Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭Deeec

😂🤣 Its impossible to discuss the topic with you as you refuse to see the obvious. We'll leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Stanley 1

Let me put it plain to you,Boggles, I believe Megham to be an out and out gold digger, who misjudged, miscalculated what marrying Harry would be and now finds herself under a constant microscope which she cannot control as her attempts to monetise her marital status/personal status are beginning to flounder with Netflix and Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Does "flounder" mean having one of the highest rated podcasts on Spotify and getting obscene money to produce it?

What is it 15-20m to talk absolute scutter? Where did it all go wrong George? 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Stanley 1

Am sure Netflix and Spotify will have clawback/get out clauses as the shine will come off her me, me and me podcasts.

Netflix are not getting the access they thought they would have in UK to brin in/get closer to the RF.

It will all end in tears and before a Judge, perhaps.

Gets accused of inventing figments out of thin air.....responds by wildly fantasising about her ending up in court because Netflix were only using her as a means to get access to the RF.

Nice work, Stan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I was thinking that. There are so many battalions, regiments, I don't know the correct terminology, differenct hats, uniforms, Stick of this and Stick of that, all these crazy titles. How the hell can they keep track of it all and is there actually one person who knows all of this?

I presume this knowledge is passed down through the aristocratic families. Do they have those costumes hanging in the back of their wardrobes?Did you hear yesterday some regiment had 'helmets' made out of swans feathers in keeping with tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭chooseusername

?Did you hear yesterday some regiment had 'helmets' made out of swans feathers in keeping with tradition.

Don't forget the Bear-skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

I know this is a H&M forum, but something I always can't help but notice ... Edo never looks as if he has any interest in Beatrice. He stays low key (for now), but something is off with this guy. Anyone else feel this too?

You can tell that Eugene's husband Jack adores her, the were together for years before thry married.

And before anyone says it, No I dont know them, no I havent met them .. but film images and photos tell a thousand words.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Wasn't there controversy around that? Suggested he left his partner for Bea?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Narcissists aren't geniuses. They dont make some big plan and set gear in motion, waiting for payback years later as every detail of their in-depth plan comes together. Markle is displaying clear, repeated signs. She is always the victim, she is always underdog, the world is against her and everything that happens is a purposeful slight against her. She constantly lies to try to put the spotlight on her, she is always looking to play the victim and is just craving attention like a vampire starving for blood. What she says and what she does do not add up. Its plain as day.

But I suspect that you dont really care about M&H. I wonder is your motivation for defending her unconditionally due to the enemy of my enemy is my friend? Do you despise the monarchy or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

just managed to watch the ceremony of laying down the coffin in westminster hall from yesterday. 'funny' thing I noticed, when the camera was on William, his body always blocked Meghan out completely. I had to look for other camera settigs if she was really there...😂sure, could be coincidence, but I personally don't believe in such a coincidence with this high profile event. The future king should not be seen standing kind of next to that woman during funeral processions / in churches.

Also very delicate, the shaking hands and exchanging some words with the archbishop of canterbury when they left the hall. Is that still the same man Meghan told the world him giving them a special wedding ceremony before their real wedding? If yes, how much more awkward can it get? She's a complete disgrace and I also think she should have been banned from the funeral procedures altogether to avoid exactly such humiliating situations for people she told her lies about. The RF shows actually a loyality towards her (and Harry) she should never get fmpov.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

He was with the mother of his child, and left her for Bea, and engaged to Bea within months. The ex gf's profile sky rocketed once he hooked up with Bea. I often wonder if they planned it for their financial benefit ie. Edo and his then gf? He sells property "for the wealthy" and she was a model I think. His property agency surely would have gained a lot of new clients once he married the queens grandchild. And the ex-gf's modelling contracts would have picked up with the publicity, right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭seenitall

I just looked her up, Dara Huang, American, awarded architect, businesswoman, acquired British citizenship this year.

Amazing the amount of internet psychologists that can diagnose a personality disorder without ever having to meet or talk to the person.

Invariably the people being diagnosed are almost exclusively attractive successful women too. Weird that.

Maybe someone should write a paper on it.

Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Trump is regularly called a narcissistic, he's neither a woman nor attractive.

Yeah but, usually by people who have spent time with him. I'm specifically thinking about his niece who is in fact a clinical psychologist. I did say almost exclusively though.

I'm talking about the internet psychologist who can diagnose people because they see them on the telly box. That is a great skill.

Some might say a bit Jill Dando esque, even.

No, it's posted here about him too. There are lots of attractive and successful women, but very few of them are called narcissists.

Meghan was a B list actress when she met Harry, she wasn't exactly a trailblazer. She is incredibly attractive though and was a stunning bride. If she wasn't a narcissist, actually understood the reality of marrying into the RF and settled into it I think she and Harry would have been far more popular than the insipid William and Catherine.

No, it's posted here about him too

Probably paraphrasing his clinical psychologist niece. You know the actual professional who has spent time with him, I know, I know novel concept.

There are lots of attractive and successful women, but very few of them are called narcissists.

LOL. There is a whole creepy sub culture who spend their lives online doing just that.

Meghan was a B list actress when she met Harry, she wasn't exactly a trailblazer. She is incredibly attractive though and was a stunning bride. If she wasn't a narcissist, actually understood the reality of marrying into the RF and settled into it I think she and Harry would have been far more popular than the insipid William and Catherine.

If Meghan was as devious as she is being painted, getting out of the Royal Family was the actual prudent move.

The commonwealth is about to collapse as is tolerance for the Monarchy even in Britain. Most just politely waited until Lizzy left the stage.

Going forward Charles is just a petulant man child and the lad coming up after him and his wife have the personality of some dust.

The wheels are about to come off the whole drawn out expensive inbred experiment.

Also cancelling the soccer has fúcked off a whole heap of people. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Thinking someone is narcissistic is not the same as saying they have NPD. No one is diagnosing anyone as only a professional can do that in a clinical setting but deflect away.

I agree with your last 4 paragraphs, but we have very different opinions on the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

Meghan markle is a cnut & harry is an even bigger one they are in a co dependant toxic coupling. They are professional victims and completely woke in their views they are just mad as a big bag of frogs. I wish the funeral was over yawn, so they could go back to California and be among fellow mad people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can't see them being back in the UK again anytime soon unless only for one of their woke conferences.

Funerals and the mother's statue is all that's kept them here family wise in recent years and I'd think it'll be another decade at the very earliest before the King kicks the bucket.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

of course the future king should be seen with his sister in law at a funeral or any occasion if that is what he wants, he was obviously okay with being so.

you think she should have been banned from the funeral of her husband's granmother because of small perceived slights that she has committed against an institution that cares not a jot about you, or perceived slights against you, so as to avoid mythical humiliating situations that you want to have existed, that is just not normal.

the reality based on your posts is that you think she is a disgrace because she stole your prince, as you and the small few others who are engaging in extreme over reactions to her believe that harry is public property who has no feelings and who must serve your ideals.

the royal family shows such a loyalty to them that they had to step back from it because they both suffered mental health issues, that is some loyalty, i would hate to see their disloyalty in action.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Yes even questions like does everyone own their own costume ? I’d actually doubt they do- I’d say these are kept somewhere central and regularly cleaned and mended as you couldn’t trust that people would look after them for years on end and anyway, you could grow out of them and what not - but the organisation of all of this would make for a great documentary- I hope there’s a camera crew following the organisers around capturing all of this and that we’ll see the results maybe next year in a fly on wall documentary

As someone else said, your last 4 points are spot on - my own view is that the wall to wall coverage over the last week with Charles heading up the ceremonies was much more about getting the public used to having Charles as King than it was about saying goodbye to the Queen- even relatively harmless William is not getting an easy ride of being made Prince of Wales - a lot of people “tolerated” the RF because of the Queen- whilst we know many commonwealth countries have questioned and are questioning their future in terms of who they want as head of state,the debate has definitely increased in the UK too- Charles is in for a rough time.

As for Megan leaving? I don’t think she had the foresight to leave at this time- it was more simple circumstance- Harry wanted an excuse for out, Megan gave him one and didn’t hold him back for carrying it out.

In The Cut article Meghan said Harry had "lost" his father in the process of them stepping down. I'm no Sherlock Holmes but, disregarding the apologists who said she was misquoted and she meant her losing of her father, it looks to me that Harry has found his father again in recent days. The victim playing PR is so obvious.

Small perceived slights? Going on telly and telling 17 verifiable lies are small slights now? I can't decide if you're gaslighting here or just engaging in minimisation. On the bright side Meghan is perfectly free to show disloyalty. Remember that she never had to sign anything from the institution preventing her from speaking out but, in Schrodingers Duchess, she was, at the same time, also silenced by the institution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Im with you this is pretty clear. Top episodes, from what I know is based on actual user listen numbers. Top Podcasts is a bit more woolly for sure. One metric I saw mentioned was it took the number of new listeners to the podcast into account. So a brand new podcast like Markle's would chart very highly because each listener is new and unique. Whereas with Joe Rogan he would have a fairly steady fanbase and so his number of new users may not be as high as a fairly high profile new podcast launch. But his raw listening figures Im sure would dwarf 90% of other podcasts.

Plus where there is ambiguity around something like Top Podcasts thats a clear avenue for paid promotion IMO. Not saying Markle did it, but if Spotify paid her to make a podcast you can be sure they will want it to succeed.

Anyway who cares about her numbers? Ive heard enough from the Serena Williams and Mariah Carey podcast to never want to listen to an actual episode.

Advertisement