Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

How long before delivery did ye start to get communication and updates from your dealerships ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to do the deal? Do they take long inspecting the trade-in car? If they call me on a work day I'm just wondering if I have enough time before work or even on a lunch break to collect it. Won't need to be shown around the car as I'm already familiar so it's just down to the trade-in and paperwork.

Signing paperwork won't take long if you don't read any of it, if you're that type of person. 90% of people are anyway!

I assume the trade in has been looked at already, mine has been anyway.

You should be less than an hour in the dealership, but do you really want to rush it? Could you have a bit of flexibility in your day to do it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

20-30 mins possible if you've already prepared everything in advance. There's no hard sell for tyre insurance or any of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So you'll only be waiting six weeks? I ordered from Airside in May and was told it will be at least 12 months for delivery.

I reckon there will be some cancelled orders, the way things are at the moment people are putting their name down on more than one car and if something comes up sooner they'll cancel the other one and the dealer will have something that's already on the way for someone else. I think a few dealers ordered some of their own stock too, after I ordered mine the salesman said the eboost orders had opened and they wanted to get a few of their own in.

Yes 6 weeks if it comes in on time but I have my doubts. End of Sept I was told but that is 18 days away and I haven't heard anything. Now mine is a car that was coming in anyway, I wasn't allowed spec anything I wanted it was just take it or leave it. So I took it.

Have any of you started looking into home chargers? I didn't realize it was such a complicated decision.

• Advertisement

Not yet, I'll look into options when the time comes but I have work charging which will be fine for a while.

What are you finding complicated? Where to install it at the house or the different brands of chargers available?

Just the different brands and choices such as tethered vs untethered. I really only started looking up things yesterday though.

I have all that exciting stuff to look forward to so, I haven't even thought about it yet. An electrician friend of mine installs them so I'll defer to his knowledge on these things

Picked mine up this morning, I'll post some pictures up tomorrow after I go somewhere that isn't outside my house!

Got a call just before I was due to head down that their finance system was down, I was gutted! Fortunately they called back 45 minutes later. The process was super quick.

Car had carpet floor mats and a full charge. I didn't get my welcome box and I forgot to ask!

Make sure your vents are open! They slide to the side to close as opposed to the little wheel. I was absolutely sweating on the way home even though I had auto speed on 3 haha.

That massage seat is actually nice. Some people say it's crap and it's not actually a proper message it's just lumbar going up/down but it's nice.

When you're in the exterior settings and you see the car you can swipe to the side for more settings, some people seem to miss that. Have a good look through the menus, I recommend lights on early, ACC speed sign off as it will automatically slow down on some roads as it has incorrect speed limit on some.

Also the stock sound system has a nice punch. I forgot that the car uses USB C and didn't have time to connect Android Auto wireless so just had Bluetooth so not the best sound quality, set the sound on the bass preset and it's good.

Apparently you can turn off the steering wheel button clicking sound, while adjusting your volume there's a setting button on the screen and it only shows up while adjusting volume.

Car is nice and smooth, huge huge improvement over the Peugeot 2008 I was driving temporarily. It will be interesting going back to my old Golf to compare them in future.

Only downside so far, the app is €160 per year after the first year. So depending on how much you like preheating you may or may not want to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Izzy77

Congrats! Best of luck to you. You must be delighted to have it now. Thanks for all that information. You were dead right to get the massage seats. I loved them on the demo. Shame about the app - same with the SEAT app though. I didn't bother with it after the year. I've managed without it too! Thanks again and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gorm

@DaveyDave : "Only downside so far, the app is €160 per year after the first year. So depending on how much you like preheating you may or may not want to continue."

Really? mine has come with a 3 year subscription. Says valid till 9/2025

Hi Izzy, got this from dealer today and it may be of relevance to you as from the sounds of it we are on the same ship, hope I am right!

Looks like we are imminent enough

"The car has left the port yesterday so SEAT have said the boat should be here before the end of the month as they want the cars registered this month too"

I like that the key for the car clips into the keyfob, my keys would always pop out while in my pocket. It also isn't finicky to get out of the fob either which is nice since it has its own button.

Ooh sounds promising!! Thanks for that. I've not heard anything yet but I won't panic yet 😃

I initiated conversation today just following up so thats how I found out

• Advertisement

I actually started a email to the guy I was dealing with too but of course got side tracked at work and then forgot about it! Maybe we will have them so by end of the month finger's crossed.

Follow it up today if you're curious, be nice to have a date to work towards

Finally got a call from my dealer yesterday to advise that my Born has landed!

Happy days!

For those waiting don't be afraid to give them a call to see if it's at the port or not, if you don't you'll be wrecking your head waiting by the phone for a call. Once it's at the port, then you can track if there's any ships from Emden which take 2-3 days, then 7-10 days to go through NVD and onto the dealer. If it's not at the port you'll just have to sit tight and they should give you a call eventually when it's at the port finally.

What date did it land? Landed in dublin port or landes at dealership? And what's your expected collection date?

Landed in Dublin Port. Must have arrived last week though. Haven't got a collection date yet.

Mine might be in too then, dealer told me it left the port on 13th. Would there be more than 1 shipment of Cupras to Dublin so close together?

There are two VW Group car carriers that deliver to Dublin. The mv Parana, due in Dublin tomorrow morning, and the mv Patara. They often dock in Dublin within a few days of each other.

Post edited by dubsphan on

Good info thanks Dubsphan, going by what dealer said it looks like my car is on the Parana due into Dublin port at 230 a.m.

• Advertisement

I've emailed dealer and will update with response when received. Will we meet the boat 🤣 I can't believe I just googled the navigation information on a ship!

Advertisement