock anywhere in the country right now?

Checked Argos, Smyths, Gamestop, Currys, etc.

I'm waiting on an invite list with Amazon and Sony directly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,532 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Usually there's a drop every month from Smyths.

Past few months they've had loads available for quite some time. But it's getting closer to Xmas so that will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RedPete

Trying to source a PS5 digital this month. I rang up every major retailer and nothing in stock and was told there was no due date. Appreciate any recommendations (disc version is out for me). Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Can't believe I'm back haunting this thread 2 years later but my youngest now wants a PS5 for Christmas - it's mental how scarce they still are - I'm on various waiting lists but there's no sign of anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just wait until you see the rush around November. This has been coming all year, there was constant drops throughout the year and people were told to get one then if they expected santa to need one for Christmas.

Well, at least it must be great to feel so smug about.

Not every kid comes up with their Christmas list in May.

• Advertisement

Looks like your first post in here so will recommend what I usually do. This guy is still posting about new stock in ireland:

get the twitter app and set up notifications on your phone.

Yeah we used to try and get the "letter" sorted half way through November so we know what to get. It gets easier. Its an Xiaomi F3 phone this year so keeping an eye out for deals 😳. It used to change almost daily so not really viable to get a ps5 in the Summer just in case. You could end up stuck with it. There will be more drops soon.

Not smug at all, apologies if it came across like that. You're ahead of most at the moment, I'm sure you'll get sorted. People deciding in November are the ones who will be the ones paying scalpers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭eggy81

Smyths get a drop per month. The just sold out last drop week before last. Check their website every day in September and you’ll get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gamestop Henry Street have 4 PS5s in stock right now on shop floor just seen then getting put out

• Advertisement

Wife just picked one up from there - Cheers for the heads-up.

Was in the window at €660 for the disc version with an extra controller, a charger and Horizon Forbidden West but when she went up to pay the lad behind the counter asked her if she wanted the extra controller and when she said no, he only charged her €560 - so not sure how they worked that out.

Anyway - delighted to get one - my youngest is just gone past Santa age and is aware of the issues with getting PS5s so I'll be telling him on Christmas Eve that we weren't able to get one and we'll try in the New Year - I'm very good at lying to my children with a complete straight-face..

He'll be delighted Christmas morning.

Would it be normal for 1 Gamestop (the one mentioned above) to get stock and no other Gamestops around the country? I don't have much insight into retail stocking procedures so I'm guessing each store has different re-stocking dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Apparently it was stock on deposit that was no longer wanted so that's how they became available glad someone in need of it got one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭MillField

Does anyone know is there a particular date each month that stock becomes available generally? Are there drops every x number of weeks or is it completely random?

No dates. Random drops. Just gotta keep an eye on stock updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

I'd put money on it that all the Smyths will have them this week . It will be almost a month since the last drop so they will have them again , They have them every 3 - 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Westport Covies

Have they gone up in price in the last two years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There was a recent well publicised price increase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Playstation Direct have a few available, but you have to be registered with them.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-gb/hardware/ps5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The en-gb in the url suggests its aimed at the UK and if you try to import anything from the UK these days customs stings you with the Boris Brexit Bonus.

• Advertisement

It would be very fortunate if you had a relative or colleague in NI in that scenario.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭robbe

Tried to buy using an NI address and paypal account but kept getting 'Something went wrong'.........anyone been successful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Please tell me there will be a MASSIVE stock update before xmas.

They'll be like gold dust in the run up to Christmas. Now is the time to be looking I think.

Argos selling ps5 disk for 560 euro.

I have a reservation for Liffey Valley. Needs collected by 8pm tomorrow. Looks to be a tenner dearer than other retailers but hopefully someone can make use of the reservation.

First to PM me gets the reservation code. EDIT: Gone.

Post edited by jj880 on

I was getting the same during the week, I assume it was a stock issue ........ however just tried again 5 mins ago and managed to get a Digital Edition @ £439 ordered and got the confirmation through. That's on the Playstation direct site. I'm just outside Belfast.

Still available until 8pm tonight. EDIT: Gone.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Super09

Hi could I possibly take you up on your offer for the reservation number please. I would be very grateful!

Check Argos folks, they’re becoming available again in some stores. Collection from Sunday onwards.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

For anyone interested, I picked up a PS5 Disc version the other week. Absolute perfect timing but may work for someone else.

Just walked into my local gamestop. "Any PS5's off the shelf?" Lad at the counter basically laughed at me but the manager behind him said hold on a second. Someone ordered one and hasn't answered the phone for 48hrs so they're allowed to resell it. I was the next person to come knocking so I bought it. €620 for Disc console with extra controller and Horizon forbidden west.

Just an option if you're walking past any Gamestop pop in and ask, and also ask if anyone has gone over the 48hr mark because they'd be obliged to sell to you if they've heard nothing from the original buyer.

Manager in Gamestop also told me Sony will be increasing price by €50 leading up to Christmas. So 450 for digital and 550 for disc.

I have 3 reservation codes for Argos to be collected at different times next week, i reserved them for a friend in need of a PS5 for Christmas but this morning I managed to get him a reservation for an argos closer to home.

The ones I have are for Stephens Green, Clonmel and Tralee. If anyone wants one of them, send me a message.

Post edited by RocketRaccoon on

Was just checking there. Seems to be stock to collect in a few days at most Argos stores.

Edit: disk ps5 only

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Confused11811

It only appears that way. When you actually go to reserve online you get an out of stock error. Possible stock is in store, I'll fly by Liffey valley later and check.

Argos last year was a shite show , wouldn't surprise me if they abandoned online reservations on the PS5 for in-store collect and purchase only

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Amazon UK are accepting pre orders reservation requests right now, current price is £480 which will probably work out around €560 - €570 after Irish VAT is applied. Don't let amazon do the currency conversion, it'll add another €10 or so to the cost.

I've a reservation request in. I'll update the thread should I get an offer.

• Advertisement

Joke of a system. Just tried to reserve and got the error at the end. Although it is slightly better than the ghost email with no reservation code they used to send out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is there a major difference between the disk console and the digital one? Which is the better console?

Hard to go into it without draggin the thread off topic. Id search up ps5 disk v digital on youtube. Plenty good breakdowns of pros and cons available there.

EDIT: @giveitholly I do agree with the posts below and in the vast majority of cases disk is best but just a few things to keep in mind that might make the digital console viable:

1. You dont already own any physical ps4/ps5 games or physical media you will want to play/watch on ps5.
    2. You will have better deals on disk games (discounts, 2nd hand etc.) however the new ps plus extra digital catalogue (launched June this year) is now available on subscription and contains over 400 digital games. This list is added to monthly: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/ps-plus/games/
    3. If like me you didn't own a ps4 then the digital catalogue mentioned above is even better value when purchasing a ps5.
    4. You may just not want the hassle of bothering with disks at all.

Post edited by jj880 on

There are zero pluses to the digital, none at all. Bar possibly saving the €100 initially which will then cost you much more in the long run.

But that's not for this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Any money you save on digital will be cancelled out by the price of digital games on Ps store. For example I got rift apart and miles morales 2nd hand for 70 quid disc, they're both still 80 each on the ps store digital version. Sony are exploiting the fact some owners can only buy digital games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement