Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are there any credible conspiracy theories?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You're right, there's a global conspiracy against de-wormer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

Saudi intelligence and Pakistani intelligence knew what was going on, it's almost guaranteed Mossad and the CIA knew too. CIA tracked 9/11 hijacker movements from the get-go. They knew an attack was coming but didn't stop it, regardless of what you want to believe.

An article in a Florida paper said Wolfgang Borhringer was tracked down by the FBI on a yacht on some remote island. The investigation ended when it was found out he was a CIA asset. Since then, nothing.  It's because Wolfgang Borhringer and Mohammed Atta were known in Florida that the FBI went after him. Nobody knows how the friendship started. Be a mystery. Wolfgang has ties to Neo Nazis groups/far right and Gangsters and seemly the CIA. What it all means can speculate. 

My speculation

During the time between hijackers setting up and the actual attack, another operation brought down the towers and WTC7. The materials found in the dust probably don't mean Saudis or Pakistanis did it. There have been decades of US military research into this military nano-thermite. Looks like they brought fancy stuff out of the lab to bring down the towers.

WTC7 different . It looks like they took out the floors of WTC7, then dropped and compressed them. The rest just fell through it at freefall.

To make nanometer military grade nanothermite: Israel or the U.S.are likely culprits dont believe Al Qeada has the means for it  

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And this is an example of a credible conspiracy theory?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Saudi, Pakistan, Israel and the USA all working together to bring down a couple of skyscrapers. Zero leaks from any organisation about it being an inside job, and zero idea as to why they would all want to do this.

Seems a bit extravagant if it was just to increase the shareholders value of some weapons companies under the guise of then doing away with Sadam Hussein in response to the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dtothebtotheh

Covid was leaked form the Wuhan institute of Virology. Not sure if that's even a conspiracy theory anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dtothebtotheh

I've gotta say, it does look like a controlled demolition. The Chinese can't even demolish buildings in such a perfect manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om6b0_ffyFQ

We get it, you've just discovered the Barry Seal websites.

This conspiracy of yours, is it your personal conspiracy theory or did anyone else come to the same conclusion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

I know, it's hilarious isn't it.

The mouse population must be delighted that there's an experiment on billions rather than much of their kin :)

Claims vaccines are an experiment

Experiments with non-approved de-wormer to treat it

Well they were experimental. Do you follow the science?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Butson

Lue Elizondo, who ran the Pentagon's UFO Taskforce up until a few years ago, has said in a few interviews that Roswell may indeed have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Not in the way that anti-vaxxers and charlatans like to portray it as.

They like to pretend that medical researchers, vaccine makers, developers and regulators released some totally experimental treatment on all their family and friends.

We've had vaccines for centuries, mRNA tech has been around since the 80's, extensive trials were conducted, billions have received multiple doses and somehow we're all still alive. Much to the extreme annoyance of the anti-vaxxers :)

Ironically the two anti-vaxxers I know in real life were both people who would happily munch all sorts of illegal drugs a decade or two back. Which is hilarious when you think about it.

That's an impetuous comment about antivaxxers being annoyed that we're all still alive. Obviously you have proof that that's what they would have preferred.

My look on it was the antivaxxers were worried in case a lot of people wouldn't still be alive, or they'd loose friends and family.

Show me where you have observed antivaxxers being annoyed with people surviving after taking the jabs, and I'll believe you.

It's a good comment. Do you lay awake at night because you think everyone you know who is vaccinated is suddenly going to keel over dead? I don't think so.

I don't see "worry" here, I see people wallowing in fake concern, a bit like all the conspiracy theorists who predicted that the pandemic would usher in totalitarian control over all of us, but never seemed to be preparing for it in any way. Almost like they knew it was all BS, but just loved to indulge in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

COVID is the best thing that happened the anti vaccine movement, up until this all they had was Wakefield, Jenny McCarthy and autism. COVID brought in a bigger range of customers.

No I don't nor did I ever lay in my bed at night worrying about not getting vaccinated myself. I hedged my bets on my immune system dealing with it and it won. I had the tiredness, a bit spaced out and fatigue after catching COVID, but nothing other than that.

They did tell us early on that it's not going to harm most people apart from a flu like symptom.

Did you not trust your immune system,or did you decide to take the easy way out and take the vaccine. I said I'd sweat it out if I caught it.

After catching covid,fit people who were vaccinated had the same symptoms as fit people who were unvaccinated.

So I suppose as I've said before, it works for the immunocompromised and elderly, but fit people had the choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

I fell into the conspiracy theory trap previously, the only one that I still think about is the 9/11 attack on the pentagon. Never did too much research after but it's mad that I haven't seen any clear video of the plane crashing into the pentagon. I don't think it's a big cover up thing or anything just something strange.

Happy for you. I know someone who died from Covid, they were fit and in their forties. It generally impacts older people or those with underlying conditions, but unfortunately it can be unpredictable. One of my friends has finally just lost the cough after 7 weeks of Covid, sickest he's ever been, no underlying conditions. On the flipside I know people who had it and barely felt it.

As for being "worried", if someone isn't worried about 6 million dying from Covid then they certainly aren't worried about a tiny handful injured or dying from the vaccine.

• Advertisement

Your last paragraph doesn't make any sense, bringing it to that deplorable depths of narcissism ain't a good response.

It accurately describes most anti-vaxxers and Covid conspiracists on this forum. They couldn't care less about a virus that has killed millions, but they are hysterical over vaccines which have saved millions of lives (whilst only causing an absolutely tiny amount of injuries/deaths)

The fact is that Pakistan ISI head Mahmoud Ahmed wired Mohammed Atta $100,000 a couple of weeks before 9/11. By this alone, we know Mohammed Atta wasn't just picked out of a crowd of Jihad-looking men to hijack a plane. There's a lot of overlap between ISI and CIA in the USA. Very high-level intelligence people in the middle east had back-and-forth meetings about this attack. In addition, we know Saudi spies helped and set up hijackers with cash, transport, and housing. Meetings with Saudi Embassy staff are very high level.

Al Qaeda least at this time clearly was some proxy army controlled by Pakistan ISI and Saudi intelligence. With all these goings on it's not improbable the CIA and Israel monitored it all and used this event for their own agenda. There are rogue groups that use crazy events like 9/11 to change the world. It used to be that lots of people in power wanted to radically change the middle east and remove anything hostile to Israel. 9/11 was allowed to happen so they could invade these countries. In the Pentagon, there was a plan to remove seven countries' leaders, Iran was on the list, but Iraq was such a disaster that the plan changed. It'd be hard to convince people to invade Afghanistan and Iraq if all you had was two towers with two big holes. Make the American public care enough to get on board with sending its army overseas. The buildings falling down on Manhattan were enough. 

In simple terms, if steel still buckles after a full collapse already underway here, there's no chance the freefall was caused by a progressive collapse.

Freefall means no resistance anywhere. 

It's a mystery how freefall can happen here when the building has already fallen two seconds or more? Debunkers refuse to debate it. Steel is clearly in way in the bottom.

There's a discrepancy between NIST and what actually happened. Right across the building, eight floors collapsed instantly, and then the rest fell at freefall. This NIST version gradually builds up to freefall with a transition. If the building is already in free fall, then there shouldn't be any columns standing.

NIST model of collapse makes no sense. Pointed out in the past.One side of the building columns provides resistance to the fall. Marked in red. Story of fire collapse isn't credible.

Uh, reading thousands of posts on this forum by anti-vaxxers and Covid conspiracy theorists over the past two and a half years?

• Advertisement

You've found a validator, quick fill them with pseudo-nonsense about 9/11

None of them suggested that they were annoyed about the fact people aren't dropping like flies.

So you're observation is way off, just because they're conspiracy theorists, vaccine hesitant, or antivaxxers doesn't mean they'd be happy to see people die. I see now where you're coming from.

Have you been keeping up with whats going on in the media about the vaccines.

Wow. Endlessly defending anti-vaxxers out of some bizarre loyalty to them.

A bunch of people who attack science, who encourage others to ignore medical advice. At one stage, up to 80% and even 90% of Covid patients in ICU's were unvaccinated, how many of them were convinced by online quackery of the type we see on this forum?

We aren't talking about people pretending we didn't land on the moon and all the other nonsense that goes on here, we are talking about people refusing widely available medical treatment during a pandemic, contracting Covid and then getting seriously ill, even dying - because they read or consumed information that was deliberately incorrect.

Do you run around convincing people you know to ignore the advice of their GPs? How is this any different?

What a truly fucked up hobby to have.

Blaming people who talk quackery and validating the power of antivaxxers convincing yourself that the conspiracy theorists convinced 80 to 90% of people to not get vaccinated.

I didn't get the covid vaccine because science said if you're fit and healthy, covid won't harm me. They were right.

Im not defending anyone, I'm just reading your abrahamic like rant about anyone who doesn't want to talk the shot is an antivaxxer and they're preaching the wrong religion.

Your way wasn't the only way to prevent covid, there's a lot of science to back that up. A good healthy lifestyle and zero alcohol, drugs and smoking is one. I don't do any of the three. For years I've been eating organic as much as possible, hiking, gardening/ tree surgery ,angling and surfing are my passions.

What's your lifestyle like ?

Are you immunocompromised?

Blaming people who talk quackery and validating the power of antivaxxers convincing yourself that the conspiracy theorists convinced 80 to 90% of people to not get vaccinated.

Is not what I wrote.

I didn't get the covid vaccine because science said if you're fit and healthy, covid won't harm me. They were right.

This is incorrect. If you are fit and unhealthy you are much more unlikely to die from Covid, unlikely doesn't mean impossible. You are interpreting it wrong or simply don't understand how risk works.

Im not defending anyone

You systematically defend anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists in here and denigrate posters who challenge them.

Your way wasn't the only way to prevent covid, there's a lot of science to back that up. A good healthy lifestyle and zero alcohol, drugs and smoking is one. I don't do any of the three. For years I've been eating organic as much as possible, hiking, gardening/ tree surgery ,angling and surfing are my passions.

That's great, Covid can still kill you. Fit and healthy people have died from it, children with no underlying conditions have died from it. Yes, it's rare, but you keep assuming it's impossible, which is false.

You represent a handful of anti-vaxxers on the site, confined to a conspiracy theory forum, so it's not much of an issue. However the principle is still the same. You are spreading ignorance and validating disinfo about vaccines on a discussion site.

On a population level that has an effect. People become persuaded by anti-vax disinfo and don't take the vaccine. Since the vaccine can reduce deaths from Covid by up to 80% or 90% (depending) and there are millions and millions of people not taking them due to the disinfo, you do the math.

If you can do the math that is, I think you struggle to understand basic risk.

• Advertisement

Your interpretation of everything is absolute quackery.

Notice how you are spinning everything around.

I don't represent antivaxxers. Ask me a question I'll answer it honestly.

Don't be telling me questions.

You remind me of a check point in Syria a few years ago, you're of that ilk. Turning thing's inside out and trying to obfuscate the subject matter.

You've been at that in the vaccine forum.

You didn't address any of my points.

It's very simple, anti-vaxx disinformation can cause people to avoid vaccines. That can have real life consequences. It's not hard to understand.

Has anyone here produced a credible conspiracy theory about vaccines? No.

No, cause the credible conspiracy theories being presented are things like the 9/11 attacks being faked with super secret silent explosives.

You'r not addressing much of my points either, it's touche...

I asked you a few questions and they weren't answered or even acknowledged.

There's a certain irony that there's a struggle to answer OP's question in this particular forum. Especially considering that conspiracies and collusion do happen on a regular basis.

Give me a conspiracy theory that's true,I'm all eye's 00

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Have a look at the likes of the previous US president, or for things like people skimming money off pension funds, or insider trading scams, or government contracts to provide PPE during a pandemic, or car manufacturers faking emissions or any number of conspiracies which tend to be exposed regularly.

Just none of them are as complex as anything that would be required to fake a moon landing, destroy some skyscrapers or kill off the population by use of nanotechnology in a vaccine... Yet these conspiracies are regularly exposed, and not by random people posting on Twitter. Generally by people involved leaking or making some stupid mistake, but the moon landings apparently were faked and nobody leaked anything?

Might not be happy to see it but conspiracy theorists on this site were happily to co-opt tragedies and claim they were cause by vaccines. They had no basis for it and it was pretty grotesque to do so. Not a single anti vaxxer called that kind of thing out, they were happy for it to become a part of the narrative.

For example the 1919 baseball world series final, Watergate, Operation Snow-White for the scientologists, Iran-contra, Libor, cash for honors, Peter Thiel and Hulk Hogan..

A conspiracy is basically a plan by more than one person to do something illegal/harmful, which as you can imagine happen all the time. Political, financial, criminal, etc. Starts as a theory, then when proven it becomes fact.

For some that are still in the "theory" phase (widely suspected but not 100% proven), picking one country, Russia, some examples are: the poisoning of Litvinenko with Polonium, poisoning of Skripal with Novichok, poisoning of Navalny with Novichok and the shooting down of MH117 and subsequent coverup.

Somehow, people like you have amnesia about science.

In Newtonian physicsfree fall is any motion of a body where gravity is the only force acting upon it. In the context of general relativity, where gravitation is reduced to a space-time curvature, a body in free fall has no force acting on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_fall

You can't have a building fall through its own structure over 100 feet with half of it still crumbling and bending.

. There's no conspiracy here, this is a computer-generated version of the collapse based on NIST's analysis. Any object falling under gravity alone, regardless of mass, would accelerate downward at freefall according to Newton's physics.

Due to the west section still in a state of collapse, freefall is impossible. There's no explanation for how you'd get to freefall when the building's already in downward collapse, 

We're not talking milliseconds here, this image is 2 seconds of final collapse..

According to NIST, the falling section crushes the bottom half. The opposite of freefall. When stuff is pushed out of the way using energy. You've been believing lies for 20 years, so it's no surprise. 

• Advertisement

Like locking people out of venue's and eatery's unless you're medicated. But it's nothing to do with coercion.

It's nothing to do with politics or bad science but may eventually be proven that it's wrong.

But it's hard to prove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Free fall…like people who piss off Putin taking flying lessons from high windows?

What do you mean "there is no conspiracy"?

You think that some government agency is trying to hide something from the world, for reasons you can't explain and by destroying a building by methods you can't explain, and supposedly various international journalists were in on the plan for some reason as well, but again you have no reason why this would be, or why the super secret demolition crew was known about by the journalists yet there has never been any leaks or story exposed about it.

It's just a bad story for a spy novel that nobody has fully thought through. The Harry Potter books have more basis in fact.

But cheerful you demonstrated that you don't understand what freefall is.

It took us months to get you to attempt a simple physics problem, after which you got the answer wrong and declared you were off by 2-4 seconds because the dust and smoke in the air would have slowed the building by that much.

You have constantly refused to actually explain why "free fall" indicates that it's a conspiracy and you've constantly refused to explain how this free fall was achieved in any detail.

Likewise you've refused to explain why they would have caused this freefall.

You've refused to provide examples of free fall occurring during demolition of other building.

You've refused to explain any of the statement from actual experts that you believe are contradictory.

You just keep bleating "free fall" and copy pasting stuff and smearing mspaint over pictures.

This isn't a convincing conspiracy theory. Pretty telling and funny that you aren't able to see that.

Like locking people out of venue's and eatery's unless you're medicated.

During a pandemic. To keep infected people from infecting non-infected people on a national level. Now you don't need certs to eat out.

You can't go to various countries in the world without being vaccinated for Yellow Fever, that's been around for decades. It has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with basic common sense.

Like wearing a mask during the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic.

The system isn't out to "get you". Vaccines are safe and reduce deaths from Covid. They are a no-brainer.

You are claiming that Jews, Arabs and "Nazis" worked together to bring the World Trade Center towers down. A view that no one else in the entire world has, just you. It keeps changing, you can't provide any solid details when asked and you expect people to believe you. If you walked into a shrink's office and said this they'd start classifying you right away.

Will you stop with the safety of the vaccines. We all know they didn't kill off anyone like the conspiracy theorists suggested.

What I'm talking about is there was no need for locking people out of eateries and venue's.

The vaccine didn't stop infection, they gave the vulnerable and elderly a headstart at not getting too I'll. As for fit healthy people like yourself and myself it was a case of two cent none the richer.

What I'm talking about is there was no need for locking people out of eateries and venue's.

Why not?

During an infectious viral pandemic, people together = more infections. Therefore at the peak of the pandemic, when national health systems were coming under critical strain, we needed to reduce the number of cases. We needed to temporarily stop people gathering at nightclubs, pubs and venues to reduce the spread. Hence the temporary restrictions.

As for fit healthy people like yourself and myself it was a case of two cent none the richer.

Being young, fit and healthy absolutely reduces your chances but it doesn't make you completely invincible to the virus. You can be hospitalized due to Covid. That takes up a hospital bed and requires hospital staff. You can die due to Covid, that takes up ICU, and more staff.

The vaccines reduced the chances of hospitalization and death. Therefore reduced the strain on our national healthcare system.

I'm making another post to highlight this

Will you stop with the safety of the vaccines. We all know they didn't kill off anyone like the conspiracy theorists suggested.

There's an entire thread here full of anti-vaxxers claiming that the vaccines are dangerous. You might think vaccines are safe, but they don't.

• Advertisement

Well sure what can we do about their opinions about the vaccines, they'll only double down if you keep on trying to sway their opinion or call them out on it.

It's futile, I've waited for a long time to see if they're dangerous and I'm content that those nearest and dearest hadn't any adverse reaction.

Advertisement