Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone Pre-Order iPhone 14 Pro today ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

They took the money on ordering. I now have paid for two iPhones and nothing to show for it. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Esoes

OK it was the SIM card, but got another notification today for delivery tomorrow so hoping thats the phone! Didn't think Vodafone would be able to deliver launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Just got my shipment notification from Apple for the iPhone. Coming via DHL for me. Not visible in DHL yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Same here. Here we go! Should be here tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Got a shipment notification from 3, only problem is I'm not sure if it will be unlocked or not. It is €130 cheaper than with apple though so worth the try.

Has anyone got a 3 issued iPhone before, and was it locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Let us know what you think of the battery performance when you get the phone. I wanted the regular pro but in the end i went with the max for the battery because im doubtful i would be happy with the battery on the regular pro. Shame because i prefer the size. Pro max is borderline too wide / big but it's too hard to say no to it considering the difference in battery size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Shipment notification here too, due to arrive by Mon 19 Sept. Coming via UPS which I think means the phone is in the UK warehouses. Most likely delivered tomorrow when I'm not around... typical.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Vodafone order shipped, arriving tomorrow with an post - surprised as it had gone OoS by the time I managed to put my 3rd order through (the previous 2 having been cancelled for reasons known only to vodafone's gremlins)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Got a shipment notification from Apple direct also, wasn't supposed to be here until monday, so lets keep the fingers and toes crossed it's delivered tomorrow, eh?

Coming via DHL also.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭martin_g

Yeah DHL seems to be slower than UPS I find

• Advertisement

So how many of us are hitting refresh on the tracking 😂😂

meeee! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭McFly85

Vodafone order has been shipped too, arriving in 3-5 days, not bad!

• Administrators Posts: 54,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The battery on the normal Pro will easily last a full day with plenty of room to spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭DBK1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

What the hell is with the Apple website? Trying to buy the watch SE and I've tried 3 addresses so far and it keeps telling me it can't verify them. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭DubLad69

Was on to harvey norman today who said that I can collect a black one tomorrow. Still hoping that selectonline ships the purple one this evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

My purple 128gb upgrade shipped with 3 today. Has anyone upgraded and not paid for the phone yet ? Seems bizarre not to be charged yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Elessar

Have an order with Apple but shipping not until 3rd-10th Oct....chanced my arm and ordered with Compub/SelectOnline during the week. They can't tell me if I'll get it in first batch but said they will be shipping some out this evening and you'll get an email if you're one of them, and either way tomorrow they'll send out emails if you're getting one or you'll have to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

....from my experience if you get a phone from a carrier its locked to that carrier until you finish the contract/tarrif you signed up for.

They had told me originally I would get it for certain. Then when I asked today they said they got enough for vast majority of orders, but if I am receiving it tomorrow I will receive an email by 4:30 today.

Lets hope we get filled today! When did you order?

I'm not sure. There's a video on YouTube where the pro max only managed 4hours of screen on time. Mostly using the camera and video so for most it will obviously last longer but it doesn't bode well for the regular pro imo.

Guessing you pre ordered with them as soon as they accept pre orders? They told me they had no clue when id receive mine and that the first batch was delayed by 7 days. I got the impression they had no idea what was going on because someone else from Harvey Norman told me the opposite at first. In the end i canceled with them

Tuesday, didn't receive any dispatch as of yet. Did you?

• Advertisement

No, I didn't order mine with HN until Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

Did Currys take preorders this year? My order with Apple isn’t due to deliver until 18 October so might keep an eye out for them tomorrow morning

Harvey norman website says that they have a silver 128gb available to collect in Naas today.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

• Advertisement

I rang them. They said they are pre orders that haven't been collected yet. Bit stupid having them showing as available if they are paid for and held for pre orders

Anyone’s delivery order tracking status update yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DHL just updated now and SMS sent. Delivery is for tomorrow and not Monday as expected.

😂 yeah just updated now 👍🏻 thanks

If you'd want to take it I'd order anyway, was talking to a manager today about my order and they have an excess number of certain variants according to him. I had to change the one I had ordered or else i had to wait.

Well that would make sense given some variants are showing as available but i was specifically told that they have zero stock available. Every device that came in is on pre order and the availability is because they haven't been collected yet.

Having said that. I honestly don't think anyone in Harvey Norman has a clue. I was told the other day id have it on the 16th and after i ordered they emailed me saying it was delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nickooo87

Rang Harvey Norman this evening and mine is there to pick up tomorrow. Although still says back ordered on my account. They said they got a good bit of stock in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Are there any screen protectors that can’t get scratched or are really scratch resistant , do they make sapphire ones?

Oh well. I went to checkout and was told i could collect tomorrow. Rang for confirmation and was told what i said above. Just gonna wait for Apple at this point. At least i know when ill have it with apple even if it is delayed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Rang HN today, hadn’t preordered anything as I was going to chance a walk-in tomorrow if there was stock leftover (128GB Pro - wanted any colour) - they said from their pre-orders that there will be some availability left over in all colours. I immediately got in the car and went in and paid for a Purple one, on the off chance other people had the same idea about getting one on the day. All confirmed by the staff member in store that it’ll be there for me tomorrow to collect, just need to wait on a call as per their protocol as it was technically a pre-order. Happy days!

• Advertisement

Are you collecting from a store where it shows availability online ? Just curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭DBK1

Ordered through vodafone this day last week, according to an post tracker mine is out for delivery today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Currys just went live with "FAST Delivery" within 5-7 days. Just ordered and will update on if it looks like it's coming next week or pushed out.

Update: Got an order acknowledgement email as I ordered and said it's subject to stock availability, then 5 mins later another email confirming the order and preparing for delivery. Expected on or before 22nd September :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

I didn't even check at the time to be honest, but right now it's just showing "available to order", same with most of the locations.

No harm ringing up when they're open as they would have already allocated the preorder stock when it came in yesterday and be able to give you an accurate count of leftovers for stock use.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Esoes

😍 it has arrived

Hoping DHL doesn't mess up my delivery today, but they probably will! :)

Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Decided on Tuesday to upgrade from my pro max 13 , to new pro max 14 256gb black

apple (who i always buy from ) had 5 week wait

Harvey Norman didn’t say this , just a due out date …

any way ordered a black 14 pro max 256gb on Tuesday from HM

siad processing an hour ago , contacted live chat an hour ago and they said they have stock arriving today and are going through orders and would recieve an email with a update today sometime …

just got email saying it’s ready for collection !!!

might be stock guys !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Decided on Tuesday to upgrade from my pro max 13 , to new pro max 14 256gb black

apple (who i always buy from ) had 5 week wait

Harvey Norman didn’t say this , just a due out date …

any way ordered a black 14 pro max 256gb on Tuesday from HM 

siad processing an hour ago , contacted live chat an hour ago and they said they have stock arriving today and are going through orders and would recieve an email with a update today sometime …

just got email saying it’s ready for collection !!!

might be stock guys !!!

My tracking just updated to say it's in the delivery depot in Dublin.

I doubt it's gonna make it to Waterford today, so probably looking like it's original date, of Monday. Damn it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Mine arrived... !!!!

Transferring now... (sooo handy placing it beside "old phone" and it picks up straight away!)

First thing I noticed is how heavier it is too my iPhone 12 PRO & camera bump is HUGE !!!!

Advertisement