Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bugs / missing functionality reports - no griping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Inviere

Sill impossible to accurately tag more than one user in a post, at least for me on mobile anyway. One will tag correctly, then the second will do it incorrectly. Than of course you can't delete the embedded tag in the unfinished post, so you've to leave the post so it saves as a draft, then delete the draft from that part of the site.

Mad were still seeing stuff like this over a year on, but hey, at least we're off vBulletin eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I think I may have been the first poster to flag that. They said they were going to prioritise it for security reasons so I'm sure it's still top of the list 🙄

Indeed, I've reported it previously myself. I think at this stage, it's plain to see the site is effectively on life support from a development perspective...ticking along, but a shadow of its former self in terms of community engagement from the powers that be.

The approach now unfortunately seems to be to ignore/stop engaging in feedback/development matters, and hope the backlash goes away. It'll probably work, but like I say, it really goes against what Boards used to stand for in terms of engaging with users.

Week 3 of asking for an update, any kind of an update, on the current issues from @Boards.ie: Niamh or @Boards.ie: Odhran

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't see anything wrong with the tagging in his post?

I don't think Niamh reply's at all. I was banned two months or so ago and contacted the boards email address twice. And both times I was ignored. I'm not sure if that happens to everyone or because I was banned. Who knows.

Stone me, I didn't even spot that, even though I'd selected Odhran. Fixed it now

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Niamh rarely, if ever, gets involved with bans.

It wasn't about the reason I was banned. I wanted to find out how long I was banned for. As my email address was old and I had no access to it. Turns out it was four weeks which was a very long time and the reason I contacted her twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Small issue with the Categories listing to the upper right on screen

The Politics section has no drop-down, it's just a link.

Clicking that link brings you to a Sub-Category page, where you then have to click into either Politics or the Politics (Archive).

Can the Category Menu be changed to either: 1) directly link to the Politics forum or else 2) a drop down like all other categories that then allows you to click directly to the actual Politics Forum ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Main navigation bar doesn't work from the search results page.

there is very noticeable jerky reloading when you select yes / no to "did the poster answer your question?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Last Post hasn't been updated for a while on some forums. Both of these forums have posts after September 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭FazyLucker

Apologies if this has been asked before - is there a reason why boards doesn't display correctly on Chrome? Seems to display correctly on Edge.

Can't see the top bars - picture below.

Thanks,

Fazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Are you using an ad blocker?

That pushes the page upwards, meaning you can't quite see those tabs.

It is caused by that user using an ad blocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭FazyLucker

Thanks both, that resolved it.

Many thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm not getting notified of replies to my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Site......is......running.....at......a....snails.....pace, click a link and count a few Mississippi's before it loads.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi all, apologies for my absence from this thread over the last while. I was on holidays and have been struggling to get back onto everything and up to date since then.

A few quick notes for you:

Date fix - this is a permanent fix and should not be affected when the time goes back at the end of the month

Jumping - as I said in the other thread this is back on the current list and being looked at.

My own post makes my followed threads appear in bold - this is a really annoying one and one Vanilla have had systemwide for a while now. They have a fix ready which will be pushed with their other monthly bug fixes on 17th October (Monday week).

Groups - on desktop the look of Groups has been tidied up to mirror the other forums - work on this is ongoing, e.g. headers on forum view are still not right.

Other things I have taken note of to look at:

Notifications not always clearing when you have marked all as read

Followed forums - when you read one thread on the forum, sometimes all threads are marked as read

Footer links are still not all populated (Contact Us, Advertise, About Us etc)

Photos still sometimes upload sideways

The footer ad can sometimes block a reply box - we've had this and looked into it before, I might just need to go back through old emails to see what the outcome of that was

Thanks - you still can't see if you have thanked a post yourself or see a full list of who has thanked a post

Category menu - 'Politics' links to the category instead of the forum.

Thanks for all your contributions and your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can you please have the reporting text box looked at? You have to type a report completely blind, then collapse the text box to see what you've typed, then as soon as you try to make a correction you're back typing blind again. It's a total PITA.

(On mobile anyway, can't remember what it's like on desktop)

Images still being uploaded arse ways. If you upload say x4 images, and the 2nd one is rotated incorrectly, you've to delete it and everything after it if they're in sequence, because there's no in built method to correct rotation.

I think this was reported months ago, so just here to highlight it again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I've noticed that 'Mark Forum Read' on desktop is not on your list @Boards.ie: Niamh This is a basic feature of any forum - can it be added? Surely it can't be that difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

2 related issues - I can't see who thanked the OP of a thread and I can't thank the OP (1st post) of a thread - (laptop/chrome) Anyone else get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I can thank your post but can't see who has thanked the first post in this thread and can't add my thanks to the first post (maybe I did long ago when this thread first started?).

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This happened a few mins ago on more than one thread:

(I've removed my IP Address, in case you were wondering).

That's exactly it. I haven't needed to log in on a phone or tablet yet so maybe it's different. PITA

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You can, it just doesn't appear. If you thank the opening post then reload the thread you'll see the thanks have increased by 1.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

Thanks, that does work alright 👍️

My mouse is knackered at this stage with all the clicking

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement