Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a cheque or draft question?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

If you are set up for online banking please go to services on your app and you will see an option for "send us a message" where you can request a copy of the cheques to be posted out to the address on file.

If you don't have access to online banking please contact our colleagues on 0818 365 365 from ROI or +353 1 404 4000 if calling from abroad and the team are available between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 trevorw1

Good morning

I need a bank draft for 175 euros for an Irish citizenship application. I have a current account with you. Can I arrange this via your online form or do I need to visit a branch?

Thanks

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You can certainly go to your local branch with photo ID and my colleagues can organise this bank draft for you.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dannyleadger

Hi there.

Bank drafts are available to Bank of Ireland Customers for amounts of €500 -or more (or the foreign currency equivalent of €500).

A Bank Draft requested in branch and intended for a payee based in the Republic of Ireland or the UK can usually be provided there and then.

Thanks,

Declan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Hi, when a transaction occurs on your credit card, does the available funds change prior to the actual transaction appearing online on 365?

Yesterday I had aprox 850 funds available, today card is fully maxxd out (but I was expecting transactions). But there are no additional transactions added?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

When you complete a transaction on your credit card it can take 1 working day for the transaction to show on your transaction list, however, it will reflect in your available funds sooner.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

That’s great, appreciate your help.

Many Thanks

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 Elauser123

Hi

i have a balance of a few thousand in current account and lodged a cheque for 10k last week at a lodgement atm.

The cheque for 10k bounced today (not sure why?) and my card stopped working around the same time. Declining repeatedly and on my online banking saying insufficient funds, but I have a few thousand euros in my account?

When I rang BOI CUstomer services they said I have insufficient funds, but I explained I have a few thousand in that account and if they could review further to see if any security blockers/ fraud or balance issues etc

they then said the cheque balance had also been removed twice from my account balance - making it appear as though 20k had been removed from my account and it may rectify itself at midnight. Problem is, I’m stuck at work unable to pay the carpark fee to leave or order a taxi home etc, with no access to my money until tomorrow.

is this a normal accounting error for a bank to make in 2022? This seems crazy, not only frustrating but very concerning.

Appreciate any more info on this or support

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. In an effort to have this looked into and resolved for you we would recommend that you contact our customer service team on 0818365365. The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and will be happy to help with this.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 makswoz

Hi,

I got a cheque from AXA for a 1000 euro. It is a cheque that says A/C PAYEE ONLY. The problem is that I do not longer live in Ireland as I moved to different country (Germany) although I still have my bank account with Bank of Ireland as I hoped that AXA will send the money into my account. How do I get my money? It is not possible to come in to Ireland right now because I am working and I need those money. My mother in law lives in Ireland, is there any chance that she can get those money for me?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi makswoz,

Thanks for your post.

A cheque can only be lodged by the account holder and we'd be unable to accept this as a lodgement from another person. We'd suggest contacting AXA to ask if they can cancel the cheque and send you a bank transfer.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 iraff1978

I lodged a US dollar cheque on 3rd November. Still no lodgement. Should it take this long?

Hi there,

A foreign cheque can take 4-6 weeks to clear on account for you. This time frame largely depends on the foreign bank confirming payment with us. Please be assured once it's confirmed to us this will credit account and funds will be available to you.

Many thanks

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Hi i got a BOI cheque i need to lodge to my BOI personal account and can i lodge into an account in branch if i just bring my Debit card with me and then check online it has been cleared and gone into account.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bank of Ireland: Niamh

Hi there,

Yes, the cheque can be lodged in a Bank Of Ireland branch. The funds will appear in your balance and will clear in approximately 5 working days. Please ensure to bring photographic ID (driving license or passport). My colleague will happily assist you.

Thanks, Niamh

I got in there before closing and had no problem presented cheque and debit card and entered pin and job done .

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Pod123

I got three cheques from Irish tax rebates,lodged them on Tuesday they showed complete on boi app on Wednesday, so I went to fill car up on fuel and my card got declined, yet balance on boi app showed sufficient funds,why don't cheques show up in progress,and when cleared go to complete?

Might they take 5 days to clear? i was lucky as mine was BOI and cleared very fast.

Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

All cheques and drafts lodged need to go through cheque clearing before funds are available. As correctly mentioned above, it takes up to five working days for cheques to clear.

Thanks,

Tara

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply,but why do they show complete before the five days,I thought they should stay in progress and then when cleared go to complete.

Thanks for getting back to us. The lodgement will show under Today's and Pending transactions on the day it is lodged and moves to completed the next working day. You can determine when the cheque is cleared by checking if there is an Available Funds Balance showing below the overall account balance.

Thanks

Tara

Thanks Tara

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 Iridessa

I don't really know where this question belongs, so you can move it to some place more apporiate if needs be.

I was just wondering what the letters *CDSSUP mean on the bank statement, i think it has something to do with PayPal, but i couldn't be sure of that.

Thank you.

😊

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

For the best help with your query, please contact our customer service team on 0818200362- select option 3. Alternatively, our live chat team are available through this link below. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Thanks, Megan

www.boi.com/chat

• Registered Users Posts: 4 derrygeel

I've a BOI current account in Ireland. Can I send a sterling cheque from it?

Hi there, thanks for checking in with us.

To purchase a Sterling bank draft, you will need to order in advance and then present in Branch to purchase.

Foreign bank drafts can only be purchased for amounts equal to 500 Euro equivalent or above.

Please see here how to pre-order

Many thanks, Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Arock47

Hi All,

Went to open a Joint mortgage saver account but it says it can only be funded by 1 current account... which defeats the purpose of a joint savings account.

Any way around this?

Thanks

Luke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Hi, I am a bank of Ireland account holder. If I accept a large bank draft from someone who is also bank of Ireland, will it still take 5 days to clear even though it’s the same bank? Thanks

Advertisement